Windows 10: Possible to make a Shortcut to Windows Defender in Task Scheduler?

Discus and support Possible to make a Shortcut to Windows Defender in Task Scheduler? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Nearest clue I could find: Windows Shortcuts | Technoforum . . . TASKSCHD.MSC or CONTROL SCHEDTASKS . . . opens Schedule Tasks manager... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mb1280, Dec 6, 2017.

1. mb1280 Win User

Possible to make a Shortcut to Windows Defender in Task Scheduler?

Nearest clue I could find:

Windows Shortcuts | Technoforum . . . TASKSCHD.MSC or CONTROL SCHEDTASKS . . . opens Schedule Tasks manager

C:\Windows\System32\taskschd.msc

C:\Windows\System32\control.exe schedtasks

Is there a way to specify the Path to open? . . . How do you make a Shortcut that opens to . . .

Task Scheduler (Local) / Task Scheduler Library / Microsoft / Windows / Windows Defender

alternatively,

Can you get these four Events in Win Defender show up with the others in the main window, in . . . Task Scheduler (Local) / Task Scheduler Library . . . ?

:)

mb1280, Dec 6, 2017

2. E71 : Is it possible to make a shortcut to the mail for exchange inbox?

On Eseries device you can assign the Mailbox key to this MfE Inbox.

However, most Nseries devices do not have such a key.

m4e_team_k, Dec 6, 2017
  3. gdigenis Win User
    E71 : Is it possible to make a shortcut to the mail for exchange inbox?

you have to make m4e your default email app. open the messaging app, options, settings, email, set default email acct to m4e.

gdigenis, Dec 6, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, does this give you a clue to whatever it is you wish to do?

Possible to make a Shortcut to Windows Defender in Task Scheduler? [​IMG]

dalchina, Dec 7, 2017
  5. mb1280 Win User
    I can click to get there . . . How do I make a Shortcut that goes there, directly? . . . Or, can you get those Events to show up in the main Library window at the top of the tree?

mb1280, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible to make a Shortcut to Windows Defender in Task Scheduler? - Similar Threads - Possible Shortcut Defender

2. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  3. Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Scheduler Is Missing Windows Defender Piece: My Asus VivoBook is having problems. When nothing is running, the device's fan continues to run. I have tried to do some research and have found that my device is missing one of the tasks in task scheduler, the scheduled scan. I have done: SFC /SCANNOW, DISM ScanHealth,...
  4. Can't make tasks in Task Scheduler Windows 10 Home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't make tasks in Task Scheduler Windows 10 Home.: Hey Microsoft Community!Recently, I have bought a new CPU that is a bit of a toasty chip. Due to the nature of the chip, it is unable to be undervolted in the UEFI, and has to be done through software in the OS. I have tried to make it a task that the software enable the...
  5. Can't make tasks in Task Scheduler Windows 10 Home.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't make tasks in Task Scheduler Windows 10 Home.: Hey Microsoft Community!Recently, I have bought a new CPU that is a bit of a toasty chip. Due to the nature of the chip, it is unable to be undervolted in the UEFI, and has to be done through software in the OS. I have tried to make it a task that the software enable the...
  6. Can't make tasks in Task Scheduler Windows 10 Home.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task scheduled in Task Scheduler won't run from shortcut: I have a task set up in Task Scheduler on Win 10 Pro 64-bit and it runs correctly when run from Task Scheduler. I cannot get the task to run from a shortcut. I do not know whether this is relevant, but in the Settings window of Task Scheduler it shows the checkbox next to...
  8. Run shortcut as a scheduled task.

in Windows 10 Support
    Run shortcut as a scheduled task.: Run shortcut as a scheduled task sounds simple but for the life of me I just can't get this one shortcut to work in the scheduler. This shortcut is for the PrivateInternetAccess VPN app (V0.82) to run from a fixed location. I have a shortcut with these details... Target:...
  9. Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Task Scheduler Action Arguments: I've seen 2 ways to add the full scan argument to MpCmdRun.exe. The first is "-Scan -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). The second is "-Scan -ScheduleJob -ScanType 2" (without the quotes). I can't seem to find anything on the -ScheduleJob parameter. Can someone tell me...
  10. Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Scheduling Windows Defender updates with task scheduler not working.: I've followed instructions for setting up Windows Defender updates with task scheduler but it's not working. Windows defender opens up at the scheduled times but just does nothing. Guides I followed: http://www.thewindowsclub.com/update...dates-disabled Manage data usage...