Windows 10: Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.

Discus and support Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer very often fails to turn itself off when I shut it down or hibernate it. It started after I installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS. First, I shrank... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gregyurkon, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.

My computer very often fails to turn itself off when I shut it down or hibernate it. It started after I installed Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS. First, I shrank and moved the Windows partitions. After setting up the operations in AOMEI 6.5, I clicked "Apply" and "Restart," and after the PreOS thingy started, AOMEI said that it can't do the system partition on W10 versions after 1703, so I aborted the other operations which led to a BSOD (which seems to be how AOMEI finishes its PreOS operations) followed by a series of messages involving repairing either Windows or the computer. ChkDsk, SFC and DISM all reported no errors. I shrank C: with Disk Management, and did the rest with AOMEI. Installing Ubuntu seems to have worked out OK, and the two times that I shut down from Ubuntu, the power did shut off.

:)

gregyurkon, Oct 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 - PC locks up on Sleep/Shutdown

When my computer goes into sleep/hibernation the monitors turn off but the PC fails to shutdown and the system will not restore when I move the mouse or tap the keyboard. Similarly, when I shutdown the computer it fails to power down and I must use the power
    button for a hard shutdown.

Any ideas?

BluePhoenix_Engineering, Oct 29, 2017
  3. Windows 10 won’t shutdown after upade

After a Windows update my windows 10 laptop refuses to shutdown. When i click shutdown in the start menu nothing happens. When i set the power button to shutdown when pressed it **** at the page with the spining dots and nothing happens.

It can how every Hibernate just fine.

(Which is weird as hibernating requires the ability to shutdown.)

Any ideas?

i have tried turning off fast boot.

WilliamGaylord, Oct 29, 2017
  4. Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.

Solved it. I had also just recently unchecked "Run at startup" in Glasswire's settings. This morning, I discovered in Task Manager, that it was still running, so I uninstalled it, and the problem went away. It had nothing to do with AOMEI, Ubuntu, or changing partitions.

gregyurkon, Oct 29, 2017
Thema:

Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate.

1. Power fails to turn off after shutdown or hibernate. - Similar Threads - Power fails turn

2. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  3. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power off and Hibernate issue: Hi all. I'm having the following issue when I turn off my computer 1 If I use the hibernate option, the system immediately shutdown without asking to close any open file. At a later resume, the system shows a blue screen showing an issue with the previous shutdown, and all...
  4. Power off and Hibernate issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Hibernating turns the PC off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hibernating turns the PC off: Whenever I hibernate the computer, it ends up doing a fresh restart when boot the system. Any ideas why this might be happening? submitted by /u/thunderbong [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kizla2/hibernating_turns_the_pc_off/
  6. Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on

Hibernate turns off screen but power stays on: Hello. I have a Lenovo Yoga 730 laptop with Windows 10. Hibernate used to work on my laptop. However, now it only turns off my screen my screen goes black and the power stays on my power button's light remains on. If I touch my touch pad or press any key, then the screen...
  7. Turn off all power on shutdown but keep hibernation option

Turn off all power on shutdown but keep hibernation option: I am getting really frustrated by this, enough to post a question here: Since I updated my system to Windows 10, my USB ports and other auxiliaries stay powered after I shut down the computer. This leads to my audio interface rapidly blinking its blue LED because some...
  8. Turning off Hibernation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off Hibernation: What's the difference between disabling hibernation through the power settings by selecting "never" in the hibernation section or using the command "powercfg.exe /h off" in the command line? submitted by /u/JoaoVieira16 [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows 10 fails to power off after ANY shutdown commands

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 fails to power off after ANY shutdown commands: Hi folks! I have had no luck getting Windows 10 Pro to shut down properly. I’ve tried every reported solution on every thread I’ve found, with no success. Perhaps you could help? Is there a way to get a log file of what goes on during shutdown? Intel i7 3770-k Asus...
  10. shutdown after hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    shutdown after hibernate: hi Is my pc going to hibernate and then when i want to work afterwarts no problem. The problem is when i press the on off button of my desktop nothing happend. I can only sutdown my pc by the startmenu schutdown Why ? 82547