Windows 10: Position of File Explorer Details Pane

Discus and support Position of File Explorer Details Pane in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi. According to the final entries on this old thread: Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums oldnewexplorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dortmunder, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Position of File Explorer Details Pane

Hi. According to the final entries on this old thread:
    Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Page 2 - - Windows 10 Forums
    oldnewexplorer doesn't work after the Windows 10 anniversary update.

I've newly upgraded to W10 and am disappointed that there is no longer a details pane along the bottom of the screen in File Explorer. As the last poster in that old thread asked - is there a fix? Thank you.

:)

dortmunder, Mar 29, 2017

2. Details Pane at Bottom of File Explorer Has a workaround 3-28-18

UPDATE 3-28-18! Its been fixed on my computer when I installed newoldexplorer and uninstalled it...

The DETAILS pane was removed from windows when Microsoft moved to windows 10 from windows 7.

The ability to see the file details at the bottom of the window was gone until today!

Finally, with the update I installed this morning, I noticed that you can choose both preview pane and the details pane together and the details pane is on the bottom of the window with all the information!

After further review, it seems I installed newoldexplorer and then uninstalled it but the details pane is still there

at least for me, not sure if everyone got it.

i have:

windows 10 pro version 1709, os build 16299.125

i originally thought it was fixed but alas, not so

Jason in Key West, Mar 29, 2017
  3. HT HED Win User
    Windows 10 Explorer File Details Pane

A simple fix would be to ad 'tabs' to file explorer. Amazing this isn't standard OP in Windows at this point. How bout it MS, can ya listen & take suggestions any more? Thanks

HT HED, Mar 29, 2017
  4. mykou Win User

Position of File Explorer Details Pane

OldNewExplorer is working under anniversary update ( at least , the latest build 1.1.8.2 ) and running fine on my rig ...

Position of File Explorer Details Pane [​IMG]

Here is version history

v1.1.8.2 26.07.2016* Fix possible crash on process exit
    v1.1.8.1 21.07.2016* Support for build 14393
    v1.1.8 03.04.2016* Support for build 14295
    v1.1.7.1 13.09.2015* Fixed rare crash
    v1.1.7 09.08.2015* Fixed crashes
    v1.1.6 03.08.2015* Fixed deadlocking
    v1.1.5.1 19.04.2015* Fix for Windows 10 build 10049+
    v1.1.5 21.03.2015* Support for Windows 10 TP* Option to replace navigation buttons
    v1.1.0 20.07.2014* Improved injection mechanisms to solve issues with some options not working in some cases
    v1.0.7 14.02.2014* Enabling glass on navigation bar removes padding around search box and reduces travel buttons padding* New setting to remove Up button
    v1.0.6 10.02.2014* New settings to show navigation bar on glass (without ribbon only)v1.0.5 02.02.2014* O-N-E is now registered as BHO to initialize in all explorer windows* New settings to hide caption text and icon
    v1.0.4 05.12.2013* Fixed: Folders can't be renamed when 'Use libraries; hide folders' is on (1.0.3 bug)
    v1.0.3 29.11.2013* 'Use libraries; hide folders' hides folders even with subfolders (explorer.exe restart no longer required)
    v1.0.2 26.11.2013* Removed 'Group network locations separately' - always on* All options are off by default* 'Use libraries; hide folders' hides folders even with subfolders (explorer.exe restart required)* Fixed installation with spaces in path* Fixed ONE crashing SIB

mykou, Mar 29, 2017
  5. Works!! Thanks, mykou. Now, if only there was a fix to get rid of the huge icon that obscures your aim when dragging and dropping...

dortmunder, Mar 29, 2017
  6. mykou Win User
    Nice dortmunder *Smile
    Could you explain what you mean by " huge icon" or maybe show on screen ?

mykou, Mar 29, 2017
  7. mykou Win User
    mykou, Mar 29, 2017
  8. Position of File Explorer Details Pane

I don't think so either - that's what I meant by "Now, if only there was a fix...". Thanks for having a look, though.

dortmunder, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Position of File Explorer Details Pane

1. Position of File Explorer Details Pane - Similar Threads - Position File Explorer

2. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...
  3. The details pane on file explorer update sucks.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The details pane on file explorer update sucks.: I used to be able to highlight 79 photos at once and add a comment that would apply to all 79 photos. Now? NO I followed anther thread concerning this issue but the old "fixes" don't seem to work anymore. Is there anything that can be done to reverse this annoying "update". I...
  4. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane: Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple i.e. more than one media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files, split them or leave them as they are....
  5. Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer Details Pane: Upon the last update, I can no longer see details of multiple i.e. more than one media files audio and video when selected. This is rather critical as I work with audio and video files. I must be able to determine whether to join files, split them or leave them as they are....
  6. Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer: Hi community. I decide to have a new post about this issue. Following this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-details-pane-to-bottom-of-windows-10/6d885636-288a-4841-87a1-c1c99a2462df, I can tell there are a lot of people wanting the...
  7. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  8. File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer in Details Pane View stops responding: File Explorer, in Details Pane View, stops responding after the closure of any .docx file or any .xlsx file if said file was opened via File Explorer. Older .doc files or .xls files do not cause such a problem, nor do .pdf, .txt or .jpg files cause such a problem. The...
  9. Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows: How to: Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows How to Customize Preview Details in Details Pane of File Explorer in Windows The details pane shows you see the most common properties associated with the selected file. File properties...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119