Windows 10: Port Forwarding Security Cam

Discus and support Port Forwarding Security Cam in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am trying to open up my security camera so that i can view it outside of my network (i am traveling in a couple of weeks and want to watch my cat)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by billybag, Nov 29, 2017.

1. billybag Win User

Port Forwarding Security Cam

i am trying to open up my security camera so that i can view it outside of my network (i am traveling in a couple of weeks and want to watch my cat)

Everything works fine within the network

i once had to do some port forwarding for Minecraft 3-4 years ago which i was successful at. So i have some (rusty) experience. Plus i have tried to follow a few guides online with no positive results.

some info:
    Camera is a WansView Q3
    Router (2) Netgear WNDR4300SW which is LAN to LAN connected to
    Router (1): Same model as above
    No FireWall settings are available on Router 2. Router 1 has "Access Control" and the IP of the camera is "Allowed"

The reason i have the second router is because my room is separated from the main house; thus, wi-fi is spotty. So i have a second router in my room with me.

In WansView settings, i have unchecked DHCP and i have changed the port from 80 to 8080.

In both routers, i have added my camera's IP address and used External Start Port and External End Port 8080 and used the same for Internal Start and End Port

The device also does not show up on my router's UPnP Table and i see no way of adding it.

i am unsure what else i am missing, Thanks in advance.

:)

billybag, Nov 29, 2017

2. Web cam not working.

Hi Maryo,

We need more information about your concern. Is this a built-in web cam or an external web cam? If it's an external web cam, we suggest that you try and use other ports and see if it helps. You can also try to download the web cam driver through the manufacturer's
    website.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Nov 29, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Usb

Turn on your Cam, then when you plug in your cam to the USB port, the menu on your cam should give you the option to set the cam as USB Drive and Windows should then see the Cam as a USB Drive

I Hope this Helps!

DaveM121, Nov 29, 2017
  4. Port Forwarding Security Cam

Hi Billybag.

Just reading up on your device. Netgear Access control is usually done on a MAC address not an IP address. If you have Access control turned on for that extra layer of security great but I still think it is the MAC address. I could be wrong, could you confirm. Your post said IP address.

Next I assume Router (1) is the router running DCHP, handing out addresses, and when you say Router (2) is connected lan to lan you mean you have a cable running from a Lan port on the back on (1) to a lan port on (2). (The cable is not connected to (2)'s Wan Port).

If this is the case I would be looking in Router (1) and I would assign the camera an IP reservation based on its MAC address. This way the camera will always have the same IP address if port forwarding is required, I haven't read that far. Before trying this I need a clarification on another comment.

You said in WansView you disable DHCP. Does this mean you assigned it a static address outside the DHCP range used by router (1)?

I'll continue to read and get back any additional questions.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 29, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Are you sure you are using the correct internet IP and trying it when not connected to local network you can't test if your on the network you need to be connected externally

Samuria, Nov 29, 2017
  6. billybag Win User
    Hey guys. Sorry for the late reply; i was at school all day.

So i have no idea what i did, but it just randomly worked about 15 or 30 minutes after i posted this. it was late and i was exhausted so i just went to bed. i wish i could say what i did exactly. i sort of just kept doing the same things i was doing over and over.

anyway, thanks for the replies and i read them just in case it stops working. But it is almost 24 hours and it still works.

thanks again

billybag, Nov 30, 2017
  7. Great. Must be a special cat. LOL

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Port Forwarding Security Cam

1. Port Forwarding Security Cam - Similar Threads - Port Forwarding Security

2. Forwarded port filtered

in Windows 10 Support
    Forwarded port filtered: Hello My name is Bo and I live in Sweden. I'm a member of a small songgroup and we try to find a way to reherse from our different homes- (Normal Videoconference software have far too much latency). we have found a software which seems to do the work if we can have a server...
  3. Port forward

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Port forward: Why do the various sites online for checking the router's open ports see the doors closed, while they are open? I have a Fastweb Fastgate router. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/7c87e27e-60f9-4ff3-9582-f20582de3024
  4. Port Forward

Port Forward: How do I port forward? I tried portforward.com but did not work.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forward/00a563a6-dab5-478b-9547-f6c19f73e1a8
  5. PORT FORWARDING

PORT FORWARDING: HEY, i tried a lot!!! but i am not successful in port fordwarding... where is the problem, i don't know. How to solve.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/port-forwarding/581bf140-fd49-471c-8412-dc44d9023e79
  6. Port forwarding issue

Port forwarding issue: I have a public IP address and sometimes host game servers on my PC. I was perfectly able to do this before, but now any server that I create doesn't seem to be visible from the outside of network. I made no changes to the network configuration, the only thig that appears to...
  7. Port Forwarding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Port Forwarding: Need to open up ports for an upcoming project (HTTPs, SSH, and RDP). I've added all these services in the "port forwarding" section of my network settings. However when scanning with netstat, I cannot find these ports enabled. Pinging directly with telnet I get a failed...
  8. Can't port forwarding

Can't port forwarding: [ATTACH] Port serviciu = Service port Port intern = Intern port Adresa IP = IP Address Protocol = Protocol Toate = All Stare = Status Activat = On/Activated Modificare = Modify Stergere = Delete I am trying to portforward a server but it doesn't work [ATTACH] I...
  9. Port forwarding not working

Port forwarding not working: Im trying open a port on my computer to allow torrent programs to upload better. problem is I cant seem to get this done. [img] [img] 67774
  10. Port forwarding help

Port forwarding help: How can i make port forwarding? I can't seem to make it. 86212