Windows 10: possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1

Discus and support possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Seems, I read that the home premium edition automatic windows updates could not be disabled like win 8.1 can in services can anyone confirm this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by p5200, Aug 1, 2015.

1. p5200 Win User

possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1

Seems, I read that the home premium edition automatic windows updates could not be disabled like win 8.1 can in services can anyone confirm this? *Smile

:)

p5200, Aug 1, 2015
  2. MikeGodin Win User

How to tell Windows 10 Anniversary edition to always prompt me for post-update restarts

I need Windows 10 to never, ever restart automatically, but I would like it to apply updates when they are available and prompt me to restart when necessary. This has been possible in every previous version
    of Windows, it's possible in OSX and it's possible in Linux -- is it possible in Windows 10 Anniversary edition?

In answering, please consider:

I am using Windows 10 Anniversary edition, not Windows 7, 8, 8.1 or 10

Scheduling a window of time when restarts are ok does not work for me.

Disabling updates does not work for me.

MikeGodin, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Upgrading from 8.1 Pro to 10 Home

I have Windows 8.1 Pro on my computer, and would like to upgrade to Windows 10. However, I would like to upgrade to 10 Home edition, but the upgrade automatically goes to 10 Pro (since that's what I'm "entitled" to get). I want to do the upgrade (instead
    of a clean install) because I'd like to keep all of my files, programs, etc.

Is it possible to upgrade from 8.1 Pro to 10 Home in this manner?

Thanks.

Leonardo A., Aug 1, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Aug 1, 2015
  5. Akane Win User
  6. p5200 Win User
    Thanks for the verification folks! *Smile

p5200, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. possible to disable automatic updates with 10 home edition like 8.1 - Similar Threads - possible disable automatic

2. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  3. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update: Hi,I have an old windows 10 Home edition laptop, which does not mee the windows 11 requirements.I've blocked the windows update on this laptop by disabling the windows update service; also configured the pause update.But in the last two weeks, I still get windows update...
  4. how to disable windows 10 Home edition automatic update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  6. Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is it possible to downgrade to Home edition of Win 10 from Enterprise edition?: I have a VM running an evaluation copy of Windows 10 Enterprise Edition. I don't really need all of that functionality and would like to downgrade to Home Edition, but I wouldn't want to reinstall everything from scratch. Is it possible to simply enter a Home edition license...
  7. How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do you Disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates in Home Edition?: I've been having this problem for several years now and it's been getting progressively worse... I need my computer for online school... So having it down for a couple of weeks is not good...Every time there is an upcoming update usually about 2ish weeks before the update...
  8. How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition

How to disable automatic updates for Windows 10 home edition: I know this has been asked countless times before but I'm really coming to my wits end here.. basically i have a Windows 10 ver 1607 operated tablet..it have 32 gigs of memory and 2 gigs of RAM ..i use it for light stuff like reading PDFs watching YouTube etc..the thing is...
  9. Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.

Permanently disable Windows 10 Home Automatic Updates.: Why does Microsoft block the ability to use the "Enable or Disable Automatic Updates using a REG file" capability in Windows 10 Home Edition? I have an aged self assembled pc running proprietary software that will not function beyond version 1511. Once again MS, the largest...
  10. Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates

Windows 10 updates for Home Edition, no control over automatic updates: Users payed for OEM included with laptops, payed for internet access, they deserve to have the choice to start or not an update. Is not only about scheduled restarts. Updates are starting without control, net bandwidth is brought to a halt, nothing else can be played or done...