Windows 10: PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank

Discus and support PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; A strange issue, hoping someone has a fix or workaround. Starting a few hours ago, all my PowerPoint presentations are blank as shown in screenshot:... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Kari, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Kari Win User

PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank

A strange issue, hoping someone has a fix or workaround.

Starting a few hours ago, all my PowerPoint presentations are blank as shown in screenshot:

PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank [​IMG]

Notice that the presentation shown above is (should be) full with graphics and text, each slide, and was shown correctly only a few hours ago. It is also correctly shown online as it's saved on OneDrive, I can see it and work with it in PowerPoint Online. This issue only applies to PowerPoint 2016 desktop app.

The above is just an example, all my presentations are blank at the moment using PowerPoint desktop app, all fully OK when seen online. Also, when making a new presentation I can only add text but not change design or background image.

Windows 10 PRO x64 Build 16170 EN-GB, Office 2016 Build 7967.2082.

Any ideas welcome.

:)

2. On screen video image flashback issues, Windows 10, Nvidia 870m, SSD hard drive

Which version of PowerPoint is it?

If its PowerPoint 2016, could you give this a try?

https://arcanecode.com/2017/12/10/fixed-powerpo...

Andre Da Costa, Apr 11, 2017
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    surface pro 4

That error indicates that the PowerPoint presentations you are downloading are corrupted. Click Repair and see if your version of PowerPoint can indeed repair the presentation and then save it to your hard drive . . . If PowerPoint cannot repair the presentations,
    contact that website you are downloading the presentations from and report that PopwerPoint (your version - 2016, 2013 . . . etc.) is unable to open their files and they should be able to remedy the situation!

DaveM121, Apr 11, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Looks like a display driver issue, has windows update just delivered a new (broken) driver?

5. Kari Win User
    How could it be a display driver issue when everything else works? I mean absolutely everything, I can even play the same presentation in browsers from OneDrive.

Only failing application is PowerPoint 2016. Office repair options used, no change.

6. Bree New Member
    Powerpoint is accessing the driver's functions directly, probably using functions not available (or not used the same way) in the browser. It wouldn't hurt to see if you had your driver updated about the time this problem started.

7. Berton Win User
    Would it be too large to post, maybe compressed to meet requirements of the site? I have Office 2013 on a computer and could check it for you.

Berton, Apr 11, 2017
  8. Kari Win User

Thanks but I already know all presentations work on other machines, also they all work online when seen on OneDrive or embedded on other sites.

There's nothing wrong in my presentations, it's just that on this one PC they suddenly started to show blank slides, no content.

9. Kari Win User
    Update: complete removal and reinstall of Office 2016 did not fix this, issue remains.

All other Office desktop apps working perfectly, everything else in Windows working as well.

10. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@Kari

not sure what the problem is -- works fine on my machines

I've got the latest versions though -- there was another update today.

Perhaps try and do the updates and see what happens

Here's the latest version :

PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank [​IMG]

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 11, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    Hey Kari did you figure this out?

I tried replicating your issue but all is good here. Same 365 Office version as yours, Windows 10 version though is 1703 (Build 15063.138).

Anyway I did a search online and though I found blank slide issues, no credible solution. Just curious if you fixed your though.

Thanks.

sygnus21, Apr 14, 2017
  12. Kari Win User
    No, have found no solution. All other Office desktop apps work perfectly, everything else (Windows, software, drivers) work perfectly. PowerPoint 2016 is the only issue.

Going to clean install W10 build 16176 later tonight or tomorrow, most probably this will be resolved with a clean fresh install although it would be nice to know what is causing this.

Interesting detail: Office is activated with my O365 Business email. However, when launching PowerPoint, it tells I need to reactivate entering my email. No other Office app asks this reactivation.

13. sygnus21 Win User

Now that's weird as you should only need one (email) account to activate the entire suite. The only time this wouldn't apply is if you've bought separate Office apps. In that case you'd just need to supply the PID.

Case in point, I've Office 365 (Word, PP, Excel, Outlook, etc); However I've also got Visio 2016 & Project 2016. Since these were purchased outside the 365 suite (aren't part of 365) I have to activate them by providing a PID key, not my O365 credentials.

Anyway not sure why your PowerPoint app would need a separate activation from the rest of your O365 suite; especially if it is part of the suite. You need to look into that one.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Apr 14, 2017
  14. Kari Win User
    An update:

This issue forced me to clean install W10 Education x64 Insider Preview. After installation updated all drivers and installed Office 2016. Again, everything else work without a single smallest issue but the PowerPoint 2016 issue remain: all existing presentations are shown blnak, can't add any graphics / images / backgrounds in new presentations.

I am able to create presentations with default white background and text, nothing else. No existing presentation can be edited.

15. cabernet Win User
    Kari,

I´m experiencing exactly the same behavior with my PowerPoint. Also tried several things, but nothing worked. In the meantime I am on Insider Build 16176, but still ...

I can work on my slides with PowerPoint Online, can export ist properly as an PDF, but in the PowerPoint Desktop application everything is just blank.

cabernet, Apr 18, 2017
Thema:

1. PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank - Similar Threads - PowerPoint 2016 presentations

2. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  3. Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Open PowerPoint Presentations: Hi, I'm having trouble opening PowerPoint presentations on my Windows 11 laptop. Whenever I try to open a PowerPoint file, I receive an error message saying "PowerPoint couldn't read the file." This happens with all PowerPoint files, including ones that I've been able to open...
  4. ms PowerPoint presentation printing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ms PowerPoint presentation printing: hello sir / madamwhile taking a print of my ppt some text are missing why? what may be the reason? but in pdf it is showing every line? kindly give me a solution...
  5. ms PowerPoint presentation printing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ms PowerPoint presentation printing: hello sir / madamwhile taking a print of my ppt some text are missing why? what may be the reason? but in pdf it is showing every line? kindly give me a solution...
  6. PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerPoint Presentation on Dual Monitors: Hello,I have a requirement where I need to open the PowerPoint file from today using task scheduler on the two different monitors in short make the process dynamic instead of opening those files everyday manually.So is there a way for either open two ppts in separate monitors...
  7. PowerPoint Presenter Coach available all platforms with new features

in Windows 10 News
    PowerPoint Presenter Coach available all platforms with new features: PowerPoint Presenter Coach now available on all platforms We love hearing feedback from our customers, and we’re excited to announce that PowerPoint Presenter Coach is now available on all platforms. PowerPoint Presenter Coach was first introduced in PowerPoint...
  8. 3D Powerpoint presentations

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3D Powerpoint presentations: I am loving the new 3D powerpoint presentations, however, I am not loving the following issue. I have the latest version of office 365, a brand new Surface Pro with the latest version of Windows 10, but when I save any 3D presentation it says some of the items might not be...
  9. To know about powerpoint presentation.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    To know about powerpoint presentation.: sir, please help me to do my presentation . Don't know how to do a power point presentation in windows 10 software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/to-know-about-powerpoint-presentation/3bcf1396-8025-49a3-a686-28927336151a"
  10. Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Converting Powerpoint Presentation to Movie: To answer "why".....the original presentation was done on a Mac and runs just fine on that computer. I would have left it alone were it mine, but........This is going to be displayed on an Intel Stick (connected to a TV) which does not have Power Point. The Power Point viewer...