Windows 10: Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble

Discus and support Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is not working. It says: "some settings are managed by your system administrator". I am the only user in the PC and I have administrator rights. UAC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rypz79, May 14, 2017.

1. rypz79 Win User

Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble

Is not working. It says: "some settings are managed by your system administrator".
    I am the only user in the PC and I have administrator rights.
    UAC is on (without notifications).
    I want to be able to Hibernate the computer.
    This is Win10 x64 on dual boot (GRUB) with Ubuntu 17.04 x64.

Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble [​IMG]

TNX

:)

rypz79, May 14, 2017

2. "there are currently no power options available"

Hello,

See if these steps helps:

1. Press Windows + R keys & type: secpol.msc

2. The Local Security Policy window opens (there are likely to be more user fiendly ways to get there)

3. Click: Security Settings – Local Policies – User Rights Assignment, make sure you get to Policy: Shut down the system

a. Use Properties to open a little window which allows you to add your user id or group (there is likely to be a Add User or Group button).

b. Once your user or group has been added, click OK

4. Sign out, Restart.

5. Sign in again: suddenly, the Restart & Shutdown options were available.

Hope this helps, Good luck Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble :)

Kapil Arya MVP, May 14, 2017
  3. "there are currently no power options available"

After the latest creator's update we experienced this and a few other annoying things as well. Note that this is for domain joined computers.

To fix the power button and get shut down, restart and sleep if enabled back, you'll need to edit your domains group policy, as you will see the local policy won't allow it.

Open Group Policy Management - Edit your Default Domain Policy or that in which you have created for a container. Computer Config - Policies - Windows Settings - Security Settings - Local Policies - User Rights Assignment.

Find Shut Down The System, edit it, click Add User or Group, click browse, type in Domain Users or whatever group the users you want permission to do this, check name, Ok, Ok...

On a PC you can then run gpupdate /force just for good measure, then reboot.

This fixed it for all of my domain users. To note, even me, with admin rights, did not have the options to shut down, restart, prior to doing this.

Derek Noll, May 14, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Have you installed any 3rd-part apps to control or display power settings? Or used group policy or regedit to alter power behaviour?

Restriction Notice on Windows Update Pages

5. rypz79 Win User
    rypz79, May 14, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Open an elevated command prompt and enter "powercfg -a" without quotes and post the results (like so):

7. Bree New Member
    "Some settings are managed by your organization" in 'Settings', or "...by your Administrator" in Control Panel is due to a policy setting that has been changed from the default, or to a registry item that has been changed or added to have the same effect. If you have ever made such changes and not kept a record it can be very difficult to find and change back. As a search on this forum shows, this is a continually recurring question...

https://www.tenforums.com/gtsearch.p...&sa.x=0&sa.y=0

8. rypz79 Win User

rypz79, May 14, 2017
  9. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Go to an elevated command prompt and enter "powercfg -h on" without quotes and check again.

10. rypz79 Win User
    Done.
    Still why he keeps saying "some settings are managed by your system administrator" ?

rypz79, May 14, 2017
  11. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Did you reboot after enabling hibernate?

Not sure if that will make any difference but at least you have hibernate available now.

12. Bree New Member
    As explained, there is a registry setting that's restricting this, the trick is finding it. Go into group policy editor and look for any policies relating to power. Any relevant policy has to be set to 'not configured', 'enabled' or 'disabled' both count as 'managed by your administrator'.

If that doesn't work it could be a manually added registry item, finding that could be more difficult.

13. WOT
    WOT Win User

@Bree: Would this count as a manually added registry entry?

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power]
    "HibernateEnabled"=dword:00000000

14. rypz79 Win User
    I did rebooted.
    Cannot find it.
    Anyhow my main aim (aside from Hibernation) is fixing the no-sound problem upon restart from GRUB
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread....5#post13645375
    I thought that Fast Startup is the culprit but apparently it's not.
    *Think

rypz79, May 14, 2017
  15. Bree New Member
    Yes @WOT, but it's not one that counts as 'managed by...'. Those are to be found in some of the many .../Policy/... keys under HKLM or HKCU. The safest way to modify those is the Group Policy editor, which holds templates for the keys used in each policy and can easily be used to undo such changes. Manually editing the registry can have the same effect, but is much more difficult to keep track of.

If you want to experiment with a safe one, I gave an example in the post I linked to in Post #2 of this thread.

Thema:

1. Power Options > Change settings that are currently no availble - Similar Threads - Power Options Change

2. THERE IS CURRENTLY NO POWER OPTION AVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THERE IS CURRENTLY NO POWER OPTION AVAILABLE: there is no power option available instead while trying to select the power option a message appears showing "there is currently no power option available" and that is not showing shutdown or sleep option etc....
  3. there are currently no power options available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    there are currently no power options available: can someone help me to bring back the power options? so this happened after i installed exam software and i couldn't turn off this laptop for awhile, instead i had to force turn off using power key manually everytime and i afraid that is gonna make my laptop broken, so can...
  4. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There are currently no power options available.: Hello, Yesterday I updated my computer to Windows 11. Today I went to restart my computer by using the start menu and clicking the power button, but the message "There are currently no power options available" displayed instead of the usual "Sleep-restart-shut down" menu. How...
  5. There are currently no power options available.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    There are currently no power options available.: I have ran all the system scans given in the suggestions, tried many other solutions given on microsoft and other websites but nothing seems to work. Please help.Thank you...
  6. there are currently no power options available

there are currently no power options available: Im not able to shutdown my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-available/5cdb4460-d297-4c4f-9d54-005bfef17865
  7. There are currently no power options available

There are currently no power options available: The power options of my laptop disappeared and this message comes up: "There are currently no power options available". What to do?? [Movido para Inglês]...
  8. There are currently no power options available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There are currently no power options available: I need help with my Windows 10 laptop, and I don't know what to do, can tell me what to do step by step. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-are-currently-no-power-options-available/60887020-aa16-4d09-97de-f1e2ee1c4050
  9. "There are currently no power options available"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "There are currently no power options available": Good morning, and thank you for reading this. I am running an iBuyPower PC with Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041.508 and "Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0" Windows Update just completed, and now (even after a few restarts) when I go to shutdown the computer...
  10. There are currently no power options available

There are currently no power options available: Hi, I've been having some trouble with my laptop lately. Im running on Windows 10 Home and since a short time I can't turn off my laptop via the power symbol in the menu. It will say: There are currently no power options available translated from Dutch. I've checked every...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change settings that are currently available

2. what does there are currently no power options mean? how can i change it

3. change settings that are currently

4. change setting that are currently unavailable,
  5. some settings are managed by your system administrator hibernate,
  6. change power settings that are not available,
  7. Change settings that are currently unavailable.,
  8. change settings that are not currently available,
  9. there are currently no power option available 2020,
  10. what does it mean when windows says no power options available,
  11. change settings that are currently unavailable ,
  12. powers options managed by administrator ,
  13. power option change settings that are currently unavailable,
  14. change settings currently unavailable advanced power,
  15. why is there an icon that states change settings that are currently unavailable in my power options