Windows 10: Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

Discus and support Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 56Kruiser, Jan 14, 2016.

1. 56Kruiser Win User

Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

Setting up a Win 10 PC for shares, videos, which will be used lightly. I would like to have it sleep, and not have to do a separate operation to wake it with a magic packet before accessing.

Is this possible?

Any suggestions appreciated.

:)

56Kruiser, Jan 14, 2016

2. Sync Outlook 2010 notes to Lumia

Is there a way and how exactly? W/o 3rd party software if possible.

marcitiedemann, Jan 14, 2016
  3. erga---01 Win User
    Can't logon to ovi Share anymore

I have 200. series SW in my E71 and share online works w/o any problems.

Did you use the service frequently before SW upgrade? I assume you can access it w/o problems with PC?

erga---01, Jan 14, 2016
Thema:

Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes?

1. Possible to wake PC w/o Magic Packet...w/o unwanted wakes? - Similar Threads - Possible wake Magic

2. WiFi Driver Update w/o WiFi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi Driver Update w/o WiFi: Hi,I am trying to update my WiFi driver without internet connection as I cannot access the internet and have no option for wifi. I have the MediaTek Wi-Fi 6E MT7922 160MHz Wireless LAN Card and I have been trying to update it. I went to advanced settings and found 3 driver...
  3. Windows will not allow login w/o internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows will not allow login w/o internet: My internet stopped working last night, and it will be a while before AT&T can come out to troubleshoot. Not a big deal, because I don't need it for work...I tried to log in to my PC this morning to work, but Windows 10 says: "You'll need internet for this. It doesn't look...
  4. S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    S-L-O-W System Faltering Fast :O(: Trying to debug my workstation issues at work and really needing some help. Really s-l-o-w working with Autodesk inventor 2020 working with files on our server but some localized issues, too, that I'm thinking may be affecting that. With Inventor files that used to take a...
  5. open w/o windows tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    open w/o windows tiles: HP laptop had the classic w7 icons but switched to tiles. I forgot how to get the classic back. I know its simple but I forgot how I did it. Help! 162382
  6. Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password Reset w/o Bitlocker Key: One of our devices in the office that was used by a former employee, we cant find the password to log on to his PC. We tired to do a factory reset on the PC but it is asking for our Bitlocker key. When going to my Micro Acct we can see the device on our account but, it does...
  7. Wake-On-Lan No Longer Works Except for Magic Packet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake-On-Lan No Longer Works Except for Magic Packet: Hi, I have been using Wake-On-LAN for a number of years, but it recently seems to have begun acting differently. Although I have "only allow a magic packet to wake the computer" unchecked in my Ethernet device's settings, in fact only a magic packet will wake the computer....
  8. Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Issues w/o HomeGroup...: Ever since the beginning of this year when MS removed the HomeGroup function, I've had a terrible time with file sharing on my home network. I am running one central Win10 desktop with two Win10 laptops in a home wifi environment that is stable and fast. All machines are...
  9. Computer wakes on LAN, even if Magic Packet is enabled

Computer wakes on LAN, even if Magic Packet is enabled: Hello! I'm using Asrock Z87 Pro motherboard with onboard Intel I217-V network adapter. For few years I was running Windows 8, and had configured computer to wake only on Magic Packet being received on port 9 - everything worked flawless. Recently I made fresh...
  10. Possible to share a Library w/o homegroup?

Possible to share a Library w/o homegroup?: Finally found a use for a library. Can create it locally, but there's no share context. Can not use homegroup. Is shared/public library even possible? 24918