Windows 10: Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch

Discus and support Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just carried out a reinstall of Windows10. Explorer shows two OneDrive folders - one on my D drive (the one I want) and one above the "This PC"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Sigurd Win User

Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch

I have just carried out a reinstall of Windows10. Explorer shows two OneDrive folders - one on my D drive (the one I want) and one above the "This PC" line. The one on the D drive shows all the files to be shared with the cloud OneDrive. The cloud OneDrive shows all these files from pre reinstall but appears to be synchronizing with the one above the "This PC" line. How do I get it to synchronise with the one on my D drive (without having to copy all the files again).
    Hope this makes sense - difficult to explain!

:)

Sigurd, Feb 10, 2018

2. To confirm: one can only synch W10 settings with a personal online MS account?

1. So if I normally log in without using an online MS account, but I do log in for Business OneDrive and Office 365, I won't be able to synch settings?

2. Is the "single sign on" a way to both use Office 365, synch settings to MS cloud, and access my local network domain?

Len R

Oakland, CA

leonardraphael, Feb 10, 2018
  3. Kernel-EventTracing error

On my side, the error has been fixed uninstalling and then reinstalling the OneDrive App.

In doing so, however, I ended up in having the icon of a standard folder for OneDrive
    in Windows-Explorer, instead of the OneDrive icon with the clouds.

I then took the further step of definitively uninstalling the OneDrive App and also reinstalling OneDrive in Windows 10.

To do so, I made a search of the file OneDriveSetup in Windows-Explorer under C:

Clicking to open the file

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive

this has reinstalled the OneDrive, also resetting in Windows-Explorer the right icon of OneDrive with its clouds!. The cloud icon of OneDrive is also back in the Systray,it had disappeared uninstalling the OneDrive App.

Noting how OneDrive is embedded in Windows 10 and the OneDrive App seems therefore not strictly required, I have not reinstalled the App. So far everything work fine.

Note: I did the same procedure on two PCs which we have at home and for both of them the failure has disappeared and the right icon is restored.

Monferrato, Feb 10, 2018
Thema:

Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch

1. Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch - Similar Threads - Post reinstall both

2. is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?: is OneDrive storage in the Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-storage-in-the-cloud/1b36ebfd-10ed-444a-82f2-1b4bc44cc7dd
  3. OneDrive Synch altered many desktop files

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Synch altered many desktop files: Hello: Microsot One Drive synched. As usual, it also synched many files I have on my desktop. While it was synching, I noticed many files on my desktop flickering and when that was done, they had green checks next to them. When the synching was done with, I noticed the...
  4. OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?

OneDrive: how to stop OneDrive from synching folders?: I knowI can "choose folders" when I right click in settings but this option only changes what I can see on my computer, not what is synched to the cloud. I have one computer for practicing my code and those files are what I want synched, not photos, downloads, music, etc....
  5. OneDrive and "the cloud".

OneDrive and "the cloud".: If OneDrive and "the cloud" are synonymous, does this mean that when I do a full image backup to an external drive ((Macrium Reflect) the OneDrive folder on my pc will not be backed-up becase it is not on the pc really but "in the Cloud" on a Microsoft server or somewhere?...
  6. Synching jpg files to OneDrive

Synching jpg files to OneDrive: I am having trouble getting my files/folders to synch to OneDrive. They just say "synch pending". Is there a limit as to the size of a folder that can be sychned? Do I need to try to synch just one file at a time? They are jpg files. Thanks...
  7. Onedrive local files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Onedrive local files: All of my Onedrive folders/files are set to "read-only". I went to properties on the Onedrive folder and cleared the checkmark on the read-only box. Applied the change to all floders/files. It appeared to go through all of them, but when I looked at any of the files they...
  8. Using OneDrive as cloud storage only - no local copies

Using OneDrive as cloud storage only - no local copies: I’m either using this all wrong or cant figure it out. Is there no way to get OneDrive to never store a local copy and basically only show cloud stored server side data in my OneDrive folder in file explorer’s nav pane? The only way I get it to work now is to clear up space...
  9. OneDrive will not show up the white cloud in my bar ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive will not show up the white cloud in my bar ???: The danish support on OneDrive has tried to fis this with no luck ! Onedrive will NOT show up in my bar ! The ONLY way to use OneDrive on this machine is to use the web-version and it's a little odd conpared to my other machines. How can I cure this problem ?...
  10. Onedrive for Business synch problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive for Business synch problems: Dear all, I am attempting to set up Onedrive for Business for a non profit organisation. The desired functionality is to have an 'admin' account and 6+ user accounts. Is there any way to create a folder structure as admin (which has to be via the web-based interface)...