Windows 10: Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?

Discus and support Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have more time on my hands now than what I will when W10 is officially released later this month. So, I wondered if it were possible to install the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GARoss, Jul 8, 2015.

1. GARoss Win User

Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?

I have more time on my hands now than what I will when W10 is officially released later this month. So, I wondered if it were possible to install the latest W10 preview as upgrade to W7-64bit now, then when W10 is released, just do an update with the proper W10 product key number?

Naturally, I'd protect all my W7 data first then install W10. Just curious if this were possible.

:)

GARoss, Jul 8, 2015

2. Build 10049 - Not Detecting New Builds

Hey John,

Regarding Andre's post, so is it technically impossible right now for anyone running older preview builds to upgrade to 10240?

Anyway, W10 gets released today. Is there a possibility of any problems to occur for those running older Insider Preview builds?

Thanks,

Justin

theguywhodreams, Jul 8, 2015
  3. Kerrith1 Win User
    What will hapen with files and programs on my Pc, after i will upgrade to Windows 10?

Hi Jim,

W10 Pro Insider Preview is presently installed in my C drive. When I upgraded from 8.1 to W10 Pro Insider Preview I didn't see any option as to which drive to install it nor any request for my 8.0 Product Key.

How do I install W10 Pro Insider Preview on my new unused SDD without the install dragging some things from my 8.1? In other words, I want no chance of any remnants of prior OS's on my new SSD (no settings, passwords, subscriptions, preferences etc..).

Kerrith1, Jul 8, 2015
  4. Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?

sure just join Windows insiders and download the lastest ISO and c hoose slow ring or fast ring test build 10162 is currently avail for downloading it'ws decent . If you select Fast ring in uopdate sdvanced setings it will update to the new Fast ring biuld .

blutos cousin, Jul 8, 2015
  5. Berton Win User
    To get the free Win10 upgrade on a computer one has to be running/logged into Win7 w/SP1 or Win8.1, not Win10 TP. Upgrading now may not get the all same as what the RTM version has, still lots of time available for changes to be made.

Berton, Jul 8, 2015
  6. GARoss Win User
    Sound like waiting is best! Thanks.

GARoss, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now?

1. Possible to install W10 preview as upgrade now? - Similar Threads - Possible install W10

2. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  3. Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Support
    Possible to upgrade this W10 Home laptop to Pro or Enterprise?: I've been asked this by a friend, but I'm not familiar enough with 10 hardware to give him an answer. He's thinking of purchasing this laptop, but doesn't want 10 Home. It's an Acer Aspire 5 A515-54-749U Laptop 15.6". (The 749U may designate our NZ\AU market) The local...
  4. Possible to upgrade clean install

Possible to upgrade clean install: I have several dell computers with Windows 7 Pro on them and need to upgrade them to 10 before support for 7 falls off in January. Is it possible to do a clean fresh install using my original windows 7 Pro key code or must i do a upgrade which i rather not do? 131433
  5. Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?

Is it possible to still upgrade to W10 for free?: Hi all - I've been reading a few articles of recent vintage that claim if I have a valid Windows 7 x64 Product Key, I can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro x64 for free. Seems that the 1809 MCT doesn't work anymore for this purpose, so I wanted to find the real truth among...
  6. Now is possible to upgrade in windows 10?

Now is possible to upgrade in windows 10?: Hey Guys, I had updated my windows 8 in windows 10 but after some issues my lappi formatted and I came again into windows 8. Now is possible to upgrade in win10 free???...
  7. Is it still possible to upgrade to W10 from W8.1 Pro?

Is it still possible to upgrade to W10 from W8.1 Pro?: My current laptop is having BSOD issues for the past few weeks. I've thought of trying to fix it (or reinstalling the OS), but then why not just upgrade to W10? I currently have the key that I used to install my current W8.1 Pro. If it's still possible, what would be the...
  8. Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade W10 Edition with W7 key, possible?: Hello, I was sure I would be able to use W7 Pro OEM key I have spare to upgrade my W10 Home to Pro (preinstalled OEM OA), but when I try to change product key in Settings> Updates> Activation, the W7 key is refused with 0x004f210 error. Did I misunderstood the process or is...
  9. Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to W10, roll back to W7, then back to W10 - possible?: Hi there, I have a small net-top running Win7, which is primarily used as a WMC DVR/TV system in my living room. As is well known, WMC is not part of W10, and isn't coming back. I'd like to upgrade to W10 on this machine to try out some other options that are out there....
  10. Clean install now possible?

Clean install now possible?: Hi Guys, I upgraded from Windows 8 Pro to Windows 10 Pro using the Media Creation Tool method. Can I now follow Brink's tutorial for a clean install, or did I have to use the Get Windows 10 App for a clean install to work? 10181