Windows 10: Power Setting

Discus and support Power Setting in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kempo2001, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Kempo2001 Win User

Power Setting

Has Microsoft removed the option of changing power plan. In previous windows, you could change from say Balanced to High performance by clicking the battery button. Now, I can go into the settings but I'm not sure if its actually changing the plan. Why would they remove this?

:)

Kempo2001, Aug 1, 2015

2. Power Settings

Just checked, my windows updates are up to date. Speaking of windows updates. Isn't there a setting somewhere in windows updates that allow windows updates to search for updates other than only windows? For instance drivers for your processor and so on?

WhiteTiger2412, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Power Settings

Hi,

Regarding your concern in power settings, we recommend you to click this
    link
    and refer to the post of Srimadhwa B. Follow the steps given.

We also recommend you check this
    thread
    regarding hibernation and sleep mode issue in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 1, 2015
  4. cyberSAR Win User

Power Setting

Plans can be changed in Control panel > Power Options

cyberSAR, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

Power Setting

1. Power Setting - Similar Threads - Power Setting

2. Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced"

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Change Power Plan settings, forced to "Balanced": So I recently just realized that my Power Plan was on Balanced all along, and when I tried to set it to any other option it would just force itself back to Balanced, I have no idea why this is happening (as shown in the attached GIF) [img] 131257
  3. Windows 10 Graphics settings High performance or power saving - Functions of it are not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Graphics settings High performance or power saving - Functions of it are not...: Windows 10 makes when you select high performance or power saving are not listed anywhere. What concrete does this functions are doing with the apps that I can choose ?And which programs are suitable for an high performance ?...
  4. Is there a way to have default power settings when plugged in and unplugged? (automatically...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to have default power settings when plugged in and unplugged? (automatically...: I'd like the power saving settings to start and the screen to dim when unplugged. I have a dell xps 9570 with windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-have-default-power-settings-when/1cc1a762-8739-44e2-9e85-7735de8f77b1
  5. POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    POWER SETTINGS - IF WATCHING A VIDEO WILL POWER SHUT OFF ?: Hi, In the Power Settings, If I set the power to turn off in 1 hour, will it shut off even if I'm streaming a movie at the time? RAP Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64 bit). I upgraded my Win 8 machine to Win 10. Machine: Lenovo (i5) G500s Touch notebook (laptop)....
  6. Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored

Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings Being Ignored: I have my screen and power settings set to Never for both battery and power to keep from timing out. However, Windows 10 completely ignores me and powers down / goes to sleep regardless. How can this be corrected so that the settings are actually taken? Please advise?...
  7. HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings

HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings: HP Pavillion Laptop Windows 10 Power and Sleep Settings: Sleep/Never but computer shuts down and I have to constantly sign back in. Where is there a "shut down" command imbedded that I can't see? How can I fix this? I want the computer to shut down only if I manually do...
  8. what does "sleep" mean in power settings?

what does "sleep" mean in power settings?: I don't know what "sleep" means in the power settings, and how to get out of sleep when I need to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-sleep-mean-in-power-settings/057c7e4d-c9b5-4138-8261-7ad8492c067d
  9. Power & Sleep Setting

Power & Sleep Setting: The Power and Sleep settings for both Screen and Sleep do not respond to the settings saved. After a minute or two the screen reverts back to my Lock Screen and I have to sign in again to continue working. This happens with either browsing or accessing a document and...
  10. Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?

Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings?: Do I have to save power and sleep changes in settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-have-to-save-power-and-sleep-changes-in/c243ed83-f6ee-4418-b498-780d4e708d3c