Windows 10: Possible to install November update only?

Discus and support Possible to install November update only? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently running version 1507. Suppose, due to stability, compatibility, and/or testing purposes, I wanted to install the November... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by scholar80, Feb 14, 2017.

1. scholar80 Win User

Possible to install November update only?

Hello,

I am currently running version 1507. Suppose, due to stability, compatibility, and/or testing purposes, I wanted to install the November update (1511), but not the Anniversary update (1607). Is that currently possible?

Thanks

:)

scholar80, Feb 14, 2017

2. I installed Windows 10 Pro in my PC in august but still I haven't got the November update.

Original Title: November Update

I installed Windows 10 Pro in my PC in august but still I haven't got the November update. My windows update is set to automatic but then too I still haven't got the update. What could be the possible causes for this? Please HELP.

Thank You.

YashDhamecha, Feb 14, 2017
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    How does auto-enhancement work?

Thank you for this information. It's possible that it did change when the November update was installed on your computer. We suggest that you check for the latest update and test again if the issue still occurs.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Feb 14, 2017
  4. Possible to install November update only?

TairikuOkami, Feb 14, 2017
  5. scholar80 Win User
    That is perfect! Thank you *Smile

scholar80, Feb 14, 2017
  6. cereberus Win User
    Where do you get the notion that 1511 is more stable than 1607?

This is basically not true - each version has some issues but people tend to only remember the last one as this is the one currently discussed in threads. If you go back to posts about 1507 and 1511 installs on many forums, you will see that there were just as many (if not more) posts about them.

It does not really make sense to stick with an older version out of some (erroneously) perceived notion of stability. However, it is probably not worth updating to 1607 as 1704 (probable designation) will be out soon.

cereberus, Feb 14, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    and there will be a handful of claims that 1704 is less stable than 1607 so people won't upgrade to it. You would think that with each new release "becoming less stable" than the one previous to it that before long Windows 10 just wouldn't run on anything eventually.

NavyLCDR, Feb 14, 2017
  8. Possible to install November update only?

On this forum for example, even moderators have problem running software/drivers on the newer versions.
    This is, was and will be problem with every service pack Microsoft releases. Every version is a new Windows.

TairikuOkami, Feb 14, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    On this forum for example, even moderators have problem running software/drivers on the newer versions. Because those 'newer versions' are often the latest Insider? The whole purpose of Insider releases is meant to be to find such problems before it becomes Current Branch. MS obviously think 1607 is stable, having now put it on the Current Branch for Business.

10. scholar80 Win User
    Sorry, just to clarify: By "stability", I meant lack of change, consistency, fewer new features.

I might find that 1607 suites me fine. I just want the flexibility to choose for myself instead of being forced to always update to the latest version. TairikuOkami, thanks again for the link.

scholar80, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Possible to install November update only?

1. Possible to install November update only? - Similar Threads - Possible install November

2. Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Windows November 2020 update not installing: I tried to do the November 2020 yesterday 11/10/20, however after reaching installation 100% it stops. I then repeatedly get a message telling me to "retry" there is also an error code 0x80070005 I have "retried" multiple times. I have also rebooted, but I keep getting...
  3. Is it possible to setup windows update to only INSTALL updated when I tell it to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to setup windows update to only INSTALL updated when I tell it to?: simply disabling automatic update, is it possible? I just want to tell it when to restart and apply the updates submitted by /u/Churrasqueira_sniper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrdc1s/is_it_possible_to_setup_windows_update_to_only/
  4. Failed to install windows 10 november update

Failed to install windows 10 november update: Hello, I've tried literally every solution posted, but I can't get my windows 10 updated to the November release. After trying for more than seven times now, I hope someone can help me in finding a solution for this problem. Below a screenshot of the error I receive. This...
  5. November Update

November Update: Someone at Microsoft isn't thinking very well. I had my logon set up the way I wanted it and the November update blew that up. Let's use our heads guys and don't mess with user settings you ARE NOT asked to mess with. OK?...
  6. Windows 10 November Update will not install error

Windows 10 November Update will not install error: Hi. I've been trying for quite a while now to install the lastest version of windows, but I'm unable to as this pops up:[ATTACH] I have uninstalled anything to do with Realtek Bluetooth. In addition, I no longer have bluetooth capabilities on my PC. Nor does it appear in the...
  7. installation of windows 10 november update 1909

installation of windows 10 november update 1909: I currently have windows 10 1809. Today i saw an option to update to Windows 10 1909 . I want to know if there will be any sort of problem if I directly update my system to Windows 10 1909? I also want to know that do problems in Windows 10 1903 still exist like high CPU...
  8. November update (1511) not arriving (UPDATE: Fails to install)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    November update (1511) not arriving (UPDATE: Fails to install): Hello, This computer specifically is the only one in my house which is not receiving the November update (Threshold 2 or version 1511, whatever you want to call it) When checking for updates in Windows Update, it always says it's up to date. Any reason why this...
  9. Windows 10 November update, fresh install or update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 November update, fresh install or update: I'm currently running the initial version of Windows 10 and i'm planning to do the november upgrade release soon. However, anybody has an idea if your system will be faster when you do a clean install with the november update instead of an upgrade? (similar to the speed...
  10. Trying to install November update

Trying to install November update: Hi Guys Trying to update the November release and I am constantly getting BSOD (bad pool header) Fortunately it rolls back but I have tried 5 times now. I have dowloaded the ISO direct from Microsoft. Thanks in advance 36045