Windows 10: Possible link windows10insiderpreview.exe?

Discus and support Possible link windows10insiderpreview.exe? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Can someone tell me if this link is legit and actually works or if the upgrade FAILS and does not work (if it does not show up in windows update as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by realflow100, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Possible link windows10insiderpreview.exe?

Can someone tell me if this link is legit and actually works or if the upgrade FAILS and does not work (if it does not show up in windows update as available to upgrade to windows 10 after running it failed)

if you search on google "windows10insiderpreview.exe" without the quotes it will show up as the 4th to last link at 11.83MB in size. (file size is in the link)

:)

realflow100, Jul 24, 2015

2. possible scam link

All web-based malware alerts are fakes. Microsoft actually does have an ongoing conversation with your PC (via telemetry) regarding updates, system errors, malware issues, and so forth – but it never responds with a warning in your web browser. Any
    legitimate alert from your AV app, or from your OS, will always appear in either a
    notification area pop-up, or an independent window (outside of your browser window) – never as a pop-up in your web browser. So whenever you see one of these security alerts pop up in your browser, it
    always means that somebody out there is looking to scam you, and that they’re using this fake alert just to lure you into calling their “tech support” number where they’ll try to sell you some software, or some malware-removal service, that you really don’t
    need – and then charge you an exorbitant price for it.
    These Tech Support Scam pop-up messages (dialogs) come in lots of familiar themes: virus detections; hacker alerts; firewall intrusions; hardware error reports; system error reports; and what have you – but all of these
    web-based warnings are fakes, and you just have to ignore the content and close the page.

And of course closing the malicious page is usually the problem, because most of these scam sites try to coerce you into calling their tech support number by preventing you from closing their webpage. They do that with a
    dialog loop, which is just a script that reloads the fake pop-up alert (dialog) every time you try to close it. So in order to escape from one of these malicious pages, the first thing that you have to do is try to close the alert. That allows
    the browser to detect the message loop – and the browser will then immediately add a
    Dialog Loop Protection checkbox (e.g., “Don’t let this page create more messages”) to the fake alert popup. And then once you’ve checked that option, you should be able to close the scam page right along with its popup:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning/microsoft-virus/5335f80f-4cfc-49e0-bbcf-8f575730779a?auth=1

On browsers that don’t support Dialog Loop Protection, though, you’ll still have to close the browser window with
    Task Manager (right-click on the taskbar; start Task Manager; and then end the browser process) and then go directly to your
    home page when you reopen the browser.

There’s also a newer version of the Tech Support Scam that shifts the scam page to
    full screen in order to hide your desktop and taskbar. With this one, you should be able to toggle the screen with the browser screen control keys; for example, I can toggle Edge’s
    full screen on and off with Windows logo + Shift + Enter in the Creators Edition. But since the screen control keys aren’t very well known, what I would recommend here would be the old familiar
    Ctrl + Alt + Delete. That allows you to start Task Manager – where you can just close the browser app. In fact, if you start Task Manager this way in the Creators Edition (with Edge in
    full screen), this will automatically minimize Edge, and that leaves the desktop wide open. So there are several different ways to get out of one of these
    full screen scams – provided, of course, that there isn’t any real malware running in the background that could interfere with these methods.

Tech support scams - Windows Defender Security Intelligence

Tech Support Scams

Breaking down a notably sophisticated tech support scam M.O.

GreginMich, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Daemon M Win User
    possible scam link

was looking online to find a movie to watch and clicked on a link that took me to a windows site. It looks legit but to me not at all as screenshot will show.

link is: <link removed>

and at the same time mbam was blocking a bunch of suss sites

Possible link windows10insiderpreview.exe? [​IMG]

Daemon M, Jul 24, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Possible link windows10insiderpreview.exe?

I would not use that as it's not from MS.

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  5. DavidY Win User
    It is the name of the file which MS provided to let you install the Insider Preview for the first time as an in-place upgrade (rather than using an ISO), and it's about the right size (I saved a copy)
    However there's no guarantee it's from MS so I would avoid.

DavidY, Jul 24, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    And there's not guarantee that it will still work.

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  7. it appears to be the exact same file with same hash and MD5 checksum is identical

Only other way to still get it as an upgrade would be to download the iso from microsoft and mount it with an iso mounting program or burn to a CD and try upgrading while windows is running? Would that work?

8. BunnyJ New Member

You will have to upgrade first before you can get the ISO from MS. There's still time to make sure your PC is eligible and sign up for the upgrade. You should get it on or after the 29th.

But as I said.. there is no guarantee that the program you mentioned in the OP will still work.

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  9. How do i upgrade if i cant? Im on windows 7 ultimate 64-bit here and i can't click the "get started - PC" option and
    im already signed to the insider program but the "get started - PC" icon is greyed out
    so I CAN'T get it *Sad
    Home page - Windows Insider Program
    if you go here and sign in you will see it says that

10. BunnyJ New Member
    The insider program was closed a while ago. But check this thread to see if you can get windows upgrade for your PC:
    Reserve Free Upgrade to Get Windows 10 in Windows 7 and 8.1 - Windows 10 Forums

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  11. DavidY Win User
    The insider program is still running, you can still sign up and for instance if you want to test Mobile builds, can still download them.

It's only download and activation of PC builds which has stopped, and I imagine it will resume sometime after 29th July.

DavidY, Jul 24, 2015
  12. I dont have a phone. i want it for my pc so thats not going to help me any *Sad so will i not get windows 10 upgrade EVER? D:

13. BunnyJ New Member

Did you check out the thread I posted? You still can as far as I know.. get the upgrade that is.

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
  14. i read somewhere on the site it said they will be charging after the date of june 29th *Sad so if i cant get before that im doomed

15. BunnyJ New Member
    Read the thread and follow the instruction. It does work.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jul 24, 2015
Thema:

1. Possible link windows10insiderpreview.exe? - Similar Threads - Possible link windows10insiderpreview

2. Is it possible to make HDR exceptions for specific exe's/games/etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to make HDR exceptions for specific exe's/games/etc: Hi. I have a problem with one game that have blackscreen on launch, but it is only with HDR turned on. It's known issue and I just have to disable HDR when I wanna play this game, but I'm curious if there is any possibility to make exceptions to this specific game/exe file....
  3. Is it possible to make HDR exceptions for specific exe's/games/etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to make HDR exceptions for specific exe's/games/etc: Hi. I have a problem with one game that have blackscreen on launch, but it is only with HDR turned on. It's known issue and I just have to disable HDR when I wanna play this game, but I'm curious if there is any possibility to make exceptions to this specific game/exe file....
  4. Is it possible to make HDR exceptions for specific exe's/games/etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Desktop shortcuts and program file .exe links are failing to open.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop shortcuts and program file .exe links are failing to open.: My desktop links are failing to open. first one now three. Even program.exe file links do not work on those failed links. It seems something is happening. The links are not associated with each other. This is a new computer running Windows 10. I already used Task Manager "run...
  6. BSOD Possible linked to network adapter?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Possible linked to network adapter?: I had an old ws parked in the garage since 2017 (cus he was giving me lots of BSOD headaches since Win10) and now with lockdown I decided to give it to my daughter to do her schooling in order to save wife's notebook. It is an old machine dating almost (old)10 years with 2...
  7. Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ask which browser to open a link with. Is it possible?: Hi, on Windows 10 I'm using several browsers at the same time. When I open a link from my E-Mail Software, it will open it in the default browser. Can I somehow make Windows ask every time what browser my link should be opened with? submitted by /u/AlarakAkbar [link]...
  8. Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?

Is it possible to link context menu with running default browser?: So, what I would like to do is for example click on the image with left mouse click and use a context menu for two things. One is searching the image on Google Image, so I can easily find similar images. Second is pretty much the same thing, but instead, search the filename...
  9. HELP... UNKOWN .EXE ON TM POSSIBLE VIRUS

HELP... UNKOWN .EXE ON TM POSSIBLE VIRUS: I downloaded uTorrent the other day and clicked no on all the sponsored ads. Since then however, my laptops been running a weird .exe command called “Cxaudiosvc.exe” thats eating my ram. While google says that this is a command ran by conexant audio services, I never...
  10. Odd question? Is it possible to link files to wordpad or notepad?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd question? Is it possible to link files to wordpad or notepad?: Okay here's what I'm trying to do but don't know how or even if its possible. I want to make my files for movies more unique. What I'm trying to do is place a image of the show I want and then name the file as "Season 1" and then in order place a link from the file. It...