Windows 10: popping sound

Discus and support popping sound in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up...... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by macoulin, Mar 4, 2024.

1. macoulin Win User

popping sound

my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up...

:)

macoulin, Mar 4, 2024
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue popping sound :p

cadaveca, Mar 4, 2024
  3. poganyg Win User
    Windows 10 popping sound in speakers

Hi,

I have the exact same issue and I went through all the steps suggested above but none of them helped. I get the popping sound when any kind of audio is on. Even when external speakers or headphones are plugged in.

Do you have any other suggestions what to do?

Thanks

poganyg, Mar 4, 2024
  4. fireberd Win User

popping sound

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

popping sound

1. popping sound - Similar Threads - popping sound

2. High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.: This problem is from day one with my computer. I haven't been able to fix it although I have tryed many solution the last three years. Everything is up to date, video drivers, motherboard drivers, latest firmware, all windows updates, everything looks ok, and has been updated...
  3. High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Latency, sound corruption and pops after watching audio - video. Problem still not solved.: This problem is from day one with my computer. I haven't been able to fix it although I have tryed many solution the last three years. Everything is up to date, video drivers, motherboard drivers, latest firmware, all windows updates, everything looks ok, and has been updated...
  4. popping sound

popping sound: my computer gives a popping sound, and often a crackling sound [generally instead of music] on start up... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/popping-sound/86aa61a9-903c-4098-bc3b-978f60ecf7da
  5. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.: Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. What could it be and how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/translucent-sound-control-pop-ups-periodically/0c1325b6-c101-4774-a6b1-647d0a490085
  6. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.: Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen. What could it be and how to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/translucent-sound-control-pop-ups-periodically/0c1325b6-c101-4774-a6b1-647d0a490085
  7. Translucent sound control pop-ups periodically appear on the computer screen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11: Hi,So I've upgraded to win 11 lately. Had no problem in windows 10.This is a lenovo LOQ 15 new laptop. Didn't have a problem before in the short time i've ran win 10.It's connected to a speaker system, receiver outputing to 2 big speakers.Now, shortly after getting windows...
  9. Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11

Speakers making either popping sounds or electric static like when disconnected windows 11: Hi,So I've upgraded to win 11 lately. Had no problem in windows 10.This is a lenovo LOQ 15 new laptop. Didn't have a problem before in the short time i've ran win 10.It's connected to a speaker system, receiver outputing to 2 big speakers.Now, shortly after getting windows...
  10. Clicking sound or popping noise from microphone on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Clicking sound or popping noise from microphone on PC: [IMG]The clicking sound or popping noise from a microphone on a Windows PC is frustrating because it interrupts the video or screen recording. Due to this issue, users cannot use the microphone on video or audio calls in different apps. If you experience such an issue on your...