Windows 10: Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

Discus and support Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi I have a windows 7 OEM on my machine. I am looking to maybe install to windows 10 before the 29th. Firstly I will be making a full backup of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ianmozzy, Jul 16, 2016.

1. ianmozzy Win User

Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10.

Hi
    I have a windows 7 OEM on my machine.
    I am looking to maybe install to windows 10 before the 29th.
    Firstly I will be making a full backup of windows 7.

I understand, if I install, upgrade to windows 10, I can revert back to windows 7 within 30 days.
    After that there is the option to go back to windows 10 at a later time. My interest is gaming and using directx 12 when games eventually require it.
    Is my understanding correct?

If there is a problem with the upgrade to windows 10 like the computer becoming unusable, what are my options for keeping my windows 7 licence.
    In that situation I will put the windows 7 image back on the computer as it works.
    What are my options in that situation?

Thanks

:)

ianmozzy, Jul 16, 2016

2. Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Hi Ken,

Thank you or keeping us posted.

I would like to provide you with the information that there is no free upgrade path from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 pro. So it will be very difficult to say whether it is a good idea or not.

For more information, please refer to the article given below.

Upgrade to windows 10: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/upgrade-to-windows-10-faq

Note: Please refer to the sections
    “What edition of Windows will I get as part of the free upgrade?” and
    “Is the free upgrade offer available if I am running Windows RT or an enterprise edition of Windows?“ from the above given link.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 16, 2016
  3. Is it possible to upgrade from Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro?

Hi Ken,

As per the description, you want to know is it feasible to upgrade from windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Pro on the system.

I certainly understand your concern.

I would suggest you to refer to the articles given below and check if that helps.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Upgrade to windows 10: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/upgrade-to-windows-10-faq

How to: Do a clean install of Windows 10

How to: Perform a Clean Install or Reinstall of Windows 10

Important: make sure you backup all your important data on an external hard drive before you perform a clean installation of Windows.

Also, I would suggest you to follow the suggestions provided by “Andre Da Costa”
    replied on June 6, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link given below and check if that helps.

Upgrade to Windows 10 From Windows 7 Enterprise

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 16, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

If you have an image backup, you can revert to old OS at any time and more reliable than rollback.

cereberus, Jul 16, 2016
  5. ianmozzy Win User
    Yes that is likely true. What is important is if the windows 10 upgrade /revert process fails, will I have a valid windows 7 licence.

ianmozzy, Jul 16, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    Yes. Once you upgrade for free to Windows 10 before July 29th (then it isn't free anymore), then on that same computer you can switch back and forth between Windows 7 and Windows 10 as many times as you like. Your Windows 7 product key stays valid for the Windows 7 install/activation and Windows 10 gets a digital license stored on Microsoft activation server for it's activation. You just can't legally run both Windows 7 and Windows 10 at the same time (dual boot) without purchasing an additional license because you still have only one license for Windows, not two.

NavyLCDR, Jul 16, 2016
  7. ianmozzy Win User
    Thanks
    That is good to know. So will make an image of windows 10 & install when needed.

ianmozzy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible Upgrade from windows 7 to 10. - Similar Threads - Possible Upgrade

2. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  3. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?: So, I think my CMOS battery is messed up although it seems to only be effecting the clock, and I am curious about this thought. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-upgrading-to-11-with-a-possibly-broken-cmos/f3d3895c-ebfa-4506-85f4-e6d69fdd3a00
  4. Will upgrading to 11 with a possibly broken CMOS battery be bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I have windows 2019 LTSC 19H2 License, is it possible to upgrade to windows 2021 LTSC 21H2...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows 2019 LTSC 19H2 License, is it possible to upgrade to windows 2021 LTSC 21H2...: Hi there, So I have two Questions1. We purchased the 2019 LTSC License from our OEM Provider. I want to know is there any way to upgrade to windows 2021 LTSC 21H2 With the same license? or do we have to purchase new license?2. We recently upgraded our Windows 10 Pro to...
  6. I have windows 2019 LTSC 19H2 License, is it possible to upgrade to windows 2021 LTSC 21H2...

I have windows 2019 LTSC 19H2 License, is it possible to upgrade to windows 2021 LTSC 21H2...: Hi there, So I have two Questions1. We purchased the 2019 LTSC License from our OEM Provider. I want to know is there any way to upgrade to windows 2021 LTSC 21H2 With the same license? or do we have to purchase new license?2. We recently upgraded our Windows 10 Pro to...
  7. I have windows 2019 LTSC 19H2 License, is it possible to upgrade to windows 2021 LTSC 21H2...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...: I’m trying to be able to play games on the Fusion 5 FWIN PRO S3 tablet but I’m also trying to research information if I can upgrade the Ram from 8 to whatever the device can support but also upgrade the processor for the tablet so it runs smoother and better so I can game...
  9. Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...

Is it possible to upgrade the Ram and processor for the Fusion 5 FWIN232 PRO S3 tablet so I...: I’m trying to be able to play games on the Fusion 5 FWIN PRO S3 tablet but I’m also trying to research information if I can upgrade the Ram from 8 to whatever the device can support but also upgrade the processor for the tablet so it runs smoother and better so I can game...
  10. windows 7 pro 64bit 8.00 gb ram, upgrade possible to windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 pro 64bit 8.00 gb ram, upgrade possible to windows 11?: windows 7 pro 64bit 8.00 gb ram, upgrade possible to windows 11?two 1tb hard drivesdetails: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-pro-64bit-800-gb-ram-upgrade-possible-to/8c7c0e79-45cc-43da-b690-2cc05c2bc16a