Windows 10: Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off

Discus and support Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off. Can a Windows 10 power setting turn speedstep off in bios? Ver 1803, Dell laptop, >my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ken1943, Jun 23, 2018.

1. ken1943 Win User

Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off

Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off. Can a Windows 10 power setting turn speedstep off in bios?

Ver 1803, Dell laptop, >my usage does not stress the laptop<.
    Task Manager & CPU-z both show 2.5 g for speed
    HWINFO shows temp as around 45c

:)

ken1943, Jun 23, 2018

2. UEFI and BIOS problem

After going though the steps of to access my Uefi/ Bios menu (go to advanced options, click recovery, restart, advanced options yadadada) my bios menu changed. I cannot for the life of me figure out how i can access my onboard chipset. I just want to
    enable my onboard graphics card. Any help would be appreciated.

MikeParkerson, Jun 24, 2018
  3. Get Windows 10 APP, UEFI Check?

The check report of the Get Windows10 app does not provide a positive feedback if the BIOS satisfies the W10 requirement for UEFI. The check report comes of a Windows 7 Ultimate + SP1 + all important updates. The base system is a Dell Inspiron 1520 with
    the latest BIOS listed by Dell. However, I do not think the BIOS implements UEFI even when the check report does not list an issue! So how can any Window 7 user believe the report provided by this Get Windows 10 App? It is my believe that this App installed
    by MS, unauthorized by the user, should at least work and provide reliable information to any casual user.

RobertZinggeler, Jun 24, 2018
  4. Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off

bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Jun 24, 2018
Thema:

Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off

1. Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off - Similar Threads - Checked UEFI bios

2. How to turn off integrity checks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to turn off integrity checks: I have a need to turn off integrity checks so I an install software from Siemens but when I type in "Bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks ON" in the command prompt I get the message "The value is protected by Secure Boot policy and cannot be modified or delete". I am logged...
  3. UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?

in Windows 10 News
    UEFI vs BIOS: What is the difference between BIOS and UEFI?: [ATTACH]Is UEFI better or should you use BIOS? Anyone who is interested in understanding how their personal computers work will find this guide to be helpful. We explain the difference between BIOS (Basic Input-Output System) & UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) in...
  4. Spell check won't turn off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spell check won't turn off: When I use certain programs (such as Evernote and WhatsApp Web) that don't have their own spell check feature but instead use Windows' spell check, any (perceived to be) misspelled words are highlighted with the well known red squiggly line. It's annoying as very often the...
  5. Spell check won't turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell check won't turn off: When I use certain programs such as Evernote and WhatsApp Web that don't have their own spell check feature but instead use Windows' spell check, any perceived to be misspelled words are highlighted with the well known red squiggly line. It's annoying as very often the things...
  6. UEFI/BIOS Virus?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    UEFI/BIOS Virus?: I have recently bought a new PC. Initially the W10 version was 1909 but very soon after purchase it was upgraded to 2004. One of the first things I did was to create a recovery USB memory stick. This was prior to me knowing how to access the PC's BIOS/UEFI although I had...
  7. How to turn VT on without going into BIOS/UEFI?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to turn VT on without going into BIOS/UEFI?: Due to a hardware error (maybe, IDK, but probably a hardware error), I cannot go into BIOS. My laptop will go into a black screen with streaks of white if I restart my device and some unlucky normal boot times. Windows updates are still possible, it's only the display that is...
  8. Power setting turn off Intel speedstep

in Windows 10 Support
    Power setting turn off Intel speedstep: Checked my UEFI bios and noted that speedstep is turned off. Can a Windows 10 power setting turn speedstep off in bios? Ver 1803, Dell laptop, >my usage does not stress the laptop<. Task Manager & CPU-z both show 2.5 g for speed HWINFO shows temp as around 45c 112800
  9. Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10: How to: Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 How to Check BIOS or UEFI Firmware Version in Windows 10 Your PC's motherboard will either have a BIOS or UEFI firmware chip. BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is the firmware interface between a PC's hardware...
  10. Check if Windows 10 is using UEFI or Legacy BIOS

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Check if Windows 10 is using UEFI or Legacy BIOS: How to: Check if Windows 10 is using UEFI or Legacy BIOS How to Check if Windows 10 is using UEFI or Legacy BIOS You might be wondering if Windows 10 is using UEFI or the legacy BIOS. For more information, see: Boot and UEFI | Microsoft Docs UEFI Firmware UEFI in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speed step dell uefi

2. intel speedstep in UEFI BIOS

3. win 1803 speedstep