Windows 10: Possible to make shift key stick until letter is pressed?

Discus and support Possible to make shift key stick until letter is pressed? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Basically, I want the shift key to behave like a mobile phone keyboard where you press it and it stays engaged until you press the next key and then it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vram, Jan 7, 2018.

1. vram Win User

Possible to make shift key stick until letter is pressed?

Basically, I want the shift key to behave like a mobile phone keyboard where you press it and it stays engaged until you press the next key and then it disengages.

Possible?

:)

vram, Jan 7, 2018
  2. Klesh Win User

Is it possible to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese/English mode for WUBI IME???

I don't know why this is happening, every new Windows makes IME harder to use...

I found this thread seems to be promising: How to disable Shift key that toggles between Chinese and English input?

BUT, WHY, WHY this option doesn't show for WUBI ime?

Please, leave the IME alone.

Klesh, Jan 7, 2018
  3. Nokia E71- email client

I've not seen a setting for not including the original message, but if you're holding the delete key down to delete the text letter by letter, there's a quicker way - hold the shift key down, and press the down button until you reach the end, that will
    select all the text, then just press delete once.

RichCowell, Jan 7, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

Not just possible, but a built-in feature of Windows. It's called 'Sticky Keys' and can be found in:
    Settings > Ease of Access > Keyboard

Bree, Jan 7, 2018
  5. vram Win User
    That’s a keyboard wide feature isn’t it? I only want it for this one key.

I’ll give it a try and see how it goes. Never used it before.

vram, Jan 7, 2018
  6. Bree New Member
    Once you turn on Sticky Keys in Settings a host of other options appear. Try various combinations until you find one that suits your needs.

Bree, Jan 7, 2018
  7. Perhaps the built-in on-screen keyboard has this function?

lehnerus2000, Jan 8, 2018
  8. spunk Win User

It;s a bit cumbersome, but if you open the OnScreen Keyboard and press the Shift key, highlighting it, and type a letter on the OSK or on your keyboard, it will type the letter in Upper Case and then go back to Lower Case for any remaining letters you type. Of course, you could just press the Caps Lock key on your keyboard, type a letter and then turn Caps Lock Off for the remaining letters, just as well.

spunk, Jan 8, 2018
  9. vram Win User
    Unfortunately there are no good options for this. It’s not that big a deal. Made it all these years without it.

vram, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible to make shift key stick until letter is pressed? - Similar Threads - Possible shift key

2. Shift key are rapidly being pressed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shift key are rapidly being pressed: I woke up and went to work on my PC and then the shift keys were rapidly being pressed and it is a persistent issue that I haven't figured out yet and need help with. Also I have turned off sticky keys and attempted to hold down the shift keys for five seconds and fully...
  3. Shift key are rapidly being pressed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shift key are rapidly being pressed: I woke up and went to work on my PC and then the shift keys were rapidly being pressed and it is a persistent issue that I haven't figured out yet and need help with. Also I have turned off sticky keys and attempted to hold down the shift keys for five seconds and fully...
  4. I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it: I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it but I need to press caps lock to be able to do so "U", Also the Shift + U is being registered and it's not writted , Additional thing it's not only about the letter u if I switch the language to any other language I...
  5. I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it

I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it: I Can't press the letter "u" with shift to capitalize it but I need to press caps lock to be able to do so "U", Also the Shift + U is being registered and it's not writted , Additional thing it's not only about the letter u if I switch the language to any other language I...
  6. shift key making a space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    shift key making a space: So I came to my laptop compaq presario c504us and saw a transparent liquid probably water all over it. I turned it off after wiping the water off with my jacket sleeve i tried getting a paper towel to clean it, but someone said it was completely dry and i believed them......
  7. shift key making a space

shift key making a space: So I came to my laptop compaq presario c504us and saw a transparent liquid probably water all over it. I turned it off after wiping the water off with my jacket sleeve i tried getting a paper towel to clean it, but someone said it was completely dry and i believed them......
  8. A shift key press can't type some letter.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A shift key press can't type some letter.: when i press left shift key some letter it doesn't work example : w, r, u, i, [, ], z, b, n, enter it hard when i play game that have to press w + shift to run or somethingBUT! when i press both of shift key i can type W, R, U, I, {, }and when i press right shift key it can...
  9. Computer thinks shift key is pressed?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer thinks shift key is pressed?: Recently, while using my computer, it acts as though the shift key is pressed down. (Making my computer near impossible to use) The only way to get it to stop is to reset my computer, but it normally comes back within a few minutes/hours. All sites i have looked at have said...
  10. Making drive letter changes stick

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Making drive letter changes stick: I have the following partitions: System partition on C User data partition on D DVD-RW on E External hard drive on F I'd like for the external hard drive to forever stick to F, but it isn't happening. If I disconnect the external HD, then connect my card reader, I'll...