Windows 10: Power supply running power when I shut down?

Discus and support Power supply running power when I shut down? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Corsair CX750M PSU.. These units remain on even after shutting down my system so, should I flip the switch off when I'm not using it or, is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mandroid, May 19, 2018.

1. Mandroid Win User

Power supply running power when I shut down?

I have a Corsair CX750M PSU.. These units remain on even after shutting down my system so, should I flip the switch off when I'm not using it or, is it safe to leave that switch on? Thanks!

:)

Mandroid, May 19, 2018
  2. Panpaper Win User

How do I stop a windows update, if there is a power outage and I'm on an uninterruptible power supply?

I've read too much about people having problems with their PCs after it shut down unexpectedly during a power outage. So I decided to buy an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS).

From the product reviews of the UPS model I bought, most people were saying that they had enough time to save their work and shut down. However, I imagine that if a power outage were to happen during a windows update, is there any way to stop the windows
    update so I can shut down the computer?

The UPS I bought is a CyberPower Ecologic Series EC750G, with 450 W. My desktop PC's power supply unit is also rated at 450 W.

Panpaper, May 20, 2018
  3. Power supply getting OFF while putting the PC on Sleep mode.

Original Title : My PC's power supply turns off then back on when I put it to sleep

Hi. For some reason when I put my PC to sleep it's power supply turns off then turns back on. So afterwards I have to press the power button and wait for it to start up like it would if I were to shut it down. Everything starts up normally. This problem
    started today. The power supply I'm using is the Evga 430w 80+ certified PSU.

MichaelMI456, May 20, 2018
Thema:

Power supply running power when I shut down?

1. Power supply running power when I shut down? - Similar Threads - Power supply running

2. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  3. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply not On when I press Power Button: I've been facing an issue with my Dell OptiPlex CPU for the past few days, and I'm in need of some expert guidance to find a permanent solution.The problem I'm encountering is that my Dell OptiPlex CPU is not turning on. When I press the power button, the light on the button...
  4. Power supply not On when I press Power Button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Power supply

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  6. Power supply

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power supply: Hello. I recently purchased a Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio. This is an upgrade from my Microsoft Surface Pro 4. In addition to the power supply that came with the Laptop Studio, am I able to use the power cord that came with Microsoft Surface Pro 4, or perhaps the...
  7. Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage

in Windows 10 News
    Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage: [ATTACH]When it comes to PC building, one of the most important components is the […] This article Power Supply Calculator to calculate the Power Supply Wattage first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shut down laptop to battery power and power up when reconnected?: Hello, I wanted to ask if there is a way to shut down my Windows 10 laptop immediately when it is disconnected from the power supply and automatically restart it when it is loaded. I only closed it in the closet (connected via WLAN) and wanted to control it with a WLAN...
  9. Shut down/Power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Shut down/Power off: I have an HP laptop with windows 10 home. When I choose start/shut down, it closes everything and screen goes blank, but won't power down (off). It used to work. I have to manually turn it off....
  10. power on/shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power on/shut down: I recently reset my laptop back to the original settings. Ever since when I want to shut down now my laptop I only see Sleep, Update and Shut down and Update and Restart. I don't see the simple Shut down option. I don't want to continually update. How can I get this fixed?...