Windows 10: Power option to turn off screen suddenly do not work again

Discus and support Power option to turn off screen suddenly do not work again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have set power options to turn off screen after 20 minutes. It resolved itself suddenly a week ago. Today it is not working again. Any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jaburmester, Sep 12, 2015.

1. Power option to turn off screen suddenly do not work again

I have set power options to turn off screen after 20 minutes.

It resolved itself suddenly a week ago.

Today it is not working again.

Any ideas what could be causing this

I tried command powercfg -requests and get None on all results.

All help appreciated.

Thank you.

:)

jaburmester, Sep 12, 2015

2. 3110c cannot turn on (white flashes)

I click power button --> screen flashes a bright white several times --> and it turns off.

Description:

My Nokia 3110c ran out of battery, so I charged it.

While connected do AC power, I received some SMS, and when I was reading them, my mobile suddenly turned off.

I tried to turn it on again, but it showed a flashing white screen, 2 or 3 times, and then turns off.

Because I can't turn it on, I can't even backup all my sms, agenda, phone numbers usin Nokia Suite!

What do I do?

_blondiegirl_, Sep 12, 2015
  3. mfkybe Win User
    My E51 can't switch on!!

Hi;

Yesterday, my E51 suddenly frozen. Then I switched off it and then switched on using power button.

While starting, Nokia logo appeared on the screen and after that I expect that the PIN screen will come.

But it stayed like a white screen. Light of the lcd is still on but none of the buttons doesnt work.

When I wait like that, then the backlight turns off, and when i hit any of the buttons, it again turns on.

When i try to shut down it using power button, it behaves like normal, Nokia logo appears and it shuts down.

I charged it, extracted the battery and put again, tried to open with no sim etc.

But no way.. When i turn it on then it shows only a white blank screen.

Do u have any advice on that?

Thanks,

Fatih

mfkybe, Sep 12, 2015
Thema:

Power option to turn off screen suddenly do not work again

1. Power option to turn off screen suddenly do not work again - Similar Threads - Power option turn

2. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  3. Power button works to turn on but not turn off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power button works to turn on but not turn off.: I own a Spectre x360 16 and the power button works normally when turning on but if I were to hold the power button to shut down, it acts like I haven’t done anything. There is no indication of error or any tabs open, acts like I haven’t touched the button at all. Went to...
  4. Screen suddenly turning off and it not restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen suddenly turning off and it not restarting: So I was using FL Studio a DAW and suddenly the screen turned black, at first I thought the battery just died but it didn't give any type of warning, the light I have a Victus was still on and it didn'tshow the locking screen.So I attached to the light turned it on but the...
  5. Screen suddenly turning off and it not restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen suddenly turning off and it not restarting: So I was using FL Studio a DAW and suddenly the screen turned black, at first I thought the battery just died but it didn't give any type of warning, the light I have a Victus was still on and it didn'tshow the locking screen.So I attached to the light turned it on but the...
  6. Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power & Sleep setting to turn off screen are not working: I have the Power & Sleep setting configured for 2 hours, but the screen never turns off. I recently restarted the computer. Would that have changed the Power & Sleep settings?TIA for your help.SweetTasha....
  7. Sudden Power Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden Power Off: I was just typing away my project in Words and "locking" appeared on my screen. Instead of locking where I can just simply log back in though, my laptop just shuts itself off. I have been trying to turn it back on but to no avail... Please help. My works are all in there......
  8. No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.: I want to customise my power button of my laptop Dell XPS on Windows 10 Home to make the display turn off. No sleep or hibernate. Up until now the solution was given here by MariusTC:...
  9. Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off: Hi, Despite "turn hard disk after" set to 10 minutes (or less for testing) in Power Options, HDDs won't turn off at all. They used to until yesterday. I have made no changes to the system only updated NVidia driver, but I can't tell if the issue started after update or...
  10. Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options - Turn off the display doesn't always work: I have two 24-inch displays. Its really nice to have them turn off (low power mode) when I have not been active on the computer. Sometimes they don't turn off after the time setting, 3 min, 5 min, whatever. It appears that some system program that is running is causing the...