Windows 10: Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?

Discus and support Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The major WIn10 updates - 'creator' update, 'fall update', 'spring update' - those ones. Is there an option to manually decide to postpone them, or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KyrilMocine, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?

The major WIn10 updates - 'creator' update, 'fall update', 'spring update' - those ones.

Is there an option to manually decide to postpone them, or skip til next one?

Thanks.

:)

KyrilMocine, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Alden Rey Win User

excel not auto recovering and manually saving

Hi,

The concern you have encountered with Excel not auto saving may be due to a corrupted file or a misconfigured setting.

May we ask if you have 3rd party software running when using Excel? If yes, we suggest to temporarily disable it to isolate the issue.

Any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?

Have you tried any possible troubleshooting steps? If yes, what are those steps and did you get any error messages?

You can turn-on the auto save option by the following steps:

• Open Excel
    • Go to File then Options
    • Under Save option, check the 'Save AutoRecovery information in every' option
    the best way to check when auto save is disabled is to hover over the toggle and read the reason that the popup tool tip identifies. Simply follow the steps provided in this

article

According to this
    article
    the autosave function will be disabled when the file is in the old file format .xls.

Kindly keep us posted with the results.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jul 31, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?

disable windows10 update

Hi Sathish, do all 3 steps below to disable Windows 10 Automatic Updates . . .

Open the Settings App

Go to Accounts - Sign-in Options

Choose to sign in with a Local Account rather than a Microsoft Account.

In the Settings App

Go to Network and Internet

Set your WiFi connection as Metered

Click your Start Button, type services and hit ENTER

Scroll down the list of services to find Windows Update

Double click the service

If it has started, click 'Stop'

Then you must set its startup type to 'Disabled' - 'Manual' will not do!

Restart your PC

That's It!

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?

1. Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual? - Similar Threads - Possible disable Windows10

2. How to disable auto Windows update on a Windows10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable auto Windows update on a Windows10 Pro PC: To disable automatic Windows Update, I tried the method using group policy editor.Open local group policy editor and edit "configure automatic updates" from Not Configured to Disable.Then reboot the PC and opened Windows update.Then it says, "something went wrong. Try to...
  3. How to disable auto Windows update on a Windows10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable auto Windows update on a Windows10 Pro PC: To disable automatic Windows Update, I tried the method using group policy editor.Open local group policy editor and edit "configure automatic updates" from Not Configured to Disable.Then reboot the PC and opened Windows update.Then it says, "something went wrong. Try to...
  4. How to disable auto Windows update on a Windows10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Manual Update Possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manual Update Possible?: I just checked my desktop computer. The Windows Update shows 2 Updates. One says STATUS: Pending Install. The other says STATUS: Installation 100%. Its been sitting like this for 2 days. Anyway to get it to install when I want it? Like "press here to install now" button? 183849
  6. Manual Update Possible?

Manual Update Possible?: I just checked my desktop computer. The Windows Update shows 2 Updates. One says STATUS: Pending Install. The other says STATUS: Installation 100%. Its been sitting like this for 2 days. Anyway to get it to install when I want it? Like "press here to install now" button? 183849
  7. disable auto updates

disable auto updates: lots of problems 1903 of all sorts We recommend that you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until a new driver has been installed and the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update has been automatically offered to you....
  8. Manual updates possible or not

Manual updates possible or not: Hi there Is it possible to manually install updates. I don't like this "Dumbed down" methodology as you might with very good reason not want to install "all possible updates". You can't (or I can't find it) even get a history of your updates -- another retrograde...
  9. Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ?

Finally ! And, On Disabling Any And All Auto. Updates ? Possible ?: Hi, Got it (I think). Have a Dell XPS 8900, 2 years old. Home version of W10. Nothing fancy in setup. Thanks to all for ALL the help. Really appreciated. Question: Now that I think I've got it working, before I start installing all my Apps, etc., what are the...
  10. Store updates on PC, auto or manual?

Store updates on PC, auto or manual?: What do people advise as best practice for the store updates? Do you recommend automatic or manual. I just switched mine onto manual because a couple of native apps got screwed up on some user accounts after some auto updates that got stuck, cancelled by me and then re...