Windows 10: Powerpoint 2013 files from W7 not opening in Powerpoint 2013 W10

Discus and support Powerpoint 2013 files from W7 not opening in Powerpoint 2013 W10 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 ~5 days ago. Since then, Powerpoint 2013 opens/works fine, and saves/opens new files. But any... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by magd1722, Aug 10, 2015.

1. magd1722 Win User

Powerpoint 2013 files from W7 not opening in Powerpoint 2013 W10

Hello,

I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 ~5 days ago. Since then, Powerpoint 2013 opens/works fine, and saves/opens new files.

But any Powerpoint 2013 file that I work on on a Windows 7 machine or that a colleague sends me from a Windows 7 machine appears with an error message. "Powerpoint found a problem with content in xxx . PowerPoint can attempt to repair the presentation. If you trust the source of this presentation, click Repair." If I click 'repair', then it simply tells me it cannot open the file.

Troubleshooting:
    - I have tried to repair the file - nothing happens
    - Both versions of PowerPoint are PowerPoint 2013
    - This applies whether pptx or ppt file
    - I have tried 'quick' and 'complete' repair without success

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance!

John

:)

magd1722, Aug 10, 2015
  2. DaveM121 Win User

surface pro 4

That error indicates that the PowerPoint presentations you are downloading are corrupted. Click Repair and see if your version of PowerPoint can indeed repair the presentation and then save it to your hard drive . . . If PowerPoint cannot repair the presentations,
    contact that website you are downloading the presentations from and report that PopwerPoint (your version - 2016, 2013 . . . etc.) is unable to open their files and they should be able to remedy the situation!

DaveM121, Aug 10, 2015
  3. J W Stuart, Aug 10, 2015
  4. Akane Win User

Can you open that files from the other computer ?

Akane, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Powerpoint 2013 files from W7 not opening in Powerpoint 2013 W10 - Similar Threads - Powerpoint 2013 files

2. Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File: Recently used Recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And every time I click on the download it shows this. I want to use the download normally again. Without having remake it or having to delete it. What should I do?...
  3. Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint Can't Open This Type Of File: Recently used Recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And every time I click on the download it shows this. I want to use the download normally again. Without having remake it or having to delete it. What should I do?...
  4. Powerpoint can't open this type of file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint can't open this type of file: Recently used recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And everytime i click on the download it shows this just want to use the download normally. What should I do?...
  5. Powerpoint can't open this type of file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powerpoint can't open this type of file: Recently used recuva to recover a download I accidentally deleted. And everytime i click on the download it shows this just want to use the download normally. What should I do?...
  6. powerpoint can't be opened

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    powerpoint can't be opened: hello. i have this problem lately, i can't open the ppt that i download from web. when i click the troubleshooter it said that my antivirus is not running correctly. how can i fix this?...
  7. PowerPoint opens automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PowerPoint opens automatically: Hi, I'm doing a project for school and I need PowerPoint after a day of work I saved the file and shut off the PC. The next day I turned on the PC and PowerPoint opens automatically NOT in the same file BUT on a random presentation file. How can I stop it to start...
  8. Autoroute 2013 in W10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Autoroute 2013 in W10: I've had a hdd crash followed by fitting a new HDD and installing W10. Then today I've had a system crash and have to re-install everything again. Autoroute 2013 (for the UK) installs but show an error message of 0xC004D301 and will not start for some reason. This is the same...
  9. cant open powerpoint file

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cant open powerpoint file: when i tried to open a saved powerpoint file in my document folder, the file failed to load and a message pop up with this :/program files/microsoft office 15/ root /office 15/oart.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error..... error status...
  10. Microsoft replaces patch that killed PowerPoint 2013

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft replaces patch that killed PowerPoint 2013: Microsoft has replaced a patch for PowerPoint 2013 after finding it caused problems with the presentation app on Surface RT and Surface 2 tablets. The affected patch, KB2920732 for PowerPoint 2013 for the Surface RT and Surface 2, was released as part of the February Patch...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. powerpoint unsaved w7