Windows 10: Port 445 still open but i cannot connect (Use shared drive)

Discus and support Port 445 still open but i cannot connect (Use shared drive) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I'm having a weird problem. Two day ago my customer inform me that cannot use shared drive at their office. This is my system environment to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by netusernoname, May 11, 2017.

1. Port 445 still open but i cannot connect (Use shared drive)

Hello
    I'm having a weird problem.
    Two day ago my customer inform me that cannot use shared drive at their office.
    This is my system environment to test this problem.

Port 445 still open but i cannot connect (Use shared drive) [​IMG]

This check list that i passed it but still not solved problem.
    • No Active Directory Domain , simple workgroup sharing
    • Turn off all both firewall on client and server
    • Turn on File and Printer Sharing on on Change advanced sharing settings section on all network profiles
    • Turn on Network discovery on Change advanced sharing setting section on all network profiles
    • Turn on 139 and 445 port

• Turn off Nod32 and Windows Defender antivirus on Server
    • Disabled IPv6 on both Server and Client
    • Turn on File and Printer Sharing for Microsoft Network on both Server and Client

This is my confused
    • i can ping together
    • i can use remote desktop or telnet from 192.168.56.101 to Server
    • i can use remote desktop or telnet from 192.168.100.101 to Server
    • i can access share drive via typing \\127.0.0.1 or \\SERVER-PC (Server's name) on Server
    • i can't access share drive via typing \\192.168.100.10 or \\192.168.56.1 on Server

• i can telnet via typing 127.0.0.1 445 on Server
    • i can't telnet via typing 192.168.100.10 445 or 192.168.56.1 445 on Server

Any help will appreciate
    Thank you

:)

netusernoname, May 11, 2017
  2. ReyNurse Win User

Win10 machine visible on network but cannot access shared folder from other devices

Hi all

As above, I have a Win10 PC (Win10 Home v1703, build 15063.413) with a shared external drive containing 10TB of media.

Machine is ethernet wired to Linksys XAC1900 router/modem.

Many other devices on network include: 4 x iPads, 3 x Win PC's (various versions), WDTV Livehub, etc.

All access the shared drive, and have been doing so for 2 years.

The snag? I had to reset the router to factory default, and this of course botched everything on the Win10 machine. At first, it couldn't even be seen on the network by the others (which are all fine and see each other happliy).

After much trolling of forums over the last two days, I have managed to at least get it visible on the network (at least by the PC's, but still not the tablets or the WDTV). However, none of them can access the Win10 machine. After the "cannot connect" dialogue
    box, ran the networking troubleshooter and got "file and print sharing resource is online Detected but isn't responding to connection attempts".

Furthermore it also states "the remote computer isn't responding to connections on Port 445...etc".

Checked via cmd and Port 445 is listening. Even created an incoming rule to ensure it's open.

Network private

Discovery enabled

File and printer sharing on (full permissions for Everyone)

Password protection off

Cannot ping other machines but both can ping it

Pretty much at my wits end. Hoping someone can help me out here...

ReyNurse, May 11, 2017
  3. Davidsom Win User
    Unable to access shares on my Windows 10 Pro desktop.

Current Win 10 ver is 1703 Build 15063.483

I discovered this problem today, but as I rarely access shares/resources on my Desktop from other PCs I cannot be sure how long the problem has been there.

The Desktop is working well in every other way. Using Netstat I can see that port 445 is being listened to,

TCP 0.0.0.0:445 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

TCP 0.0.0.0:3389 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING

but Wireshark shows absolutely no response when I telnet to that port. Even if I try to telnet to port 445 from within the Desktop itself I get no response. However if I telnet to the 445 port using the 127.0.0.1 address then I get a response.

I have checked that file & printer sharing is configured on the Ethernet port.

I have tried with the firewall turned off.

Remote desktop works fine.

I have searched the 'net extensively and have see 1 of 2 others with the same problem but their solutions have not worked for me. This isn't a tragedy right now, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Davidsom, May 11, 2017
  4. Michael93 Win User

Port 445 still open but i cannot connect (Use shared drive)

Hi netusernoname,

I have the same problem, did you found already a solution?

Michael93, May 16, 2017
  5. Try this
    sc.exe config lanmanworkstation depend= bowser/mrxsmb10/mrxsmb20/nsi
    sc.exe config mrxsmb10 start= auto

netusernoname, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Port 445 still open but i cannot connect (Use shared drive)

1. Port 445 still open but i cannot connect (Use shared drive) - Similar Threads - Port 445 still

2. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...: HI,I want to know how i can BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to access Local Network Shares from the Windows Firewall Rules in Windows 10.Can anyone help me on this?ThanksMuja...
  3. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...: HI,I want to know how i can BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to access Local Network Shares from the Windows Firewall Rules in Windows 10.Can anyone help me on this?ThanksMuja...
  4. BLOCK Outbound SMB Port 445 to Access Internet based shared and Allow SMB Port 445 to...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How enable stealth mode on port 445?: I run Shields Up on grc.com and find all ports are stealth but 445 that is closed.I'd like to turn port 445 from closed to stealth. How?I've searched a lot on firewall settings but I didn't find anything.Running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1415]Thanks....
  6. How enable stealth mode on port 445?

How enable stealth mode on port 445?: I run Shields Up on grc.com and find all ports are stealth but 445 that is closed.I'd like to turn port 445 from closed to stealth. How?I've searched a lot on firewall settings but I didn't find anything.Running Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19043.1415]Thanks....
  7. I Disabled Ports 135 and 445 but they still show as Listening. Any ideas?

I Disabled Ports 135 and 445 but they still show as Listening. Any ideas?: Hello,I blocked all inbound and outbound traffic from ports 135 and 445 in Norton and Windows Firewall settings and when I run "netstat -na" or "netstat -anb" in command prompt, it still shows that those ports are listening. Please see pictures for reference. Any ideas?I...
  8. Windows 10 using port 445

Windows 10 using port 445: I am attempting to setup an SMB server using a third party software, but it says that port 445 is already in use. I ran "netstat -abo" and it says "Can not obtain ownership information". It also reads that a process with id of 4 is listening on it. This process is labeled as...
  9. cannot connect using hdmi port

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot connect using hdmi port: Cannot connect to my tv using hdmi port on my Acer all-in-one computer. how do I connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-connect-using-hdmi-port/572fea0f-cb24-4362-a423-1af3070e90f8
  10. Opening port 445 in win10 - how to ?

Opening port 445 in win10 - how to ?: Network problem : A computer with an open port 445 can not connect to my pc with win10 and an open port 139 only ! How to open port 445 for filetransfer to another computer ?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. port is open but cannot connect