Windows 10: Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?

Discus and support Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; If I click the wifi icon or cellular icon in the tray, my options are listed as wifi, airplane mode, cellular, and mobile hotspot. Is there a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ericnixmd, Jun 17, 2018.

1. ericnixmd Win User

Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray?

If I click the wifi icon or cellular icon in the tray, my options are listed as wifi, airplane mode, cellular, and mobile hotspot.

Is there a way to rearrange these so they are in the order wifi, cellular, mobile hotspot, airplane mode?

Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray? [​IMG]

:)

ericnixmd, Jun 17, 2018
  2. wvlucas Win User

System tray network icon displays false status

Has anyone else experienced this? What the system is experiencing is the system tray network icon with a yellow bang and the bubble text indicates there is no internet access, which in truth is a false reading. There is an internet connection otherwise,
    I would not be able to log into the support forum to log this question. Is there a way to correct the display of the network icon status in the system tray?

I have seen this false reading before and if memory serves, I was able to correct it by going into the device manager, select view hidden devices and removing the network adapter/s from the list and then doing a reboot and allowing the device manager to
    rebuild (correct me if I am wrong).

Is there another solution to this issue? Is there a way to correct this false status display?

Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray? 69d04a2a-9250-4b3a-bb95-cc015fe8bbe0.jpg

wvlucas, Jun 18, 2018
  3. wvlucas Win User

Well, it isn't a permanent issue, but sort of misleading when the network icon in the system tray displays a yellow bang and the tool help indicates there is no internet access, then you just don't have that warm and fuzzy feeling all is well, even though
    it is false status.

No matter, I have corrected the true status. It just happens once in a great while.

I figured out what was happening. It apparently was a ghost network that Windows used when loading from a restart. If I went to device manager to disable and then reenable the network adapter, the false status of the system tray network icon would display
    correct status. I removed the ghost network/s, restarted the system and the false status of the network icon no longer is displayed. All is well.

wvlucas, Jun 18, 2018
  4. wvlucas Win User

Yeah, that is one of the first things I did to remedy the problem. One thing that does work is to go to the device manager, disable the network adapter and re-enable it. After doing that stunt (without a reboot), the system tray network icon displays the
    status correctly, but I was hoping to find a solution that the false status would be fixed. Thanks for you input, just the same.

wvlucas, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible to Reorder Icons in the Network Status from Tray? - Similar Threads - Possible Reorder Icons

2. Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.: One problem with my Windows Security is the system tray, every time I move my cursor or right-click on it, it doesn't do anything, but can still open it. So how to fix it? Is it necessary to reset? Here's the one when it tries to show the description....
  3. Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender tray icon not showing status.: One problem with my Windows Security is the system tray, every time I move my cursor or right-click on it, it doesn't do anything, but can still open it. So how to fix it? Is it necessary to reset? Here's the one when it tries to show the description....
  4. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  5. network icon in the system tray

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network icon in the system tray: This is strange — I was having an issue with my cable service. The cable/wire to the house had to be replaced. Once the physical wire was replaced, the cable modem initializes and my devices connected. My phone connected via wi-fy and my roku connected via ethernet...
  6. Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.: I have had WIN11 since last year. I was able to reorder the system tray icons. I updated to the latest build yesterday and I can no longer change the order of the system tray icons. I was able to put them in the order I want by toggling in order on App Tray settings of how I...
  7. Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.

Unable to reorder system tray icons since Oct WIN11 update.: I have had WIN11 since last year. I was able to reorder the system tray icons. I updated to the latest build yesterday and I can no longer change the order of the system tray icons. I was able to put them in the order I want by toggling in order on App Tray settings of how I...
  8. Network connection icon in tray

Network connection icon in tray: Starting from yesterday, while I'm connected to the internet, the tray icon says I'm not "No internet access" icon.I logged off/on to my account, I turned off/on my laptop, to no avail...Any thoughts?...
  9. Network connection icon in tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network connection icon in tray: Just from yesterday, while I'm connected to the internet, the tray icon says I'm not "No internet access" icon.I logged off/on to my account, I turned off/on my laptop, to no avail...Any thoughts?...
  10. is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?

in Windows 10 Support
    is it possible to hide tray icons somehow?: i wanna hide those two icons. that is not possible via their respective programs. so, is it possible to hack/trick the system via regedit or something to make those two hidden? [img] 130218