Windows 10: Possible to edit system files to change Action Center arrow back to x?

Discus and support Possible to edit system files to change Action Center arrow back to x? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10 has action center notifications pop up in the bottom-right of the screen. Previously, these could be closed with the 'x' button in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by EchoReaper, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Possible to edit system files to change Action Center arrow back to x?

Windows 10 has action center notifications pop up in the bottom-right of the screen. Previously, these could be closed with the 'x' button in the top-right of the notification. In the Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update, Microsoft changed this to an arrow, assumingly to symbolize that the notification is being moved to the action center and not truly discarded.

Possible to edit system files to change Action Center arrow back to x? [​IMG]

This has had noticeable usability ramifications though. Every time I go to close the popup, I instinctively pause for 1-2 seconds because the arrow is telling me "Continue, open this" rather than "Close this". Is it possible to edit system files to change the arrow back to an x?

:)

EchoReaper, Nov 5, 2017

2. Windows 10 issue with typing and drop downs

I had the same exact issue after upgrading from Win7 to Win10. Spent many hours online looking for a solution. Tried the ones listed above. No luck.

What's the point of having a new shiny OS when you can't type anything Possible to edit system files to change Action Center arrow back to x? :) My daughter was so mad after the upgrade since she couldn't do her homework anymore on the laptop.

This morning I reverted to . It was so easy to go , just one click and after 5mins you are . That's the only silver lining, the only good thing Microsoft had thought about while coming up with Win10. It's such a relief
    now. I can finally type.. woo hoo...

Adios Win10. See you later or NOT.

Back to Win7, Nov 5, 2017
  3. Outlook Calendar/ Contacts 'synch' with LG Windows 7 phone?

Ok, how. I thought I had everything set to synch (at least my calendar), but to get everything "up in the cloud" I went to Tools->account settings. You're saying I can make my email remain on my WORK domain by default, but change the "data files" to
    windows live (Cloud), thereby enabling my calendar and contacts to synch with the Phone (and with my other computers). I'll try it...but it would all have been much simpler with an Outlook synch option (My company doesn't use Exchange).

One remaining concern I have is what happens when I get a work invite into my calendar. If I accept it will it come from my work address or my personal address? I'm assuming it will come from my work address as that remains the default. However, I'm
    guessing I'll have to test it.

I think the one thing that is disappointing me the most is how much time I've had to spend to get this phone to work. Luckily I'm smart, because the phone isn't. It's been a real trial, and I'm starting to regret leaving my iphone. I still have a couple
    of more weeks....I really do want this to work. But it has to apply to my work and personal life (I'm not fancy enough to carry a work phone and a steppin' out phone).

Trying to Come back to MSFT, Nov 5, 2017
Thema:

Possible to edit system files to change Action Center arrow back to x?

1. Possible to edit system files to change Action Center arrow back to x? - Similar Threads - Possible edit system

2. Messed system icons action center

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed system icons action center: Suddenly my system icons show distorted and messed next to the action center of taskbar . Neither adding some from the settings list "turn system icons on or off" works, they just don't show. Sometimes hovering the pointer on the taskbar where they show distorted clears the...
  3. Is it possible to keep the Action Center Open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is it possible to keep the Action Center Open: Hello, I was wondering if there was a way to keep the Action Center permanently open. I work at a job where a lot of notifications come through my computer. It would be more convenient for me to have the panel permanently open....
  4. Action Center Roll Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Action Center Roll Back: Hi I have recently, grudgingly updated my windows 10 with the critical update. Unfortunately it has changed the brightness tile/button to a slider. The slider is useless to me as I need the 25% brightness incremental changes. How do I change the slider back into the...
  5. Change location of the action center icon on system tray

in Windows 10 Support
    Change location of the action center icon on system tray: Hi, I have the taskbar vertically positioned, and the action center icon gets too much space, alone and not with other system tray icons. [img] I would like to put the action center icon along with the other system tray icons, and not alone. Someone can help ? Windows...
  6. action center

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    action center: The action center icon indicates 'actions recommended' but when I open the security center I have green checks next to all categories with the notation 'no actions needed' but the icon says I have a problem and won't go away....
  7. Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray

Change appearance of the Action Center Icons in System Tray: I find the simple flat Windows 10 icons for the Action Center in the System Tray, for example, [img] or [img] , very difficult to see and differentiate. I know that one can change the appearance of icons for other items in the system tray but I have not been able to...
  8. Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?

Is it possible to change the position of the action center icon?: I would like to change the position of the clock and action center on the system tray (like win 10 does with anniversary update), other system tray icons like power and wifi are changeable but the clock and action center isn't. Is this possible? 58223
  9. Is it possible to adjust the vertical length of Action Center?

Is it possible to adjust the vertical length of Action Center?: Is it possible to adjust the vertical length of Action Center? It's hard to reach the 'Clear all' option in a large screen, I hope it can be adjusted to half of the screen. 17026
  10. Change Height of Action Center??

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Height of Action Center??: Does anyone know if the Action Center can be made shorter? I made a quick mock-up of what I am referring to... [img] I know how to make it stay open, but I would rather just have it smaller... I don't care about the notifications, just the action buttons... thanks in...