Windows 10: Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

Discus and support Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gini, Oct 24, 2017.

1. gini Win User

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

I have two powered USB 2.0 hard drives that I plan to plug into a powered USB 3.0 hub. I know I won't get the USB 3.0 speed, but should the I also connect each drive's power connection?

Thank you for your help.

:)

2. USBs still on after shutting down the computer

The external hard drive is USB connected to the computer. My external HD has no option for external powering.

dschaareman, Oct 24, 2017
  3. USB powered external hard drive will not power down.

Hi Vikki,

To help resolve your concern with USB powered external hard drive issue, you can refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard, type
      devmgmt.msc, and then hit Enter.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click the USB Hub, and then choose Properties.
    • Click Power Management tab, and then enable Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power
      option.
    If the issue persists, you can consider contacting your device manufacturer for advanced assistance regarding BIOS settings. The
    BIOS has unique USB port settings that can manage its power/electric flow.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 24, 2017
Thema:

Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub

1. Powered usb external hard drive in powered usb hub - Similar Threads - Powered usb external

2. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  3. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  4. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  5. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  6. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

7. USB Hub - Powered or not?

USB Hub - Powered or not?: I've run out of USB Ports on my PC, so I'm looking at a 4 port Hub. My question is this: Do I need a powered Hub or non-powered Hub? Devices to be connected to the Hub are Mouse, Keyboard, USB Headphones and phone charging via USB cable. Thanks. 164695
  8. insufficient power when external SSD is connected to USB hub?

insufficient power when external SSD is connected to USB hub?: My laptop has too few USB 3.0 ports for my purposes and therefore I use USB hubs to connect external devices to it. In fact I have two externally powered USB hubs of seven ports each connected to the laptop. On one of them I have four (individually powered) external drives...
  9. Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management

Windows10 - USB HUB Power Management: Hi, I've seen the problem same Jeff mentioned below on the latest Windows10 version when I plug USB flash drive to the HUB that use USB2412 chip. (No issue found if direct plug to the host PC). You can see post from Jeff on below link: One solution that I've tried and...
  10. Powered USB Hub

Powered USB Hub: Could someone wise please recommend a quality 4 port v3.0 powered USB hub with a UK mains plug PSU? I need it for keyboard, mouse, printer and Saitek X52 Pro joystick - the latter will not work unpowered with the rest. I've had a devil of a time trying to find Best Buy...