Windows 10: PowerDirector 14 Crashes on MP4 importing

Discus and support PowerDirector 14 Crashes on MP4 importing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just purchased and installed CyberLink's PowerDirector 14 on my Win10 Pro system. Whenever I try to import an MP4 video clip, the darn program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by riqrat, Sep 2, 2016.

1. riqrat Win User

PowerDirector 14 Crashes on MP4 importing

Just purchased and installed CyberLink's PowerDirector 14 on my Win10 Pro system.

Whenever I try to import an MP4 video clip, the darn program crashes with "PDR.exe stopped working" popup, asking me to send a report.

I've disabled my GeForce Experience ( I have dual cards for multiple monitors).
    I've installed ffdshow.
    (each thing I've tried I've rebooted system).

Still crashes.

Anyone seen this issue and found a solution? It's so frustrating!

:)

riqrat, Sep 2, 2016

2. Win 10 update ruins Power Director 12

Ken

CyberLink PowerDirector 14:

CyberLink PowerDirector

PowerDirector 14 System Requirements:

PowerDirector 16

Operating System

• Microsoft Windows 10, 8/8.1, 7, Vista (SP2)

Gerry C J Cornell, Sep 2, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, just tried it in v13 (don't have a license for v14). Importing an MP4 file to the Magic Movie Wizard works ok.

Suggest you have a look at the event viewer and see what the report says.

Try running the program after a clean boot (but make sure any service the program needs is running).

Can you play that mp4 in another player?

Does PowerDirector work ok with other file types?

dalchina, Sep 3, 2016
  5. riqrat Win User
    Any MP4 would crash the application.

Tried running with a clean boot but that didn't help.

However, there are two things I've done that seem to 'help' so far. Jury is out as to whether this is a fix, but if I'm able to put out a couple of videos with lots of edits, then I'll know the issue has been fixed.

1. I increased the Priority to HIGH.

Now this seemed to 'lower' the crash frequency but did not remove it.

2. Uninstalled GeForce Experience completely from system. This appears to be working so far. (Note: Just disabling it was not enough.)

Time will tell.

Thanks.

riqrat, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PowerDirector 14 Crashes on MP4 importing - Similar Threads - PowerDirector Crashes MP4

2. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb: Downloaded Photos Legacy as needed my old trusty Video Editor and hate Clipchamp. Made a video. Saved it default as *.mp4. Opened it on another PC to edit more but Video Editor will only import *.vpb ? What am I doing wrong ?? Can't for the life of me work it out....
  3. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb: Downloaded Photos Legacy as needed my old trusty Video Editor and hate Clipchamp. Made a video. Saved it default as *.mp4. Opened it on another PC to edit more but Video Editor will only import *.vpb ? What am I doing wrong ?? Can't for the life of me work it out....
  4. Photos Legacy not importing *.mp4 just *.vpb

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Fifa 14 crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fifa 14 crash: Does anyone have a solution.Fifa 14 crashes as soon as I open it. It worked perfectly before and I installed Mafia 2 then fifa 14 started to crash. No error messages.But there is crash dump created in fifa folder:FIFAcrashDump_CL1515842_2022.08.24_06.58.42 Please help me fix...
  6. Fifa 14 crash

Fifa 14 crash: Does anyone have a solution.Fifa 14 crashes as soon as I open it. It worked perfectly before and I installed Mafia 2 then fifa 14 started to crash. No error messages.But there is crash dump created in fifa folder:FIFAcrashDump_CL1515842_2022.08.24_06.58.42 Please help me fix...
  7. movie maker 2012 and mp4 cant import/play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    movie maker 2012 and mp4 cant import/play: i cant play any of my files or even play a mp4 on my windows 8.1 build 9299 i prove a screenshoot it a codec problem?idk i can open some mp4 normally yes i can import some mp4 but these are my intro and outro i spend alot of time so is there a error? and i can play mp3 just...
  8. Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4: Hello Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055) Audacity 3.0.2 I need to install FFmpeg library Downloaded: https://lame.buanzo.org/lame_v3.100.zip and https://lame.buanzo.org/libmp3lame-win-3.99.3.zip There is not "avformat-55.dll" only I found "lame_enc.dll" From...
  9. Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4

Help with Audacity trying to import an .mp4: Hello Windows 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1055) Audacity 3.0.2 I need to install FFmpeg library Downloaded: https://lame.buanzo.org/lame_v3.100.zip and https://lame.buanzo.org/libmp3lame-win-3.99.3.zip There is not "avformat-55.dll" only I found "lame_enc.dll" From...
  10. Cyberlink Powerdirector refund

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cyberlink Powerdirector refund: Hello, I purchased a video editing application called cyberlink powerdirector 10 form the Microsoft store but the application cannot start up. I have contacted Cyberlink powerdirector but haven't been able to make it function or get a refund. I need to know if I can get a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powerdirector 12 hang while importing video

2. powerdirector mp4 crash

3. powerdirector 14 crashes windows