Windows 10: Portable driver updater

Discus and support Portable driver updater in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. I am so sick off fixing driver problems and update them one by one using SlimDrivers (free). Can anyone recommend a portable driver updater... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by norway2016, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Portable driver updater

Hi there.
    I am so sick off fixing driver problems and update them one by one using SlimDrivers (free).
    Can anyone recommend a portable driver updater that works with Win 7 and 10?
    I do not mind paying for it.
    Just want a software that scans for outdated/missing drivers, downloads them and updates them in one go... *Smile
    Does that even exits? *Eek

:)

norway2016, Apr 27, 2016
  2. branu Win User

new ovi suite beta out

as for your driver have you tried

If you go to the device manager and update driver for the Portable Device, say no to Windows Update, Select Install from a List, Don't Search, Remove tick for Show Compatible Hardware, Select Nokia, then Nokia Windows Portable Device Driver.

branu, Apr 27, 2016
  3. My Lumia 830 is not seen by my Win 10

Hi,

Thanks for the update and response.

Are you able to view the portable device in device manager?

Are you able to see Lumia drivers under the portable devices in the device manager?

I suggest you to try updating the portable devices in device manager and check if it helps. Also ensure all the pending updates are installed on your computer.

Refer the below steps to update the driver.

• Press “Windows + X” and select
      Device manager
    • Select “Portable Devices” and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on
      Update
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue is resolved.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Apr 27, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Portable driver updater

Windows 10 maintains all significant drivers required for normal use. Driver scanners cannot be recommended in general, and drivers later or older than Uncle MS thinks are good for you will be replaced unless you take special precautions.

Only in exceptional cases are these useful- when you have a particular problem or missing driver. Drivermax has helped me with a couple in the last year.

Don't routinely scan for driver updates with Win 10- it's a waste of time and effort if your system is running.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  5. It dosn't seem that DriverMax is portable?
    I do not want to install it, I want to run it as is from a USB stick... *Smile

norway2016, Apr 27, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I only mentioned it in context- I'm not recommending a portable one as I've not used one, and I couldn't recommend the use of one routinely; sorry.

dalchina, Apr 27, 2016
  7. I would recommend Driver Pack Solution and Snappy Driver Installer. They are both free and portable. Just be careful to uncheck any unwanted softwares in DPS and you'll be fine. I've never had issues with either.

AnonVendetta, Apr 28, 2016
  8. dalchina New Member

Portable driver updater

But what is their relevance to Win 10 in general, when Windows maintains your drivers?

dalchina, Apr 28, 2016
  9. @ dalchina: Windows 10 does an atrocious job of installing drivers. I've found that it oftentimes installs (and by force) really old drivers, or drivers that gives BSODs and other errors, or are otherwise simply incompatible/don't work. I much prefer to do these manually.

AnonVendetta, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Portable driver updater

1. Portable driver updater - Similar Threads - Portable driver updater

2. portable devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    portable devices: Hello my problem is unknown device in my computer im not connect anything in my comp i try unistall but this device E:\ install again what is this or what can i do? this is dangerous?...
  3. Windows 10 update & portable HD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update & portable HD: My laptop's Hard Disk is nearly full, too full to install the March Windows update without downloading it to my portable SSD. The update installed successfully & then asked if I wanted to delete the previous version of Windows from my SDD. Can I do this without negatively...
  4. Using Portable Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Using Portable Update: Having hard time understanding how to use this program. I have four computer in my house and on a limited data plan, have to find a good way to keep all updated. So I download the Portable update program 2.5.1, I see where it does a search on the computer and tell you what to...
  5. portable drive

portable drive: portable hard drive not recognize after windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-drive/50df189a-2a32-4bb0-97e6-421d82f65bfa
  6. Portable Device Driver Issue

Portable Device Driver Issue: I have two identical laptops HP Elitebook, one is from work and the other is personal. I am connecting my Nikon DSLR to use as a webcam. When I connect it with my personal laptop it works fine but when I connect it with my work laptop it does not pick the camera. I have...
  7. Driver for Iomega portable drive

Driver for Iomega portable drive: With a Windows 10 update I'm no longer able to access my Iomega Portable backup. It won't boot up. Can you tell me how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-for-iomega-portable-drive/ac705db4-1c87-4aa1-ba0b-3514cf1425aa
  8. portable device

portable device: When I connect my andriod to my pc it cannot connect to pc. and my porable device is missing in device manager. driver cannot install in pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/portable-device/5c6ef136-b901-4f6a-aaea-126fc4a2037c
  9. Portable Device driver in the Device Manager

Portable Device driver in the Device Manager: Can anyone explain why Windows 10 does not have a portable device driver in Windows 10? I'm trying to connect my Cannon Rebel XT camera to my new laptop (Insprion 15-3252). I thought it was now suppose to work through the USB port drivers but I have uploaded all the latest...
  10. Networx Portable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Networx Portable: Running this program to keep track of data usage,problem is If I forget to shutdown this program before windows shutdown all data is not saved. You have to close the app before windows shutdown to save the data. How can I force this program to shutdown before windows...