Windows 10: Possible to display details pane on bottom?

Discus and support Possible to display details pane on bottom? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is there anyway i can display my details panel on the bottom ? like it used to on win 7? because windows 10 shows it on right hand side, but it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RohithKumarSp, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Possible to display details pane on bottom?

is there anyway i can display my details panel on the bottom ? like it used to on win 7?

because windows 10 shows it on right hand side, but it's just taking too much of the space on my screen, it's really inconvenient when you open 2 folders and snap to sides and modify files.

Possible to display details pane on bottom? [​IMG]

:)

RohithKumarSp, Aug 10, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

Widows 10 File explorer

Have you tried using the myriad of display options available on the View Tab? You can click again on both the Preview Pane and Details Pane to deselect them.

Erdeslawe, Aug 10, 2015
  3. DenverDan Win User
    Registry Editor Issue

I created a test account and switched over to it. The Details Pane still did not display the Lens information. The exif program still displays the Lens information. Under Properties, the information does not display, but can be changed.

DenverDan, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Possible to display details pane on bottom?

Was just thinking the same thing. Here is how my Win7 workstation looks (about perfect to me! Note Classic Explorer is also running).

...and in Win10. The preview thumbnail image in the details pane cannot be resized (larger).

Dick Jagger, Aug 11, 2015
  5. i wanted to @PM brink but couldn't because i need to have 5 posts, so if you can try PMing him, he's the guy to do these stuff.

RohithKumarSp, Aug 11, 2015
  6. pinklotus Win User
    hello
    i have the same request
    in windows 8 there were 2 application to run and then it was just like 7
    are those two suitable for 10 or not?
    or 10 has its own application?
    thanks

pinklotus, Aug 13, 2015
  7. I prefer the W7 Windows Explorer display layout too (you can view the Details pane and Preview panes at the same time).

MS broke that layout in the W8 series
    I'm not sure that File Explorer can be (easily) modified to behave like that.

It might be necessary to import Windows Explorer (from W7) into W10.

lehnerus2000, Aug 15, 2015
  8. satchmo Win User

Possible to display details pane on bottom?

The same thing bothers me, but I would rather have no info than to have it displayed on the right pane.

satchmo, Aug 15, 2015
  9. vgchat Win User
    Has anyone figured out yet how to move the the image preview on the right side to the bottom yet?

vgchat, Aug 25, 2015
  10. dalchina New Member
    dalchina, Aug 30, 2015
  11. too premature, i atleast want it to be as detailed as Win7

RohithKumarSp, Aug 30, 2015
  12. dalchina New Member
    Hi, here is what you want- using Oldnew explorer as I said..

The previous screenshot was misleading- sorry- I've just found that the details pane was actually disabled in the registry (Brink's script for Win 8 showed me how to correct it) - 'Details pane' in explorer was greyed out- no idea why. so it's working, and that's what I now see. Hope that's useful.

dalchina, Aug 30, 2015
  13. Bullet100 Win User

Sorry I do not want to install some random software for a feature that should be included with the operating system itself. There has to be a way to do this. All I'm finding are mods or software. Suppose we'll just have to wait for an update...

Bullet100, Sep 2, 2015
  14. dalchina New Member
    I've felt similarly with having to use 3rd party apps for shadows and transparency, plus a registry hack to change many background colours to avoid eyestrain after MS took away the dialogues which included that, border width and many more that we had in 7. But MS's approach is to upset its customers in a determined fashion with random GUI changes, for example.

If there were an easy way in Win 8/10 to do this, I suppose Oldnew explorer would never have appeared.

- ok, so suggest
    a. Use the 'Windows Feedback' Modern/Universal app to tell MS what you need. Who knows, they 'might' respond...*really
    b. get together with others who feel similarly and post on MS forums
    c. Use a 3rd party file manager which meets your needs
    d. Don't use Win 10

Regards, David

dalchina, Sep 2, 2015
  15. Hello all
    did anyone found a solution to this problem?
    I tried google but nothing

nissimezra, Jul 19, 2016
Thema:

1. Possible to display details pane on bottom? - Similar Threads - Possible display details

2. Editing Metadata in Details Pane

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing Metadata in Details Pane: Hi,I installed a new Windows update and lost the ability to edit metadata in the Details Pane. It used to look like this: Now it looks like this:As you can see, it's a loss of functionality. I can't edit the metadata from the folder view anymore. It wants me to click the...
  3. Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move detail pane to bottom of File Explorer: Hi community. I decide to have a new post about this issue. Following this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-move-details-pane-to-bottom-of-windows-10/6d885636-288a-4841-87a1-c1c99a2462df, I can tell there are a lot of people wanting the...
  4. How to move "details pane" to bottom of window

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to move "details pane" to bottom of window: Dear Microsoft Could you please post a patch for "Detail Pane" which appears on right side of Windows 10 folders. We want it to be at the bottom of the folder as in windows 7...
  5. Explorer detail pane question.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer detail pane question.: Using Win 10 with all updates. When I open Explorer to This PC the detail pane show the drives in 3 sets. >A - H, >I - P and >Q - Z. If I click on the > it shows the name of the drive, but, of course, not the same the Navigation pane. My question: How to change the detail...
  6. Customizing Details Pane for folders.

Customizing Details Pane for folders.: In order to customize which fields are displayed in the details pane for a given file type you can: 1. Run Regedit. 2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\SystemFileAsso ciations\.mp3 (Or whatever file type you want to edit.) 3. Edit the PreviewDetails string. My...
  7. move details pane to the bottom of window

move details pane to the bottom of window: hi i want to know is there any way to move move details pane to the bottom of a window? in windows 8 there were 2 application to run and then it was just like 7 are those two suitable for 10 or not? or 10 has its own application? thanks 16268
  8. Info pane - On the Bottom?

Info pane - On the Bottom?: Is it possible to move the info pane to the bottom of Explorer windows, similar to Windows 7? Seems easier to read for music files especially, rather than having long word wrapping for artist/album titles and so on. 16400
  9. missing information in the details pane

in Windows 10 Support
    missing information in the details pane: As the title says, all of a sudden i have missing file info in the details pane, i have a lot of digital media and usually when i click on it it shows me every from its name to audio type, date modified etc..all of a sudden it no longer shows me what audio, chapters or...
  10. Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Add more detail to the "Details Pane" in the explorer: Hey, I have a question about the details pane. Can I add a few more parameters to the little preview window on the right? (For music like BPM, Publisher etc) [img] 25119