Windows 10: Power options missing High Performance option

Discus and support Power options missing High Performance option in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Surface 3. Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1709 Build 16299.192 Cannot find the High Performance option under Power Options. [img] I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by davidhk, Jan 22, 2018.

1. davidhk Win User

Power options missing High Performance option

Surface 3.
    Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, version 1709 Build 16299.192

Cannot find the High Performance option under Power Options.

Power options missing High Performance option [​IMG]

I used registry editing:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power
    Changed CsEnabled key value from 1 to 0.
    Did not work. Result the same. No High Performance option.

:)

davidhk, Jan 22, 2018

2. Cannot change power options to High Performance!

why is this happening? i have windows 10! i want to change plan to high performance but it wont let me! please help me, thanks!

iDoge CSGO, Jan 22, 2018
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Cannot change power options to High Performance!

Thank you for updating us.

We would like to know more information from you to troubleshoot this concern. Kindly provide us back the answers from the questions below:

• What is the build and version of your Windows 10?
    • Have you tried updating Windows 10? If not, we suggest that you to install the latest Windows Updates on your PC and check if your issue still arises. You may check this link on how to
      update Windows 10.
    • Are you using a desktop or laptop computer?

Kindly follow these steps on how to get the Windows version and build number of your PC:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu, then go to Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click About.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you; we will wait for your feedback.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 22, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  5. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    I used the first tutorial link and moved the slider to Best Performance.
    Is that all I need to do ?
    I won't be using the 2nd tutorial link.

davidhk, Jan 22, 2018
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Best performance would essential be the same.

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  7. davidhk Win User
    I changed my mind and decided to try your 2nd tutorial.
    Now I do have High Performance in my Power Options.

Thank you very much.

davidhk, Jan 22, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome David. *Smile

Brink, Jan 22, 2018
  9. davidhk Win User
    Well, the High Performance has disappeared again and tutorial link #2 you provided does not fix it this time.
    ???
    I did the tutorial link #1 and moved the slider to Best performance. However, link #2 Option One does not help this time. High Performance power option is gone.

davidhk, Jan 23, 2018
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Jan 23, 2018
  11. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The command should be: powercfg /list

Well, it looks like this below was reported to work, but it will remove "Sleep" with CsEnabled set to 0.

*Arrow Missing power options Solved - Windows 10 Forums

Leaving the slider at "Best Performance" would be the same as using High Performance though.

Brink, Jan 23, 2018
  12. davidhk Win User
    OK. Thanks.
    I'll settle for Sleep option.

davidhk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Power options missing High Performance option - Similar Threads - Power options missing

2. Can't get high performance power options Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get high performance power options Windows 11: I just reinstalled Windows 11 and can't turn on high performance power option with cmd like usual way, paste the command in cmd but power options doesn't how for me the high performance power option!!!Mine is laptopI want to turn on high performance power option because worry...
  3. No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.: When I open power options in my Dell laptop, there is just one power plan that is Balanced mode.There is no alternative modes like High performance, etcI have tried all those cmd commands to add them but they don't work.Below I have attached the pic of power plans in my...
  4. No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.: When I open power options in my Dell laptop, there is just one power plan that is Balanced mode.There is no alternative modes like High performance, etcI have tried all those cmd commands to add them but they don't work.Below I have attached the pic of power plans in my...
  5. No 'High Performance mode' in power options in windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Ultimate Performance in Power Options

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Ultimate Performance in Power Options: Can I keep Ultimate Performance on forever? 183074
  7. Power options missing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power options missing: I cannot display the power options in the GUI display for the "High Performance" power plan. That is also the only one that appears, NO other defaults such as "Balanced" or "Power Saver": C:\Users\LeLor>powercfg /list Existing Power Schemes * Active...
  8. Missing power options

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing power options: I apparently have Fast Startup enabled after upgrading to Win10. I would like to turn it off so I am not automatically logged on when I power up. (We don't have the IDs password protected on this desktop PC.) There are very simple instructions given in a TenForums tutorial,...
  9. Missing power options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing power options: Oi! I had problems with my power options, in both Windows 8.1 as well as Windows 10 (clean install). I just have the balansed power mode set, but I would like to have performance enabled. Do you guys know of any way of enabling it? Here's a screenshot of my power options:...
  10. Power Options missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Power Options missing: I am having difficulty with Windows 10 shutdown. There is no power options in shutdown from Start Alt- f 10 does not show the options listed in winnows key sh9ortcuts Hovering the mouse at the lower right of the screen does not produce shutdown options The computer is HP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high performance power option missing

2. Power options missing High Performance option