Windows 10: powercfg problem

Discus and support powercfg problem in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a powershell script that calls powercfg -lastwake. Every now and then it will not return any data. The code below Checks the return value $wake... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rac8006, May 23, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

powercfg problem

I have a powershell script that calls powercfg -lastwake. Every now and then it will not return any data. The code below
    Checks the return value $wake for null. If null it calls powercfg again. The other day I checked the system and the $try was at 2448. I did a ctrl-c which killed the powershell script. I then typed powershell -lastwake and got a good result.

My question is why does it some times fail to return an data?

Thanks
    RAC

$try = 0
    do {
    $wake = powercfg -lastwake
    Start-Sleep -Seconds 5
    $try += 1
    Write-Host "Wake tries: $try"
    } while ($wake -eq $null)

:)

rac8006, May 23, 2016

2. Wakeup from Hibernation

It didn't cure the problem

walkerpbus, May 23, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Sleep issue with Nvidia ?

There is a known problem with 361.75 which may have been resolved in 361.90. I would do a manual update of that version

If it continues to have problems

Please type the following in an elevated command prompt and paste the results in your next post

powercfg /A

powercfg /waketimers

powercfg /lastwake

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), May 23, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

powercfg problem

Hi, works for me- can only think maybe sthg is delaying the processing- was your system idle? But 5s is quite long.. hmm.

dalchina, May 23, 2016
  5. rac8006 Win User
    It works for me most of the time. But 2448 times 5 seconds part is 3.4 hours. Nobody was on the system. The system woke up at 8:00 AM for the next 3.4 hours every 5 seconds it failed to get a valid response from powercfg -lastwake. Yet if I open a command prompt and enter the command it works.

rac8006, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

powercfg problem

1. powercfg problem - Similar Threads - powercfg problem

2. Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408: Hi,I'm using Windows 11 CoreHomeSingle Edition.While I try to run powercfg /batteryreport i am getting error of 0x408.There is no other BatteryReport.html in system32 folder.Can i get a solution for it?...
  3. Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powercfg /BatteryReport error 0x408: Hi,I'm using Windows 11 CoreHomeSingle Edition.While I try to run powercfg /batteryreport i am getting error of 0x408.There is no other BatteryReport.html in system32 folder.Can i get a solution for it?...
  4. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  5. The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr"

The Unknown[None] in report of "Powercfg /spr": Hello Every body: I found a issue when I push most of process into EcoQos, The "Unknown[None]" will high than not use EcoQos. I don't know what the reason of this, Please help me. Thank you!!...
  6. cmd powercfg/batteryreport shows "no batteries are currently installed" but all drivers are...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cmd powercfg/batteryreport shows "no batteries are currently installed" but all drivers are...: I've had an issue with my battery for quite a while. I've changed it recently and reinstalled the battery drivers uninstall then scan for hardware change, yet the battery is still not detected under the battery report.It also shows "CONNECTED STANDBY Not supported"...
  7. cmd powercfg/batteryreport shows "no batteries are currently installed" but all drivers are...

cmd powercfg/batteryreport shows "no batteries are currently installed" but all drivers are...: I've had an issue with my battery for quite a while. I've changed it recently and reinstalled the battery drivers uninstall then scan for hardware change, yet the battery is still not detected under the battery report.It also shows "CONNECTED STANDBY Not supported"...
  8. cmd powercfg/batteryreport shows "no batteries are currently installed" but all drivers are...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 10 Powercfg Report---How to correct problems reported

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Powercfg Report---How to correct problems reported: I have ran a powercfg report the provided the below information. What error is most important to fix? How do you fix them? Are there any errors that don't have fixes? Analysis Results Errors USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend This device did not enter the...
  10. sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep problem with standby when both s1 and s3 shows under powercfg: My supermicro X9SRA board only have the option diable, s1, s3 under acpi.... but if i select s3 then under windows powercfg /a it would give standby (s1 s3) and that seems to be the problem that i can't properly wake the computer after it goes to sleep and power down...