Windows 10: Possible sound crackling after restart

Discus and support Possible sound crackling after restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the last few months, I have noticed my sound crackling. I kept thinking I had fixed the problem, but I have finally figured out that the crackling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saith89, Sep 12, 2017.

1. saith89 Win User

Possible sound crackling after restart

In the last few months, I have noticed my sound crackling. I kept thinking I had fixed the problem, but I have finally figured out that the crackling returns whenever I restart my computer. Restarting my computer again may or may not fix the problem until the next restart. I have been having to restart about 3~5 times to get my computer to run without crackling.

I have Google'd and found many other very similar sound crackling issues reported by other users. None of the solutions have worked for me, and none of them discuss the "random after restart" symptom I have described.

I can test to see if my sound is crackling by playing sound while my Steam library is open. I had thought the problem was just Steam, but I can still hear some crackling without ever launching Steam, but using Steam is the easiest way for me to test for crackling. If I do hear crackling nothing I do makes it go away (I just have to restart and cross my fingers), and if I don't hear crackling, I never do until my machine is restarted again.

When the sound is crackling, I have also noticed some issues with video playback, the video will speed up and slow down and sometimes freeze. The closest I came to having the issue fixed was after I uninstalled my graphics driver, there was no crackling while it was uninstalled, but the problem came back as soon as I reinstalled the driver (I actually reinstalled an older driver, but that didn't seem to make any difference). I have also updated all my other drivers, uninstalled several programs, reinstalled Steam. I believe I have done all the typical trouble shooting solutions.

If it is the Graphics Driver, then it seems like rolling back the Driver would have worked. I also don't understand the whole "random after restart" thing. I won't be too surprised if there's no known solution (other than buying new hardware, which I can't afford right now), but I'm still very interested to know what people's thoughts are on this at least. Why does it randomly occur after a restart?

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Intel Core i5 650 3.20 GHz
    Geforce GT 7208 GB RAM

:)

saith89, Sep 12, 2017
  2. Endwar Win User

Low FPS and Stuttering after Windows 10 Creator Update

They are connected bot sound and slow load.

In world of warships after a 2-3 minutes when finally load game it start sound crackling until it fully load the game.

I have little details on ship and no camo until it is fully loaded and then only sound crackling less but still and I have off board Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality card.

No problems until 1703 update.

There is a beta drivers fix on Nvidia site.

It helps a little.

warships no more slow load and sound crackling but tanks have sound crackling during load only but it load at normal speed

Endwar, Sep 12, 2017
  3. Wisemann Win User
    Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Thank you very much for the solution. I now have access to my notebook and the keyboard and trackpad are working fine. However, the crackling/popping sounds problem is still there, a few minutes after starting my notebook the sound starts popping very
    frequently, there is also a lag between sound and picture when I watch videos, this was the reason I ruined my keyboard in the first place. Please assist if possible.

Wisemann, Sep 12, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Sep 12, 2017
  5. saith89 Win User
    saith89, Sep 12, 2017
  6. saith89 Win User
    I have never heard of this Creators Update before now. From what I have just read, I have the Creators Update, but there's a patch coming next month that should (hopefully) fix my problem? I'm willing to wait for the patch, but I can't mark my problem as solved until then.

Even if the patch works, I'm still a bit curious as to why the crackling comes and goes between restarts. I have never had any issue behave like that.

saith89, Sep 12, 2017
  7. dalchina New Member
    What’s new in the Windows 10 Creators Update - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog
    Windows 10 Creators Update: The smart person's guide - TechRepublic

That's the current build - 15063

The coming build - 2nd half of Oct is the Fall or Autumn Creator's update
    Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: All the changes so far | Windows Central

Each of these major builds is a complete new build of Windows- in between which are updates (patches).
    The process is utterly different for a build upgrade to that for a patch.
    Upgrades are like Windows installation, especially if done manually, whereas patches may be virtually invisible, or require just one restart.

Please search the forum for 'stutter' for more on that.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible sound crackling after restart - Similar Threads - Possible sound crackling

2. crackling sound?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  3. crackling sound?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crackling sound?: i joined the insider program to get a new windows 11 update then restarted and all my sound is crackling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/crackling-sound/94964467-f487-4e19-be07-6a2f6ae16553
  4. Crackling sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  5. Crackling sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackling sound: Hi all,I have a strange symptom I can't get repaired my self, please help.The symptoms I am experiencing:1. A crackling sound through my speakers when sound plays. It doesn't matter what application i use. 2. When the PC gets really busy, music slows down a bit it's not...
  6. Sound Crackling/Popping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound Crackling/Popping: I finally changed my Win7 to Win10 after few years because my friend convinced me. Now all of a sudden i got crackling issues with my audio since the first day i installed it, it comes and goes. YouTube everything! It drives me insane. I tried reinstalling drivers, I even...
  7. Crackling Sound on Speaker

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Crackling Sound on Speaker: I got a crackling sound in the front left satelite that doesn't go away whatever I do I did: 1.Restarted the system 2.Changed the wires 3.Changed the satelites between them to check if it's the satelite, and the sound comes from the exact same place front left even after...
  8. Crackling sound on laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crackling sound on laptop: Hello, i have a HP Pavilion 14 with windows 10. Intel i7-4510U, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA 840M. I dont know how and why but my pc is so laggy and start to make a crackling sound like a sound of a bee in a mili second i guess but repeteadly when i stream a video or open a game. At first...
  9. Sound crackling and lag

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound crackling and lag: Every time I watch videos/Play game, Sound lag/error comes. the sound pauses repeatedly in seconds and makes a noise like "beeeeeps". I have tried all the ways, sometimes it works and sometimes not. I tried to roll back sound driver on device manager I tried to uninstall...
  10. Sound Crackles

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Crackles: Whenever I'm watching a stream or playing a game with a stream my sound crackles and pops. I'm using Sennhieser PC 363d and I've tried another headset and also speakers and I'm still experiencing the sound issues. It started happening about 3 weeks ago when I started playing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. crackling sound during pc restart