Windows 10: Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off

Discus and support Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Guys I need help.I cant find a way to change 3 actions in my power plan.I need for option "sleep" -action do nothing,"close lid" -action do nothing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by stashek, Feb 15, 2017.

1. stashek Win User

Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off

Guys I need help.I cant find a way to change 3 actions in my power plan.I need for option "sleep" -action do nothing,"close lid" -action do nothing and for option "power button" -turn off computer. The point is that I cant find proper registry.Is there any bat.file or registry file which can be modify particularly with this settings.Thanks in advance!

:)

stashek, Feb 15, 2017

2. Laptop Lenovo ideapad 500S doesn't wake up on opening the lid.

Laptop Lenovo ideapad 500S doesn't wake up on opening the lid. Though under 'settings' , 'advanced power options' , 'power buttons and lid ' the lid close action under 'battery' and 'plugged in' is set to sleep. Also under 'sleep' option 'allow hybrid
    sleep' is turned to off on 'battery' and while 'plugged in'.

SoniaDhingra, Feb 15, 2017
  3. Lids Not working

Hi everybody,

My laptop lid sensor is not working, When I install Windows 10 my laptop when lid closed my system go to sleep `in closed lid option is do nothing` , I install my laptop drivers and change system unattended sleep timeout and AHCI lid , my laptop stopped
    sleeping action when lid closed !

now when I close lid my screen does not turn off ,in windows 8.1 that turn off and laptop work as well, but in windows 10 I have so many problems by lid and power options!

my laptop is Asus N550jk ,

please help me to solve my problems

thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

mohammaddeljavan, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

@stashek, you shouldn't need to look in the registry, you should be able to find all that in the Control Panel.

Look at Control Panel > Power options and click 'Choose what the power button does' or 'Choose what closing the lid does' from the list near the top at the left.

5. stashek Win User
    I know this option dude,,,the problem is that i need this ,cos Im responsible for about 150 computers,but at this time no access to group policy!So that why Im looking for different solution like a bat or reg

stashek, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Power options and action for a lid,sleep,turn off - Similar Threads - Power options action

2. Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lid Open action is not working to turn on PC: Hi there !I have a problem with some laptops, in some cases and I don't know why laptops are not turning on even though the "Lid Open Action" is set as Turn on displayI have one computer in 21h2 that is able to do it and trust me I completely shut it down and when I open the...
  3. Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Does Lid Close Affect Sleep/Hibernate Power Options?: hey everyone, i have a question about power options and lid close in regards to an issue i faced. my pc power options are set to never sleep on AC/DC, hibernate after 1 hour on AC/DC and do nothing on close lid. last time i closed lid and PC didnt hibernate after the hour....
  4. What is difference in power options between turning off screen and sleep

What is difference in power options between turning off screen and sleep: Hello, While I understand the distinction between battery and plug, I don't, precisely, understand the difference between "Screen" and "Sleep." I would appreciate an explanation. I also have a pin on my laptop and am hoping that one of the -- either "Screen" or "Sleep" will...
  5. turn off laptop sleep when closing lid

turn off laptop sleep when closing lid: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 I want to use with a docking station with 2 monitors. How do I get the laptop to stop going into sleep mode when I close the lid....
  6. No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.

No "Turn off display" option for what the power buttons and lid do.: I want to customise my power button of my laptop Dell XPS on Windows 10 Home to make the display turn off. No sleep or hibernate. Up until now the solution was given here by MariusTC:...
  7. Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Options/Balanced HDD not turning off: Hi, Despite "turn hard disk after" set to 10 minutes (or less for testing) in Power Options, HDDs won't turn off at all. They used to until yesterday. I have made no changes to the system only updated NVidia driver, but I can't tell if the issue started after update or...
  8. Wireless turned off after lid closed or sleep (Not Power Management)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless turned off after lid closed or sleep (Not Power Management): Hello All, In the last two weeks I have been experiencing something very strange with my Windows 10 Pro. When my laptop resumes from sleep the Wireless is turned off in Windows. I don't believe it was an update because I have defer updates enabled. Unfortunately, I just...
  9. Add or Remove Lid close action from Power Options in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Lid close action from Power Options in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Lid close action from Power Options in Windows How to Add or Remove "Lid close action" from Power Options in Windows The Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is closed. Users can specify one...
  10. Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Lid open action from Power Options in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove "Lid open action" from Power Options in Windows 10 In Windows 10 Power Options lets users specify the default action to take when the laptop (system) lid is opened. Users can...