Windows 10: Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

Discus and support Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. My name is David. I have built my first computer this week but I have encountered a persistent problem. I have not done any overclocking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dnguyen1393, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

Hi everyone.
    My name is David. I have built my first computer this week but I have encountered a persistent problem. I have not done any overclocking because i do not know how. Anyways, My computer would randomly restart during and out of gaming, without warning. the games I am running are Dota 2 and Fallout 4, sometimes with OBS. However, some of the restarts have occurred outside but those were very few. I have consistently gotten the power error during gaming sessions and have not found a way to replicate the reset out of gaming. I have checked event viewer and it said this:

As far as I have researched, This only says that there has been a random restart without any preparation. I have gone through the microsoft website to figure this out.

Things i have done:
    • My temperatures, while gaming, Have never broken 70. I have tested the temps with both closed case and Open case (side panels open).
    • I have done 3 seperate clean installs on my SSD sandisk 120 gb. and Updated all of the drivers.
    • I have tried two different Graphic cards, Asus 4g and a MSI 4g.
    • I have tried two different power supplies Corsair 600 cx and Corsair 850M
    • I have tried two different motherboards Gigabyte 970 and a MSI 99FXA gaming.
    • I have done a memtest86 for my RAM for a couple hours and it has passed 22.
    • I have done stress testing using furmark.
    • Turning off features like HPET, Fast boot, and some miscellaneous things like that.

Special note
    I read that i needed to create a minidump. I have followed the procedures. However, The minidump did not create. I tried all the three methods listed here: BSOD Minidump - Configure to Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums . I have had no success in creating the dumps when i search Windows with *.dmp.

I will be attaching some information that will help shed some light on my situation, as well as the required information.

:)

dnguyen1393, Dec 8, 2015

2. Kernel Power 41 (63) error after updating to win10 from win7

Hi Jacques,

Let's take care of the Kernel Power 41 issue. Please visit
    Windows Kernel event ID 41 error
    for more information and possible fixes for the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Dec 8, 2015
  3. KERNEL-POWER ID :41 WINDOWS 10

I am serious problem in my new LAPTOP ASUS because of sudden shutdown that reports in eventlog KERNEL-POWER ID :41. There is no correction of this error in MICROSOFT WINDOWS and I dont know how to fix this.Please help urgent.

See below the urgency of this POWERFAILURE in a new LAPTOP!!!!!!

Crítico 24/12/2017 00:01:18 Kernel-Power
    41 (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:56:09 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:38:50 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 23:34:18 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 22:14:48 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 21:42:57 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 13:41:00 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 12:04:11 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Crítico 23/12/2017 01:04:20 Kernel-Power 41
    (63)

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

PedroPortugalMassamá, Dec 8, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

Hi dnguyen1393,

There is no dump created, because a sudden shutdown/restart crash is not a bluescreen crash.
    Neither with a system freeze a dump will be created.

I am no genius with a sudden restart, but I do know the basics with troubleshooting *Smile
    Please make sure your PSU is properly connected
    In the PSU are cables, if they are not connected right or even just a little bit loose, it could also cause a restart because the power won't be right. Please make sure the cables in the PSU are properly connected too.

Please boot in the BIOS and search for the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values.
    These values are very important to have right as these voltages are going to the motherboard, if 1 of them is too high or too low the power will be too high or too low.
    Let me know what the 3.3v, 5v and 12v values are please.
    Additional to note, the picture you have posted can't be trusted with these 3 values. Software is often incorrect about them, the BIOS is the most current with these values.

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  5. Thank you so much for replying. MSI has this screen shot thingy on it's bios so i took a picture of it

dnguyen1393, Dec 9, 2015
  6. I have exactly the same problem.Not during game but this can happend on anything, web surfing etc.
    I have did not have this happening on on win 7.
    I have been searching for month how to fix it.
    same problem = no memory dump and thats almost the most frustrating part.
    I gues you have this wierd behavor when it freezes and reboot the web pages that where opened will open like it stayed in memory?

Code: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>3</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-12-10T18:07:01.228505000Z" /> <EventRecordID>3748</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>DESKTOP-FVQQ50K</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> - <EventData> <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data> <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data> <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data> <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data> </EventData> </Event> [/quote] Think i have tried about everything
    memtest =no effect
    untick bluetooth mouse disable to save power = no effect
    disable readyboot = no effect
    Kernel-Power error ID 41 (task 63) causing total PC freeze. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums
    disable hibernation = no effect

list goes on.
    Checked with other PSU = no effect.

only thing that helped so far is disabling Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology , so now only have maybe 2 kernel 41(63 ) a day :8
    Also you have a AMD chip and not intel, so not sure what that option is called on AMD board.
    About the voltage.
    Im no expert. you can sse my voltage on the right.

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software? [​IMG]

You having a SSD boot dive like myself maybe is a clue ?

storm shadow, Dec 9, 2015
  7. axe0 New Member
    It looks fine *Smile
    Please don't forget to check the PSU.

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  8. Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

I honestly don't think it's the PSU, I'll redo the Connections. But I tried two separate PSU's from corsair both 80+ bronze. I first used a 500 cx and then a cx850.

dnguyen1393, Dec 9, 2015
  9. axe0 New Member
    Hi storm shadow,

There are 3 different crashes
    • A freeze crash
    • A sudden shutdown/restart crash
    • A bluescreen crash

A memory dump will only be created when a bluescreen crash occurs.
    A kernel event id 41 only means an unexpected power problem has occured what happens with both a shutdown/restart and bluescreen crashes.

I would suggest to check the connection of the components and make sure everything is connected properly to start with.

axe0, Dec 9, 2015
  10. axe0 New Member
    Then it isn't the PSU indeed, would be helpful if you added that *Smile

Same for you

11. There are 3 different crashes

• A freeze crash
    • A sudden shutdown/restart crash
    • A bluescreen crash

Well it depends on what 1 . freeze means.
    In my case it totally freezes, then after prox 30 seconds the fans stops and then it reboots.No dump and same bugcode as dnguyen1393
    I like dnguyen1393 also tried other PSU etc.

12. axe0 New Member
    A freeze means that you can't do anything on your system.
    You try something but don't see any difference.

Like I said, because you don't get a bluescreen, no dump is created.
    A bluescreen example:
    Attachment 53006

Troubleshooting would be easier if you both describe what you already have done *Smile

13. Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

@axe0 So In my intial post i posted:

HOpe this helps~!

dnguyen1393, Dec 9, 2015
  14. I reinstalled maybe 5-6 times.
    First i get a freeze It would stay Freezed to when ever i pushed reset button.
    then i ticked restart when crash.

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software? [​IMG]

so now it freeze and then reboot after 30 sec, with no dump.
    So its like it really like to create a minidump but cant.

I i have tried about everything
    memtest =no effect
    untick bluetooth mouse disable to save power = no effect
    disable readyboot = no effect
    Kernel-Power error ID 41 (task 63) causing total PC freeze. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums
    disable hibernation = no effect
    tried other psu = no effect
    other GPU = no effect
    cables seems fine.

one dude adjusted timming.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-id-41-task-63-error/bcf64e19-7cc3-4b27-8152-0260690a26a1?page=1

this is my Ram
    PARTNUMBER | DENSITY SPEED LATENCY | VOLTAGE BANDWIDTH UPC
    BLS2K4G4D240FSB | 8GB Kit (2x4GB) DDR4-2400 CL16 (16-16-16) | 1.2V PC4-19200
    My bios setting have 4 settings for timing setting and here is only shown 3 (16-16-16), the first 3 is 16 like it should be.

https://www.tenforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=53010&s=c1e8b753a573dc6e5ffc1ac8c4009171

15. axe0 New Member
    I have read that part, but must have missed the PSU.
    How are the cables?

@storm shadow, don't you understand what I'm saying about the difference of crashes?

Thema:

Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software?

1. Power Kernel 41 Error, During Gaming, Possibly Software? - Similar Threads - Power Kernel Error

2. Kernel-Power 41 Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41 Error: When i first had this pc i had no problems with it i eventually restarted my windows tought that was the cause of this but it happened again any help ?-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[...
  3. Kernel-Power 41 Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-Power 41 Error: When i first had this pc i had no problems with it i eventually restarted my windows tought that was the cause of this but it happened again any help ?-Provider[ Name]Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power[...
  4. Kernel Power Error 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel Power Error 41: Good day.I am in need of some assistance.My system keeps on getting BSOD and for the last while now, out of the blue.Error details:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2024/02/10 10:28:40 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  5. Kernel Power Error 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power Error 41: Good day.I am in need of some assistance.My system keeps on getting BSOD and for the last while now, out of the blue.Error details:Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 2024/02/10 10:28:40 Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords:...
  6. Kernel Power Error 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel Power Error 41: For the last few months my PC has been having problems staying on. It will randomly shut down while I'm using my pc. I would like to know if there is something I can do to fix it before I just buy a new PSU. It all started when I updated to windows 11. After resetting my PC 4...
  7. Kernel Power 41 Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel Power 41 Error: GPU MSI GeForce RTX 3070 CPU/COOLER AMD Ryzen 7 3700x / NZXT Kraken X53 MOBO MSI B550 Gaming Plus MEMORY G.Skill Trident Z 32GB 3600MHz PSU Corsair RM850 STORAGE Samsung: 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD / 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD BACKGROUND: Just about a month ago I build my first PC....
  8. error 41 kernel power

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    error 41 kernel power: connected a sound bar via hdmi to usb converter. connected via usb to pc because the hdmi port wasnt working and i got this error https://imgur.com/a/hHTojZB . the hdmi port on the board doesnt seem to work is there something i need to do to make it work for the sound bar?...
  9. kernel error power 41

in Windows 10 Customization
    kernel error power 41: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkyPAJT0rdLygZdBz-5GqTX-t_GjuQ?e=CLCmCY get this while doing randomd things , i chected the psu single rail 12v psu is fine hdds are fine, bios is fine, please help ironiclly while getting the errors code this errored again , same issue just a crash...
  10. Kernel power error 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel power error 41: Hi! *Smile I have a problem. After upgrading from windows 8.1 to 10, when laptop goes to sleep mode, it won't turn on anymore. If I disable driver signature enforcement it starts normally. What could be wrong? Error file is in attachment. Thank's in advance! 37134