Windows 10: Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black

Discus and support Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've tried switching themes, changing colours etc. etc. no difference. What's with this latest "upgrade" that would alter only the colour of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ex_Brit, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Ex_Brit Win User

Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black

I've tried switching themes, changing colours etc. etc. no difference.
    What's with this latest "upgrade" that would alter only the colour of the system clock font?

It's happened on both of my Windows 10 installations. I do have the Aerolite theme installed but no settings for dark text, could that be malfunctioning?

:)

Ex_Brit, Aug 3, 2016

2. Windows Clock Not Showing on Taskbar on Windows 10

Problem Solved.

A clean boot wasn't required, as the problem is caused by Microsoft changing the clock's font colour to black in its most recent "Anniversary" edition.

Black font on a black background = invisible clock. Does anyone at Microsoft ever check these things before issuing updates?

To return the clock font to white it is necessary to return to a standard Windows theme instead of the personal theme that your machine will have defaulted to if you personalized colours etc.

To change theme and return font to white, navigate as below:

Settings > Themes > Theme Settings.

or

Control Panel > Appearance and Personalisation > Personalisation.

See this thread on www.tenforums.com

Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black Solved - Windows 10 Forums

knashaar54, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Black Desktop Cloock

I've just installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, and switched my taskbar to have small buttons. However, this has switched the desktop clock at the end of the taskbar to have black font, which makes it unreadable. Can anyone fix this?

AndySlater_, Aug 3, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

You may be on to something with that aero lite suspicion. This screenshot shows the clock font as being black:

http://winaero.com/blog/enable-the-h...in-windows-10/

aardvark, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Ex_Brit Win User
    Thanks, I'll try disabling it from both OS's.

Ex_Brit, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Gramps Win User
    I have the same issue but I do not have the aerolite theme installed. Really a strange one.

Gramps, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Ex_Brit Win User
    It's very strange that that font would have been white before this big update.
    In my case as soon as I selected a Windows theme it was fixed. I deleted the Aerolite theme as I'm unlikely to be using it.
    Try re-selecting a theme and see what happens.

Ex_Brit, Aug 3, 2016
  8. aardvark Win User

If you go back to the same page, and scroll down a bit, it shows winaero tweaker has an option to change the font from black to white (with black being the default):

http://winaero.com/blog/enable-the-h...in-windows-10/

aardvark, Aug 3, 2016
  9. Ex_Brit Win User
    Thanks for pointing that out. I'll see if it works when I get a chance and the time to twiddle with things.

Ex_Brit, Aug 3, 2016
  10. Gramps Win User
    Just selecting a windows theme cured it for me.

Gramps, Aug 3, 2016
  11. After update to AU:
    Clock on taskbar appears missing, but is not really.
    Clock text is black on black background. Click clock position (blank area), clock panel comes up OK.
    Taskbar is set for small icons. Change to large icons, now has white text in clock area.
    (Settings>Personalization>Taskbar>...Turn off "Use Small Taskbar Buttons")
    Small icon clock only has time. Large Icon clock has Time and Date
    Not what I wanted, but will work for now.
    Need to find where color is in Registry for clock

ohdeeremee, Aug 11, 2016
  12. Can also confirm that this resolves the issue.

howardtheduck, Sep 26, 2016
  13. LXTM Win User

Did not resolve it for me. Clock is still black no matter how many themes I go through.

14. guestde Win User
    The problem "invisible clock time because of black colour", which came with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update, is an AeroLite problem which affects only a few people on a few computers.

If you want to use your own theme (wallpaper/desktop background), not a Windows theme, a circumvention (solution) of this problem without turning off "use small icons on taskbar" is shown here step by step:
    windows10forums.com/threads/problem-with-time-in-taskbar-after-fall-update.10668/#post-52907

guestde, Oct 29, 2016
  15. SonicBlue Win User
    Better Yet.....If you like to Change the font color on the Taskbar/Clock then you should check out ClassicShell.net. Check the Show All Settings box then on the Taskbar tab you will see some great options there and for those who like the 10 Start Menu it can be configured to use it or both menus.

SonicBlue, Oct 29, 2016
Thema:

1. Post Anniversary Update: System Clock Font Black - Similar Threads - Post Anniversary Update

2. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  3. Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update

Clock Font changed to Black after recent Update: After last nights windows update, my Taskbar was changed to the color white and the font of the clock was changed to black. I switched the taskbar back to dark grey because it's less distracting but now the font on the clock is black and it's difficult to read the time. When...
  4. System clock font …size increase?

System clock font …size increase?: Hi I am just wondering if its possible to increase the size of the system clock on the bottom right corner of the taskbar. thanks 80340
  5. Updates post Anniversary just keep running

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates post Anniversary just keep running: Since the Anniversary update, Windows has updated 3 times. Each time I have restarted my PC to install, it just runs and runs ie the little whirly circle on the screen and an occasional blip on the hard disk light. The first time I let it run for 3 hours as I saw this being...
  6. Cortana News Post Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana News Post Anniversary Update: Hi guys. Just wondering here if this is a known issue. Does Cortana not show news items anymore when you click on the Ask Me Anything tab? It did pre anniversary update but it does not now. My region/location is all UK. Many thanks 59356
  7. System clock won't update

in Windows 10 Support
    System clock won't update: Hello, let's see if someone can help me out with this; yesterday I noticed my system clock was not updating, and in the Event Viewer I saw this message: "The time provider 'VMICTimeProvider' has indicated that the current hardware and operating environment is not...
  8. Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Issue with Win 10 1607 Anniversary Update: Hello *Smile I just installed Windows 10 AU and now my loved Font is messed up. But only some letters. Anyone knows why and how to get all letters back? That Problem is system-wide. How to fix? Screenshot: Before: [img] After Win10 Update: [img] You can...
  9. Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Text highlight not sticking - Post Anniversary Update Issue: Immediately following the Anniversary Update, I have been experiencing issues with text highlighting. Left click text highlighting rarely 'sticks', or stays highlighted after releasing the left mouse button. Right click text highlighting doesn't highlight text at all....
  10. Help=System clocking at "Post Window Picture" at startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Help=System clocking at "Post Window Picture" at startup: I was in middle of reinstalling my nvidia graphics drivers for my GTX 660 when the cat bumped the power cord behind the PC-obviously may have been a tiny bit loose. I figured no problem. I will just boot system up and have non accelerated graphics until I get the drivers...