Windows 10: Power failure during update installation

Discus and support Power failure during update installation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Restarting my PC to install update 1703, it got about 60% through the process, when - aaaargh - power failure!. The outage only lasted a few seconds,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by John Francis, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Power failure during update installation

Restarting my PC to install update 1703, it got about 60% through the process, when - aaaargh - power failure!. The outage only lasted a few seconds, but the damage was done. Restart appeared successful, and everything seems to work, but the "update" screen in "settings" shows the message "We can't install some updates because other updates are in progress. . . . (etc)", and the update history shows the message "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1703 failed to install on (every date since power failure)". This has been going on for nearly two weeks now.Can anyone suggest what I should do to complete installation?

:)

John Francis, Aug 21, 2017

2. I want to restore a backup, but it doesn't get past the reboot phase

Hi,

Could you confirm that for all of you affected with the issue getting into Connect to PC mode (holding camera button during powering on) is related with the Samsung update after March Update was installed correctly? Would it be possible to post the exact
    error message you received during the update failure?

Thanks

Best Regards

Martin V.

Martin V. - WP7 Support, Aug 21, 2017
  3. Dreaded Win 10 Inaccessible boot device after power failure during system update

yea I read that ms article already. however, the failure occurred DURING the update. As in, I clicked "shutdown and update" and while it was doing the update (only about 2-5% complete), I had power loss in the house. The update never completed.

The cause of that boot error is because the update never completed and was halted DURING the update. I can't get into windows to uninstall an update, if I could get into windows, I wouldn't be having the boot device failure error...

Is re-installing windows my only option?

Robert.Hrmn, Aug 21, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Power failure during update installation

Tony K, Aug 21, 2017
  5. Yes, definitely worth getting a UPS. unfortunately power outage is not good for desktop machines and worse still during an update. That's one thing a laptop has over a desktop is being immune to outages with their battery backup. I would of thought by now desktop pcs should come with some kind of small battery backup built in.

Even if it only lasts a few minutes it gives a user a fighting chance of reacting to it. I know there is also an upgrade assistant that can be used if the other suggestion to reset windows update fails. Worth a shot.

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Power failure during update installation

1. Power failure during update installation - Similar Threads - Power failure during

2. Power failure during Windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power failure during Windows reinstallation: When i was reinstalling Windows, the electricity went off.When i turned pc on,it shows error-"Windows installation cannot proceed. Click ok to restart the installation."When i click ok, the pc restarts again shows this error again. What should i do now? Can i try...
  3. Power failure during Windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power failure during Windows reinstallation: When i was reinstalling Windows, the electricity went off.When i turned pc on,it shows error-"Windows installation cannot proceed. Click ok to restart the installation."When i click ok, the pc restarts again shows this error again. What should i do now? Can i try...
  4. Power failure during Windows reinstallation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. power failure during windows installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power failure during windows installation: I was doing a reset of my laptop, but during the windows installation process the power was cut off. When tthe power came back on, I got the message that windows instalation cannot be continued and I should press ok to restart the computer. When I do this, the same message...
  6. power failure during windows installation

power failure during windows installation: I was doing a reset of my laptop, but during the windows installation process the power was cut off. When tthe power came back on, I got the message that windows instalation cannot be continued and I should press ok to restart the computer. When I do this, the same message...
  7. power failure during windows installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Driver Power State Failure during restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure during restart: Hello everyone, Since a few weeks I have the issue that my PC has small microlags after starting up the system. The problem shows with the cursor lagging behind and games being unplayable due to this. When I then restart the PC, the restart process is interrupted by a...
  9. Power Failure during Windows Installation

Power Failure during Windows Installation: I was busy reinstalling Windows 10 when we had a power failure. Now I'm getting a Install Windows error. 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows click 'OK' to restart the computer, and...
  10. Power Failure During Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power Failure During Update: This question has nagged me since my update to the Creator build on my Desktop. 1. What happens, if during the download of the update, the power fails? 2. Same for if it occurs while installing the update and the screen warns against turning off the computer? I have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. during installation power failure