Windows 10: Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch

Discus and support Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have just carried out a reinstall of Windows10. Explorer shows two OneDrive folders - one on my D drive (the one I want) and one above the "This PC"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Sigurd, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Sigurd Win User

Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch

I have just carried out a reinstall of Windows10. Explorer shows two OneDrive folders - one on my D drive (the one I want) and one above the "This PC" line. The one on the D drive shows all the files to be shared with the cloud OneDrive. The cloud OneDrive shows all these files from pre reinstall but appears to be synchronizing with the one above the "This PC" line. How do I get it to synchronise with the one on my D drive (without having to copy all the files again).
    Hope this makes sense - difficult to explain!

:)

Sigurd, Feb 10, 2018

2. To confirm: one can only synch W10 settings with a personal online MS account?

1. So if I normally log in without using an online MS account, but I do log in for Business OneDrive and Office 365, I won't be able to synch settings?

2. Is the "single sign on" a way to both use Office 365, synch settings to MS cloud, and access my local network domain?

Len R

Oakland, CA

leonardraphael, Feb 10, 2018
  3. Kernel-EventTracing error

On my side, the error has been fixed uninstalling and then reinstalling the OneDrive App.

In doing so, however, I ended up in having the icon of a standard folder for OneDrive
    in Windows-Explorer, instead of the OneDrive icon with the clouds.

I then took the further step of definitively uninstalling the OneDrive App and also reinstalling OneDrive in Windows 10.

To do so, I made a search of the file OneDriveSetup in Windows-Explorer under C:

Clicking to open the file

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\OneDrive

this has reinstalled the OneDrive, also resetting in Windows-Explorer the right icon of OneDrive with its clouds!. The cloud icon of OneDrive is also back in the Systray,it had disappeared uninstalling the OneDrive App.

Noting how OneDrive is embedded in Windows 10 and the OneDrive App seems therefore not strictly required, I have not reinstalled the App. So far everything work fine.

Note: I did the same procedure on two PCs which we have at home and for both of them the failure has disappeared and the right icon is restored.

Monferrato, Feb 10, 2018
Thema:

Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch

1. Post reinstall both local and cloud Onedrive show files but no synch - Similar Threads - Post reinstall both

2. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  3. onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive is overwriting local file with cloud file: I have a chat app that stores its history in a database, which is located in some folder that managed by onedrive. but a couple of days ago, onedrive have had some issues with syncing, today I reset it via onedrive.exe /reset, then it started syncing files.after reset,...
  4. OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and Microsoft 365, I am trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my hard drive.I have uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the...
  5. OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and Microsoft 365, I am trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my hard drive.I have uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the...
  6. OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud

7. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...
  8. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud: I have Windows 10, Microsoft 365 and any trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my harddrive.I uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the file on my hard drive...
  9. OneDrive not Synch File to Cloud

10. OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud

OneDrive local files corrupt not in cloud: We've got a corrupted C: drive may or may not be related but means we cannot boot into Windows and am trying to xcopy some OneDrive files that haven't been synced for a couple of months now. The xcopy error is "File creation error - The file cannot be accessed by the...