Windows 10: Potential international virus that requires the Microsoft to re-download the program, is...

Discus and support Potential international virus that requires the Microsoft to re-download the program, is... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Lately, my laptop stops operating and I get some message stating that my laptop have been compromised and I need to reload the program because it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Phil MichalThomas, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Potential international virus that requires the Microsoft to re-download the program, is...

Lately, my laptop stops operating and I get some message stating that my laptop have been compromised and I need to reload the program because it doesn't recognize the license anymore. Before I reinstall, just wanted to know if this is real or fake.

:)

Phil MichalThomas, Jul 22, 2018

2. remove a virus

1) Do steps 1, 2 and 5 in this multi-step removal guide:
    https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-potentially-unwanted-program/

2) Do not download anything from the link (pcrisk) which another user previously posted. It's one of those SpyHunter pushing sites. SpyHunter is a commercial program which is absolutely not recommended here in Microsoft Community.

3) Suggestion to read:

Jsssssssss, Jul 22, 2018
  3. Athlonite Win User
    McAffee Seems to be Blocking Attempts to Download Other Anti-Virus Programs!

not always the case I've seen antivirus programs get side stepped as soon as the virus runs which is what the first thing alot of them now try to do so it's still down to PEBKAC and teaching said problems how to be not so stupid

Athlonite, Jul 22, 2018
  4. Potential international virus that requires the Microsoft to re-download the program, is...

Jsssssssss, Jul 22, 2018
Thema:

Potential international virus that requires the Microsoft to re-download the program, is...

1. Potential international virus that requires the Microsoft to re-download the program, is... - Similar Threads - Potential international virus

2. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  3. Help with potential virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with potential virus: Hello i’ve been having problems with my windows laptop about having a issue of “preparing automatic repair” ive noticed that there’s been some files what has been downloaded onto the laptop so im thinking that its a virus? its not letting me do much and im wondering if i can...
  4. Virus or Potentially unwanted software

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virus or Potentially unwanted software: I don't know what happened all the apps that i download on PC is not working, when I click on them they show up this message "Operation did not complete successfully because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" so how can I get my apps back...
  5. Potential Virus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Potential Virus?: Every time I start up my computer 3 tabs of PowerShell pop up on my screen despite me turning off the run upon startup option in my task manager. Another issue I've had is when I open up Google Chrome it pops up for a second, then closes and restarts every time. I have also...
  6. Can drivers be potential virus?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can drivers be potential virus?: I am suspicious of a software which adds a virtual audio device and an application to support. So I copied the driver files from a software and then I clean install windows 10, and add that driver from device manager "add a legacy driver" and things work as desired. The...
  7. Potential Virus on PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential Virus on PC: Hello, I have made an AMD PC and used my storage from my old pc. There has been an application called, Intel Security Assist. I can not uninstall or remove it, and this application has been on my pc for years now. Is this Malware or an application that simply can not be...
  8. Is this a potential virus?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a potential virus?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/iTechsTR [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gx1sy3/is_this_a_potential_virus/
  9. All Microsoft Store games required re-download after update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    All Microsoft Store games required re-download after update: All of my games are gone. What the heck! My progress thankfully backed up. But now I have to download them all again. Why would this happen? I got the update last night!...
  10. Potentially Unwanted Programs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potentially Unwanted Programs: Hi Microsoft, How do I prevent the operating system from pre- and re-installing PUPs on my computer? I neither need or want several programs on my computer that seem to have magically been installed without my permission including but not limited to: Candy Crush XBox...