Windows 10: Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots

Discus and support Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So like the shmuck that I am, I accidentally unplugged the wrong power chord and my desktop is as in the middle of installing important update. I say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nathanr411, May 18, 2018.

1. Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots

So like the shmuck that I am, I accidentally unplugged the wrong power chord and my desktop is as in the middle of installing important update. I say important because it was the first time after 6 months my desktop was connected to the web, so that’s a lot of missed updates....
    Well, now when I start up I get to the windows logo and a message on the bottom stating it was repairing. And then it would restart not very long after, and the exact same process I just now explained would happen all over again. This has gone on for almost a hour I let it do it’s thing and nothing.. just a constant loop of restarting then saying it’s repairing... ugh..
    Guys, how do I get into safe mode? When I press F8 on post it’s a key command for my Asus P6X58-E WS motherboard To pick a boot directory.. please, I beg of you.. I just got internet back for the first time in 6 months and this shit happens.... ugh.....

:)

nathanr411, May 18, 2018

2. Dreaded Win 10 Inaccessible boot device after power failure during system update

yea I read that ms article already. however, the failure occurred DURING the update. As in, I clicked "shutdown and update" and while it was doing the update (only about 2-5% complete), I had power loss in the house. The update never completed.

The cause of that boot error is because the update never completed and was halted DURING the update. I can't get into windows to uninstall an update, if I could get into windows, I wouldn't be having the boot device failure error...

Is re-installing windows my only option?

Robert.Hrmn, May 18, 2018
  3. Loss of operating system (10) ability to boot properly

Try repairing you computer from recovery mode.

• Turn off the computer.
    • Turn on the computer, but while it is booting, turn off the power.
    • Turn on the computer and wait.
    • After three failed reboot attempts, Windows goes into recovery mode. From here you can do startup repair, system restore or start your PC in safe mode.

Yasshiel Zhang, May 18, 2018
Thema:

Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots

1. Power Loss during a major update... no longer Boots - Similar Threads - Power Loss during

2. My pc wont boot up after power loss or windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc wont boot up after power loss or windows update: HeyI have a problem with turning on my pc im trying to fix it but i can't:A windows update came today or yesterday and i wanted to install it but before i launched Warzone and it said launching for 15-25second when this happens only thing i can do is to shut down the...
  3. My pc wont boot up after power loss or windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc wont boot up after power loss or windows update: HeyI have a problem with turning on my pc im trying to fix it but i can't:A windows update came today or yesterday and i wanted to install it but before i launched Warzone and it said launching for 15-25second when this happens only thing i can do is to shut down the...
  4. My pc wont boot up after power loss or windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Black screen of death after power loss during update of aurora r9

Black screen of death after power loss during update of aurora r9: HelloA few days ago, I was updating my alienware aurora r9. Whilst I was doing so, my home lost power and when I got it back I attempted to turn it back on with no success in terms of actually booting. The computer turns on, but will not show anything on the monitor yes, I've...
  6. What will happen if there is a power loss during Cumulative update installation.

What will happen if there is a power loss during Cumulative update installation.: Hey, I have Windows 10 17134.1184 installed on my laptop. In the settings app, there is a cumulative update KB4537762 available of approx. 250 Mb. But there is a problem. My laptop's battery is literally dead and the company says that it cannot provide the battery lately. It...
  7. Power Failure During Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Power Failure During Update: This question has nagged me since my update to the Creator build on my Desktop. 1. What happens, if during the download of the update, the power fails? 2. Same for if it occurs while installing the update and the screen warns against turning off the computer? I have...
  8. Major Booting Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Booting Problems: I tried to install W10 on a second hard drive while my main HD was connected. Major problems now. I could not reboot my main HD, and I could not boot my second drive. I wiped my second HD and tried to install W10 again, but no luck. Tried to repair my main HD with a...
  9. Windows powers down during boot, wtf?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows powers down during boot, wtf?: When I power up my PC, the BIOS boots, then I see the blue window in the center of the screen as Windows 10 x64 is allegedly booting, then my machine powers down/off. If I then press the power button again, Windows 10 actually boots as it should. Why the frack is Windows 10...
  10. Loss of Power - No BSOD

in Windows 10 Support
    Loss of Power - No BSOD: A bit frustrated. I get this message in the Event Viewer, but I don't know how to fix it. Windows 10. The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and...