Windows 10: Power Icon

Discus and support Power Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My power icon for seeing percentage of charge level disappeared from task bar. I've gone into settings/turn icons on/off. However in settings the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DeeBrown2, Aug 12, 2018.

1. DeeBrown2 Win User

Power Icon

My power icon for seeing percentage of charge level disappeared from task bar. I've gone into settings/turn icons on/off. However in settings the selection mentioned is clicked for on, but will not highlight, is a light gray will not turn either on or off. Please help!!

:)

DeeBrown2, Aug 12, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Power Icon disappeared

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• Have you installed graphics drivers?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also install all the latest drivers (Graphic) from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Aug 12, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 12, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Power Icon

Windows 10 power issue

Hi Adithyaram,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps bellow and check if it helps

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website. Both Display
    driver and Audio drivers.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Display Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

Power Icon

1. Power Icon - Similar Threads - Power Icon

2. I booted my laptop in safe mode and see only language, accessibility and power icons, no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I booted my laptop in safe mode and see only language, accessibility and power icons, no...: I booted my laptop in safe mode and see only language, accessibility and power icons, no internet connection and pin locked out. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-booted-my-laptop-in-safe-mode-and-see-only/5af73737-deab-4ca0-ae05-c47cbb519ba1
  3. I booted my laptop in safe mode and see only language, accessibility and power icons, no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I booted my laptop in safe mode and see only language, accessibility and power icons, no...: I booted my laptop in safe mode and see only language, accessibility and power icons, no internet connection and pin locked out. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-booted-my-laptop-in-safe-mode-and-see-only/5af73737-deab-4ca0-ae05-c47cbb519ba1
  4. Get my normal icons back on taskbar after power outage and restart?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get my normal icons back on taskbar after power outage and restart?: On Windows 10 Pro 22H2 build 19045.3208, up-to-date. My location had a power outage. After a few minutes the power returned, and I restarted my PC. The problem is that almost all my icons on the taskbar are now super tiny. I remember this happened before maybe on an update,...
  5. Get my normal icons back on taskbar after power outage and restart?

Get my normal icons back on taskbar after power outage and restart?: On Windows 10 Pro 22H2 build 19045.3208, up-to-date. My location had a power outage. After a few minutes the power returned, and I restarted my PC. The problem is that almost all my icons on the taskbar are now super tiny. I remember this happened before maybe on an update,...
  6. Get my normal icons back on taskbar after power outage and restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. I have a new power adaptor and new battery in my laptop,but my icon say 0% all the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new power adaptor and new battery in my laptop,but my icon say 0% all the...: My power adaptor died and killed the battery,i replaced both ,now my power icon shows 0%,does the power tap control this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-power-adaptor-and-new-battery-in-my/116c7988-18f7-47b6-a048-3b3405282f8d
  8. I have a new power adaptor and new battery in my laptop,but my icon say 0% all the...

I have a new power adaptor and new battery in my laptop,but my icon say 0% all the...: My power adaptor died and killed the battery,i replaced both ,now my power icon shows 0%,does the power tap control this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-power-adaptor-and-new-battery-in-my/116c7988-18f7-47b6-a048-3b3405282f8d
  9. Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar: The battery icon has disappeared from my Surface 7 Pro taskbar. Running Windows 10 v. 22H2. None of the documentation found online contained a solution. Either the suggestions did not work or else the instructions did not match what I saw on my PC....
  10. Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar

Battery Power Icon missing from taskbar: The battery icon has disappeared from my Surface 7 Pro taskbar. Running Windows 10 v. 22H2. None of the documentation found online contained a solution. Either the suggestions did not work or else the instructions did not match what I saw on my PC....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 no brightness level on battery icon