Windows 10: Power Setting

Discus and support Power Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kempo2001, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Kempo2001 Win User

Power Setting

Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan. Why would they remove this?

:)

Kempo2001, Aug 1, 2015

2. Power Settings

Just checked, my windows updates are up to date. Speaking of windows updates. Isn't there a setting somewhere in windows updates that allow windows updates to search for updates other than only windows? For instance drivers for your processor and so on?

WhiteTiger2412, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Power Settings

Hi,

Regarding your concern in power settings, we recommend you to click this
    link
    and refer to the post of Srimadhwa B. Follow the steps given.

We also recommend you check this
    thread
    regarding hibernation and sleep mode issue in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 1, 2015
  4. cyberSAR Win User

Power Setting

Plans can be changed in Control panel > Power Options

cyberSAR, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Power Setting

1. Power Setting - Similar Threads - Power Setting

2. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  3. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans: This is a desktop PC running Windows 10 with the latest updates. In settings/ system/ power and sleep I do not get the option for Sleep in any of the Power Plans. I recently had my mother board replaced, after which I am facing this issue. Someone told me to check the...
  4. Windows 10 Power and Sleep settings missing Sleep option for all power plans

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  6. My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load

My PC wont shutdown, taskbar wont show, power button wont work, settings wont load: Yo my pc wont shut down I tried through windows and even the button on the case but it wont work Settings doesnt load And i had a black screen Now home button doesnt work, task bar wont show up, and wallpaper is just black I have 2 lights on my case next to the power button...
  7. no power mode option in power setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  8. no power mode option in power setting

no power mode option in power setting: I recently upgraded my Windows 10 to 11. Then, I went to the power settings in Windows 11. At first, I saw an option to change to the High Performance power plan. I switched it to Balanced, but then when I went back to the power settings, the power mode option was completely...
  9. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...
  10. Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored

Windows 11 power settings CPU usage ignored: HelloAfter upgrading my notebook to win 11 I noticed windows keep high frequency even on idle state.I changed CPU usagefrom min 80 to min 20 on power settingsadvanced options.However windows is ignoring those options.Seems it had only 2 states -charger plugged >>>performance...