Windows 10: Possible method to Stop/Start WIndows Update in Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Possible method to Stop/Start WIndows Update in Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; After extensive searching on how to stop automatic updates in Windows Home I found this which looks like it might do the job: From Command prompt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bbinnard, May 11, 2018.

1. bbinnard Win User

Possible method to Stop/Start WIndows Update in Windows 10 Home

After extensive searching on how to stop automatic updates in Windows Home I found this which looks like it might do the job:

From Command prompt these commands will permanently stop and restart automatic Windows updates:

sc delete wuauserv

sc create wuauserv

SC is a command line program used for communicating with the Service Control Manager and services. The Delete command deletes a service from the registry, and the Create command adds it back. SC supports a lot of different commands; to see them enter sc /? at a command prompt.

I've not seen any info about sc before so before trying it I'd like to hear if anyone else has any info on all this. I need to turn off Auto Updates because I've given up on trying to install 1803 for the time being.

:)

bbinnard, May 11, 2018
Thema:

Possible method to Stop/Start WIndows Update in Windows 10 Home

1. Possible method to Stop/Start WIndows Update in Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Possible method Stop

2. Windows 10 Home refund possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home refund possible?: I purchased a windows 10 how product key from the Microsoft Store online. I didn't realize I already have a pro version already linked to my account.Do I have any chance for a refund. I did not see an option to return in my order history. I did not register or activate the...
  3. Windows 10 Home refund possible?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home refund possible?: I purchased a windows 10 how product key from the Microsoft Store online. I didn't realize I already have a pro version already linked to my account.Do I have any chance for a refund. I did not see an option to return in my order history. I did not register or activate the...
  4. Windows 10 Home refund possible?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Stopping windows 10 Home updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stopping windows 10 Home updates: I wish to find a way to permanently stop windows 10 updates as they render my Alienware 2518HF almost useless. There are no new monitor updates I can find so the issue seems to be with the updates. A 800 x 600 monitor is ****. Thanks in advance for any help....
  6. Windows 10 Home Search not possible and Start menu crashes.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Home Search not possible and Start menu crashes.: Hello, This is my first post in this forum. I have two problems with my Laptop installed with Windows 10 Home. I recently re installed Windows completely new. After some weeks following issues occurred. - The Cortana search function and the search function...
  7. Is it possible to stop Windows 10 from changing the home directory to C:?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to stop Windows 10 from changing the home directory to C:?: Hi everyone, I'm trying to smoothly migrate my primary OS to Windows 10 without causing disruption to my daily PC usage and workflow. For years i've held onto Windows 7, which has been my C: drive. With hopes of upgrading, my plan was to install Windows 10 to my X: drive,...
  8. A method to permanently stop windows 10 update

A method to permanently stop windows 10 update: I faced several problems after I installed windows 10. I do not need very advance features in my PC. Therefore I decided to stop windows 10 update. Can responsible engineer in Microsoft company give a easy method to permanently stop windows 10 updates. If it is easy that is...
  9. Is it possible to repair Windows 10 Home with Pro?

Is it possible to repair Windows 10 Home with Pro?: I have a computer that won't start after an update, and I don't have a recovery drive. It was upgraded from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home for free. I would prefer to have Windows 10 Pro for greater control. If I buy a license for 10 Pro and download the...
  10. Is it possible to change languages in Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Support
    Is it possible to change languages in Windows 10 Home: Like the title says, is it possible to change the language in the Home version of Windows 10? My computer was purchased in Korea and its native language is Korean. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium K (SP1). If I upgrade, can I change the language? I have found A TON of...