Windows 10: Possible way to get round lockscreen problem

Discus and support Possible way to get round lockscreen problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Just seen this as a workaround for lock screen problem. No idea if it works but going to try it. Disable Win10 AU lock screen : Windows10 Edit:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cereberus, Aug 4, 2016.

1. cereberus Win User

Possible way to get round lockscreen problem

Just seen this as a workaround for lock screen problem. No idea if it works but going to try it.

Disable Win10 AU lock screen : Windows10

Edit: What do you know it works when I followed it!

The bit that got it working was how to do the regedit (copied from a reply by danskeman)

I too have the issue about no link to disable password on wakeup anymore.

Still, with local login and no password, I only have to press enter now - much better.

:)

cereberus, Aug 4, 2016
  2. Jacob F. Win User

Disable zoom on Login Screen?

Thanks, that seems to be the only way.

Using the cut-down version as wallpaper and the original as lockscreen.

With 3440x1440 I had to cut 14px top and bottom, and rounded the 32,66 to 33 for right and left.

Jacob F., Aug 4, 2016
  3. grayburn Win User
    Map loader connectivity

I got this problem where i work too and can't get round it any way as it's very locked down by websense.

Best bet is to do it on a friends PC if possible or download the maps over WLAN.

grayburn, Aug 4, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

This method works on some devices. Cannot guarantee it in all cases.

Important : Credit for this goes to user jakegh on Windows 10

Basically, you just set a scheduled task to set a regedit entry back to zero that keeps getting set to 1 since the AU upgrade.

I have produced a short video showing how to do it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82199408/unlock.wmv

The registry key line to paste in arguments box is as follows:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\SessionData /t REG_DWORD /v AllowLockScreen /d 0 /f

cereberus, Aug 4, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Possible way to get round lockscreen problem - Similar Threads - Possible round lockscreen

2. Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?: Hello there, I really wanted to ask if I could somehow get the Windows 11 rounded corners without actually changing the appearance of any other thing? I really like the Windows 11 corners but I can't upgrade to it because of hardware limitations so I want to try to make my...
  3. Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?: Hello there, I really wanted to ask if I could somehow get the Windows 11 rounded corners without actually changing the appearance of any other thing? I really like the Windows 11 corners but I can't upgrade to it because of hardware limitations so I want to try to make my...
  4. Is there any way to get round corners in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Lockscreen problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lockscreen problem: My lockscreen has an email address that Win/MS doesn't recognize. I logged into my Windows account on another laptop and changed the password, but it doesn't work for the unrecognized email/username that defaults when I boot up the old laptop. The "forgot password?" routine...
  6. Is there any way to get rounded-corners on windows 10 all programs.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any way to get rounded-corners on windows 10 all programs.: Is there am way to get rounded corners all programs and apps in windows 10 submitted by /u/amazinangry [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k8jluq/is_there_any_way_to_get_roundedcorners_on_windows/
  7. Is it possible to get rounded corners on non-maximized windows?

Is it possible to get rounded corners on non-maximized windows?: Title. I personally thought the upcoming MacOS UI changes were pretty good and while I know rounded corners are not for everyone, I'd still like to try it. Are there any third-party programs to get rounded corners on windows for Windows 10? submitted by /u/BananaSloots...
  8. Any way to get rounded corners in the taskbar?

Any way to get rounded corners in the taskbar?: I've already heard about the ways to get rounded windows and start menu but would there be any way to make the top two corners of the taskbar rounded, somewhat like Chrome OS's shelf? submitted by /u/Funny_Pupper [link] [comments]...
  9. (Customization) Is there a way to get a rounded lock screen password bar?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    (Customization) Is there a way to get a rounded lock screen password bar?: Sorry but I don't know what to call it. The lock screen in Windows 10 looks almost outdated and old. I am not a fan of this design and I hope there is a way to get rounded corners on the place where you type your password/pin. It could be a app or registry edit, I have only...
  10. Is there a way to round edges in 3D builder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to round edges in 3D builder?: Is there a way to round edges in 3D builder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-round-edges-in-3d-builder/fb79f4b4-4990-43c4-93b3-09c33ebb0aa3