Windows 10: possible ram issue

Discus and support possible ram issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi. my laptop can run perfect and in a session it will show the bsod normaly with the line Memory_Managment i suspect that it is the memory gone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jamos316, Feb 19, 2016.

1. jamos316 Win User

possible ram issue

hi.

my laptop can run perfect and in a session it will show the bsod normaly with the line Memory_Managment
    i suspect that it is the memory gone bad but i just did a test using mdsched.exe and no errors

what can it be

James

:)

jamos316, Feb 19, 2016
  2. ruko2 Win User

N95 + CoPilot 7 - Possible RAM issue

Send it back to T-Mobile and buy directly from Nokia.

ruko2, Feb 19, 2016
  3. lsr1981 Win User
    N95 + CoPilot 7 - Possible RAM issue

Hello,

I have had my N95 for a couple of weeks and I must admit I love the phone in every way. However I am noticing a small issue when running CoPilot and was wondering if this sounds like a RAM issue.

Basically when the app is running sometimes it seems to just lockup (usually if rereouting), occasionally the app will close (especially if I get a message through) or even reboot the whole phone.

I have installed Handy Taskman and I have noticed that when it all goes wrong I have about 100k of free RAM which would suggest that the phone is running low on memory (or very close to it).

Now unfortunatly I only seem to have 13Mb available at the best of times but I am also on a T-Mobile handset running v12 (before demmand paging and the RAM boost).

Spoke to T-Mobile about the updates to v20 and v21, they have no release date. Altough I have noticed that the T-Mobile site no longer has the N95+CoPilot option since they have moved to v7, which is puzzling, maybe the lack of the v20 update means that the
    app does not run that well, although that is just speculation on my part.

Anyway, I really like the N95 but this memory issue is bugging me. I am considering sending the phone back to T-Mobile and buying a SIM free one so I can update it. Tried local Nokia service center and I already have the latest software for my phone (v12).

If I do get a phone with v20 (or v21) how much extra RAM will I get, and more importantly how much free memory? If I say CoPilot needs about 14Mb - 15Mb free to run well am I likely to get this with the latest software from Nokia?

I know there are ways to get the latest updates on my phone but I don't want to risk it, would much rather send this one back and buy one from Nokia.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Lee

lsr1981, Feb 19, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

possible ram issue

philc43, Feb 19, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

possible ram issue

1. possible ram issue - Similar Threads - possible ram issue

2. Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram: I have a weird stutter issue. Searched it on the internet, i think i am the first one facing this problem. So the issue starts when my laptop is in sleep mode and i move the laptop. When i turn it on, whole system is on stutter. If i move the mouse , it moves then stutter...
  3. Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram: I have a weird stutter issue. Searched it on the internet, i think i am the first one facing this problem. So the issue starts when my laptop is in sleep mode and i move the laptop. When i turn it on, whole system is on stutter. If i move the mouse , it moves then stutter...
  4. Weird Stutter Issue Possible Cause Ram

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Possible RAM error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible RAM error?: When I check one of my computers with mdsched.exe in the advanced mode the computer freeses after a few minnutes. The normal mode runs without errors. What could be the reasons/significance for this?...
  6. Possible RAM error?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible RAM error?: When I check one of my computers with mdsched.exe in the advanced mode the computer freeses after a few minnutes. The normal mode runs without errors. What could be the reasons/significance for this?...
  7. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  8. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues: So basically, this started about 2 years ago when i finished my PC build. Pretty budget at £250 but I started to get BSODs randomly, maybe 1-3 months apart. One of them which i believe to be a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, made me have to reinstall windows after a "restarting...
  9. Possible Ram or Ram Slot issues or Driver issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. is it possible to upgrade Ram

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    is it possible to upgrade Ram: This is a Genuine Question. is it at all possible to change the Ram on a mobile device for the better, say from 512mb to 1GB, 31933