Windows 10: Power Setting

Discus and support Power Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kempo2001, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Kempo2001 Win User

Power Setting

Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan. Why would they remove this?

:)

Kempo2001, Aug 1, 2015

2. Power Settings

Just checked, my windows updates are up to date. Speaking of windows updates. Isn't there a setting somewhere in windows updates that allow windows updates to search for updates other than only windows? For instance drivers for your processor and so on?

WhiteTiger2412, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Power Settings

Hi,

Regarding your concern in power settings, we recommend you to click this
    link
    and refer to the post of Srimadhwa B. Follow the steps given.

We also recommend you check this
    thread
    regarding hibernation and sleep mode issue in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 1, 2015
  4. cyberSAR Win User

Power Setting

Plans can be changed in Control panel > Power Options

cyberSAR, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Power Setting

1. Power Setting - Similar Threads - Power Setting

2. Sleep and power settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep and power settings: after last windows up date I have no control over any other settings except for 1 hour for the monitor and 2 hours for the CPU and yes I did save the settings. Please help & thank you ....
  3. Change Advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 does not contain USB settings

Change Advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 does not contain USB settings: My laptop does not recognize when I USB connect the tablet and I am trying all the fixes recommended. One of them is to change the USB suspend power plan settings but my Change Advanced Power Settings in Windows 10 does not contain USB settings at all. How can I access them?...
  4. windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored

windows 10 power and sleep settings ignored: this problem of win 10 ignoring sleep setting is BS , its over a yr old and still happening ! it seems to me that the support team at Microsoft is at sleep !...
  5. settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...

in Windows 10 Customization
    settings, turn system icon on off, power button is not functional it is turned off...: Hi, In Windows 10, settings, turn system icon on off, the power button is not functional it is turned off permanently, please help, cannot put battery icon on my taskbar...
  6. Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting

Windows 10 Shuts down randomly even after changing my power setting: So after a recent update to Windows 10 (I assume), my laptop I run game servers on has started randomly shutting down despite me changing the power settings to never shut down for all the power options and the 'Plugged in/Not plugged in) Section of the power options. It takes...
  7. May Update issues with Power settings

May Update issues with Power settings: It appears with the newest update the best personal OS, Windows 10, just got even less dependable and predictable. We got used to it silently rebooting to install updates and then starting the apps that were open before (well, a slice of them, like browsers) to pretend like...
  8. I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%

I have my laptop set to shut down at 5% battery power but let's it get down to 1%: I set it in the power settings for it to shut down on low battery at 5% but it isn't working and it shuts down at 1%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-my-laptop-set-to-shut-down-at-5-battery/7eff12ed-d2e8-4a57-8c0e-255f74bf02d6
  9. "Change settings that are currently unavailable" is not shown in "Advanced power settings" menu

"Change settings that are currently unavailable" is not shown in "Advanced power settings" menu: I just reinstalled Windows on my laptop. However, when I wanted to change some power settings in the control panel, a lot of the options were not visible and the "Change settings that are currently unavailable" was no longer there. I managed to change the setting that I...
  10. CPU utilization is able to go above the maximum I set in power plan.

CPU utilization is able to go above the maximum I set in power plan.: Hello everyone, My PC has a problem where, if the processor state gets too high, the computer will overheat and the screen will freeze. If this happens I have to force restart the computer by holding down the power button. For a long time I was able to solve this by setting...