Windows 10: Power problems win10 64

Discus and support Power problems win10 64 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Win10 64 is about as good as Vista in general- terrible for most things, most of the time. The particular problems I'm experiencing at home are: -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by eodeo, Mar 24, 2017.

1. eodeo Win User

Power problems win10 64

Win10 64 is about as good as Vista in general- terrible for most things, most of the time. The particular problems I'm experiencing at home are:

- After waking from sleep, one or 2 of 4 of my HDDs are not shown and I have to reset computer to see them.
    - My two Logitech MX revolution mice lag, skip and ultimately stop working completely. Resetting the computer and removing their receivers beforehand is the only way to fix them. Wired cheapo mouse and MX master both work fine regardless of USB I use. As soon MX revolution is using that USB, they eventually stop working. Usually taking 1-3 hours from beginning of lags/skips to full stop, with lag/skips increasing with time.
    - Whole computer locks up when using a heavy 3ds Max scene and on reset, event viewer says "Kernel-Power", event ID 41. Thinking its PSU problem, I upgraded my Chieftec 400w PSU that worked fine in win7, with a used 500w NAXN 80+, ENERMAX PSU - same problems. Than I got a high end Cooler Master G550M PSU- still the same problems. I Tried changing GPUs as well, from the low-end GT 610, GTX 460 and 1060 latest. All have the same problem, regardless.

Obviously, win10 is up to date as it dismisses my work as less important than it getting the latest shot from MS (maybe delivering my personnel data to them too?) All the drivers for all the hardware is updated and device manager says its all good, or at least reports no yellow or red problems.

I tried changing power plan in win10 and stopping windows from stopping power to USB - all did zilch.

Either way, I going back to win7 next week and will not be returning to 10 for at least 3 years since most of the problems I experience are universal and omnipresent at work and at home. w10 was crap at launch, crappier with anniversary edition (that introduced turning off my hard drives after sleep) and is just as bad today. 10 is such an unfinished product I'm stunned anyone uses it for longer than a day and says its fine.

On the off chance someone has a solution I can try before April/win7 re-install, I will be happy to try. Thank you for reading and may win11 come swiftly.

:)

eodeo, Mar 24, 2017
  2. gassin19 Win User

Netbook with 2 licences eligible for windows 10 upgrade

My netbook was powerful enough to ran win 8.1 64 bit with no problems. I went through the same procedure three times (formatting the usb stick-downloading win10 64 bit using the web tool-attempting to install win 10 home 64bit) but always got the missing
    files error-installation cancelled. I do not understand what is the connection between the missing files error and the power-capability of my netbook.

gassin19, Mar 24, 2017
  3. JR_934 Win User
    Recovery Disk for Windows 10

I've finished upgrading three computers to Win10.

Two are 64-bit and one is 32-bit.

I created a Win10 64-bit "Repair disc" and a Win10 32-bit "Repair disc".

(Per Don's advice [thanks]) I also created a Win-10 64-bit "Recovery drive" (thumb drive) on one of the Win10 64-bit machines (and on the 32-bit machine).

My questions:

1) Is the Win10 64-bit "Repair disc" good for both of the Win10 64-bit computers or do I need to create a repair disc for each one. (in other words create a repair disc on each one)

2) Is the Win10 64-bit "Recovery drive" thumb drive good for both of the Win10 64-bit computers or do I need to create a Recovery drive for each one. (in other words create a Recovery drive on each one)

3) 32-bit programs can be run on 64-bit machines. Does that mean a 32-bit Recovery drive will work on a 64-bit machine?

I think the answer to 1 & 2 is that one W10 64-bit can be used on all W10 64-bit machines. However, I'd hate to have a problem with one and find out I'm wrong!

Thanks

JR_934, Mar 24, 2017
  4. Power problems win10 64

With all of the problems that you have I would do an in place repair install. Do not wait too long for Win 11 as it will never come...

Josey Wales, Mar 24, 2017
  5. Geosammy Win User
    Have you tried doing an sfc /scannow?

Geosammy, Mar 24, 2017
  6. To me it sounds like you have a lot going on internally. I have to wonder if Windows 10 installed correctly. The only time Ive seen issues like this come up is with a botched install. In your case, I would either try a repair install, or download the media creation tool and do a clean install of Windows 10 after backing up any important data.

Otherwise as suggested before, I would try sfc /scannow and then maybe dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth if sfc comes back with errors.

ArazelEternal, Mar 25, 2017
  7. eodeo Win User
    Thank you very much for the replies and suggestions.

I googled sfc/ scannow and it came back clean/no errors. I will try to repair windows 10 following google's instructions.

eodeo, Mar 25, 2017
  8. Geosammy Win User

Power problems win10 64

Check out this Ten Forum Tutorial link below.

Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Geosammy, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Power problems win10 64

1. Power problems win10 64 - Similar Threads - Power problems win10

2. WIN10 Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Customization
    WIN10 Kernel-Power: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>8</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  3. Win10 64 bit Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 64 bit Pro: System says I have V1803. My computer has had no internet for couple of years. Today I hooked up to internet and tried to upgrade to V1909. Several hours later while 94% into upgrade INSTALL, I get a message saying unable to continue, system reboots and uninstalls what had...
  4. 32bit to 64 bit win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32bit to 64 bit win10: I have a big problem , I had before 64 bit Win 10 ( with program file x 86 ) and now I have 32 bit win10 ( without program file x86) What should I do? submitted by /u/ritamagarian123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kjf290/32bit_to_64_bit_win10/
  5. Win10 64 bit

Win10 64 bit: I have an HP laptop that came with win 10 (64 bit) preinstalled. I am not a fan of 10. I installed win 7 64 bit. 7 will not update due to an unsupported device warning. My question is if I format the drive and install 7 (yes I know it is about done) will I keep getting the...
  6. Power mode win10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power mode win10: I have three computers that run win10 1903 but only one shows the power mode option in power settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-mode-win10/9fbe590f-8311-45d6-a246-1c93eedcea85
  7. win10 64..second drive

win10 64..second drive: I just got 2 HP590s with win10-1803. They provide a second sata port and in previous PCs I installed 2 SSD-cloned to second drive-set up EasyBCD and could dual boot with no problem. Now they have UEFI and I can only boot from the second drive if I disconnect the other. I also...
  8. win10 64..second drive

in Windows 10 Support
    win10 64..second drive: I just got 2 HP590s with win10-1803. They provide a second sata port and in previous PCs I installed 2 SSD-cloned to second drive-set up EasyBCD and could dual boot with no problem. Now they have UEFI and I can only boot from the second drive if I disconnect the other. I also...
  9. dosbox for Win10 64 bit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dosbox for Win10 64 bit: I am just starting to use Dosbox and need some info. When I want to change to a path like d:\ or any other drive I cannot get the \ to show up. It comes back with the ] character, have yet to get the \ one to show? All the rest of the characters show. Why will it not show?...
  10. Freezing Glitch Win10 64

in Windows 10 Support
    Freezing Glitch Win10 64: Hello Win10 Forums, I am getting this problem where my screen is freezing every 1.5 seconds, for a second. And there are white zig-zag glitchy lines on the top of my screen. Can anyone please help me? 48155