Windows 10: Powerpoint 2016 for Mac "Some files can contain viruses "

Discus and support Powerpoint 2016 for Mac "Some files can contain viruses " in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi all, I have Office 2016 for Mac, and when I add a link on Powerpoint, on opening it appears the message: "Opening path/filename. Some files... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ukulele13, Dec 20, 2015.

1. ukulele13 Win User

Powerpoint 2016 for Mac "Some files can contain viruses "

Hi all,

I have Office 2016 for Mac, and when I add a link on Powerpoint, on opening it appears the message:

"Opening path/filename.
    Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer.
    It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source.
    Would you like to open this file?"

Then you can give the approval to continue and it opens.

This is happening when I add a hyperlink of a PDF file or video file that is saved on my Mac (El Capitan).

On the other hand it works properly if I add a hyperlink of :
    1. The web
    2. Word file
    3, Picture

I disabled Macros and turned down firewall but same issue.

Any ideas?

:)

ukulele13, Dec 20, 2015

2. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

As I said in my first post you can either try to update it's software to see if it cures it.

If it doesn't then your phone is faulty and you will need to get it repaired.

psychomania---01, Dec 20, 2015
  3. my phone " keys in " some numbers while talking

i contacted nokia who replied :

Thank you for emailing Nokia Care.

I appreciate your feedback. However, at the moment the Nokia Software Updater does not support Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070.

In response to your email, there are no issues with Nokia 6080 nor Nokia 6070. Please take both phones to your nearest Nokia Care Point. The technicians will assess if a repair is required and advise if this may be covered under the warranty.

went to carphone warehouse & explained the problem,

the lady i dealt with told me that this IS a problem she has seen over & over again.

because the phone was still within the 14day period they exchanged it for a different handset [for which i needed to fork out another load of £££'s. guess i should've spent more in the first place!!]

i asked what they will do with my returned phone,

she said it'll be added to the collection of them which need to send back to nokia.

perhaps nokia are in denial cause they havent had the stores returns yet?

anyway,

i hope everyone else will be fortunate enough to get a replacement.

kareldevelop, Dec 20, 2015
Thema:

Powerpoint 2016 for Mac "Some files can contain viruses "

1. Powerpoint 2016 for Mac "Some files can contain viruses " - Similar Threads - Powerpoint 2016 Mac

2. how to delete a file that contains a virus?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to delete a file that contains a virus?: when i try to delete the file it says"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file, if you receivethis error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problemError code: 0x800700E1I'm using windows 11...
  3. how to delete a file that contains a virus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to delete a file that contains a virus?: when i try to delete the file it says"An unexpected error is keeping you from deleting the file, if you receivethis error, you can use the error code to search for help with this problemError code: 0x800700E1I'm using windows 11...
  4. Can mac get windows virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can mac get windows virus?: I am worried I might have a network virus in my home, I have 2 windows laptops and a mac. Both my windows laptops are exhibiting signs of virus, and I'm worried my ISP's router/modem might be infected now too. Could the mac device get a virus as well in this situation?...
  5. "StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??

"StartupCheckLibrary.dll contains a virus"??: [ATTACH]What is this? It says that StartupCheckLibrary.dll could not start as the file contains a virus or unwanted software. Couldnt really find much helpful info online. Except for one guy saying it wasnt actually malware but instead just "just some old tasks that were...
  6. Can a Mac virus infect Windows pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can a Mac virus infect Windows pc?: I am going to mess around in a virtual machine(mac) and my windows is the host. So if I infect my mac and if there is a possibility it can transfer to the host, will my windows get infected as well? submitted by /u/Potato-wingedDragon [link] [comments]...
  7. PowerPoint 2016 pen coordinates zigzag

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PowerPoint 2016 pen coordinates zigzag: In a PowerPoint presentation, if I draw a vertical line, it will suddenly zigzag to the left an inch on the screen. I makes my lines look jagged. I think it must have a coordinate error where the x coordinate of pen location is sometimes mis-read. I normally use a mouse,...
  8. Problem with PowerPoint and some apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with PowerPoint and some apps: When I use PowerPoint and start the slideshow, the screen shows half the slide and the same half screen is mirrored at a right angle. The same thing happens on some a live online demo I was watching. Any ideas what the problem is and how to fix. I'll try posting an image....
  9. Bootable windows contains virus

Bootable windows contains virus: There's some virus on my computer right know, and i like to reinstall my windows. Since i dont have any other computer to create bootable so it's safe to create bootable ISO from computer that contains virus ? I kinda scare that virus also injecting to my flash drive while i...
  10. PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank

in Microsoft Office and 365
    PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank: A strange issue, hoping someone has a fix or workaround. Starting a few hours ago, all my PowerPoint presentations are blank as shown in screenshot: [img] Notice that the presentation shown above is (should be) full with graphics and text, each slide, and was shown...