Windows 10: Power-Troubleshooter not triggered on wake from sleep

Discus and support Power-Troubleshooter not triggered on wake from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I have been researching on how to launch a simple command prompt command and then pipe the results to a text file whenever my laptop is woken from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nabbyG, Jan 15, 2017.

1. nabbyG Win User

Power-Troubleshooter not triggered on wake from sleep

Hi, I have been researching on how to launch a simple command prompt command and then pipe the results to a text file whenever my laptop is woken from sleep.

I am using Task Scheduler and triggering the action based on
    Log: System
    Source: Power-Troubleshooter
    Event ID: 1

However, the action isn't being triggered and when I checked Event Viewer, I realised that Power-Troubleshooter with an Event ID of 1 doesn't seem to be triggered on every 'wake from sleep' event. Is this supposed to be the case ?

Any alternatives to trigger the action will be greatly appreciatred.

:)

nabbyG, Jan 15, 2017

2. ShutDown button in desktop (Win-10)

Sechedule Wake up doesn't work with sleep using the command line.

But Its work when sleep trigger by original power menu

Nizar Achmad, Jan 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Lock on Sleep

"Sign-in options" => "Require sign-in" => "When PC Wakes up from sleep"

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings => Ensure all relevant options say sleep.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings =>"Change advanced power settings" => "Power Buttons and Lid" => Ensure all relevant options say sleep.

I think the problem here is that Microsoft is answering how to ensure password is required when the computer is in sleep, however they fail to mention that there are actions that intuitively would trigger sleep, such as closing the lid of a laptop, that
    don't necessarily trigger sleep without setting Windows to do so.

Drewry Pope, Jan 15, 2017
  4. Eksy61 Win User

I did this type of thing on Windows 7 years ago. And like you, I found that the Power-Troubleshooter event wasn't always getting generated.

IIRC, I had to trigger on a Kernel-Power event too. I just checked my Event Viewer, and it looks like Event ID 107 of Kernel-Power in the System log is generated whenever the system resumes from sleep. Try triggering on that event as well.

I haven't tried writing a script like this on Windows 10 yet though. Please let me know if it works. I may need to do it myself real soon.

Eksy61, Jan 16, 2017
  5. nabbyG Win User
    Currently, I am using Kernel-General with an event ID of 1 to trigger the action. It seems to be working 100% *Smile

nabbyG, Jan 17, 2017
  6. Eksy61 Win User
    You trigger on system time synchronization with the hardware clock? In my Event Viewer, I see other events of that type that have nothing to do with wakeup:
    The system time has changed to ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎17T14:23:02.021000000Z from ‎2017‎-‎01‎-‎17T14:23:02.021956600Z.

Change Reason: An application or system component changed the time.
    I wouldn't want to trigger on that.

Eksy61, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Power-Troubleshooter not triggered on wake from sleep - Similar Threads - Power Troubleshooter triggered

2. Waking from sleep?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking from sleep?: I understand how to stop windows waking from sleep but there are so many steps. By this I mean, the IMO, the sleep function in windows, by default is not fit for purpose. You have to make sure WOL is disabled, sleep timers, usb devices disabled allowing to wake are disabled....
  3. "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Button" wakes PC from sleep...or does it?: I have this recurring problem: About 4 weeks ago my desktop PC would wake up immediately after i set it to sleep. powercfg -lastwake query in cmd prompt returned: Type: Fixed feature, Power Button I googled this problem and also searched here on the forums and some people...
  4. Waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep: Since the last update my mouse won't wake my pc from sleep - i have to press the reset button. I've checked power options etc Help, please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-from-sleep/16c5f540-8199-48ba-a97b-971670323493
  5. Wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wake from sleep: I’ve set my windows pc many times to only wake from sleep when a key from my keyboard has been pressed, not on mouse movement. It works for a couple of times and then it reverts to how it was before!! I’m getting very frustrated and would love a solution to this! submitted...
  6. Wake from sleep only with power button

Wake from sleep only with power button: Using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 latest update I want that it wakes up ONLY when I press the power button. Nothing else. Instead, it wakes up when plugging or unplugging the power cable, moving the mouse ever so slightly or pressing a button on the keyboard (both...
  7. Internal power error after waking from sleeping

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Internal power error after waking from sleeping: My computer experienced crashing after reawaking. This happens after I update the system to latest 1809. I have updated the drivers I know to the newest one. Can any one help me?...
  8. waking from sleep.

waking from sleep.: I have just changed from Win 10 home 32 bit to the 64 bit version. The crap I had with it starting up, shutting down the doing full cold boot after waking from sleep with a long time to come up still exists. I do not believe I am the only person in the world with this...
  9. Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Only the Power Button Wakes PC from Sleep: My system: Win 10 64 bit Retail, MSI B150M Mortar, Intel i5-6500, Samsung 512GB SSD, Corsair 2 x 4 GB Memory, etc. Although my keyboard and mouse are allowed to wake the PC from sleep (in Device Manager), they don't wake the PC. Interestingly, pressing the "Power Button"...
  10. will not wake from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    will not wake from sleep: I have a 4 yr old custom built desktop upgraded from Win 7 pro to Win 10 pro about 8 months ago. Up until two weeks ago the sleep/wake up has worked perfect. Now the unit will not wake from sleep. I have tried everything I have seen and nothing has worked. It has to be booted...