Windows 10: PowerPoint 2016 - locally stored passworded ppt will not open offline

Discus and support PowerPoint 2016 - locally stored passworded ppt will not open offline in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hi all, This is for one of my company's VP's so it's urgent for me. Problem: User is downloading a passworded ppt doc to their desktop and when... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by ricecracker, Jun 14, 2017.

1. PowerPoint 2016 - locally stored passworded ppt will not open offline

Hi all,

This is for one of my company's VP's so it's urgent for me.

Problem: User is downloading a passworded ppt doc to their desktop and when they open it while not on a network (ie WiFi disabled), it just doesn't open. When they are on network, it opens right after the password is put in.

If this were on a network drive, the problem would be obvious. Since it's on a local drive, I'm totally at a loss.

Anyone ever seen behavior like this before? Any ideas as to what could cause it?

Version: Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016

Hardware: HP Elitebook Folio 9480m

:)

ricecracker, Jun 14, 2017

2. how to open ppt offline in windows 10 mobile

@ravikiran: There is Microsoft PowerPoint app installed by default. You may need to update it before using. It acquires licenses, performs update & then you will be able to open PPT's in offline mode.

I tried and working for me.

Regards,

Amey.

Amey Abhyankar, Jun 14, 2017
  3. i have dought on internet explorers

HI Nithiranmoorthy,

You should be able to open Powerpoint .ppt and .pptx files with Office on your phone.

How did you download the file?

Was it from a link from a web page or was it sent as an email attachment?

Are you sure the file was a valid Powerpoint file?

If you use the
    Files
    app, is the file that you downloaded in the Documents or Downloads folder?

If you want to test that you phone can download and playback Powerpoint files, this
    link will provide a ppt file that will open on the Phone. I found that link via an Internet search, it opens just fine on the phone, but I have no other information on that
    file or the server that hosts it.

Could you describe the specific steps that you took to download the ppt file to your phone? Was it a .ppt file or was it a .pptx file?

Christopher Miller, Jun 14, 2017
  4. PowerPoint 2016 - locally stored passworded ppt will not open offline

Update: The issue resolved itself. I'm chocking it up to intermittent runtime lag and "PEBKAC.msc."

I also posted in the MS answers forum and this is what one of the community mods said:

"Is it possible that the user has created a link to the file in question and not actually downloaded the file itself?
    Rightclick the icon, choose Properties and it should give you some clues.
    And while you're there, check the General tab; see if there's an UNBLOCK button or checkbox. If so, choose to unblock the file and try opening it again."

ricecracker, Jun 14, 2017
Thema:

PowerPoint 2016 - locally stored passworded ppt will not open offline

1. PowerPoint 2016 - locally stored passworded ppt will not open offline - Similar Threads - PowerPoint 2016 locally

2. Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file: Last year I created a ppt file and encrypted it. After when I bought a new SSD disk for my laptop, I reinstalled my window. Now when I try to open the old encrypted ppt file which was created by the old administration's user, the PowerPoint said that it cannot read the file....
  3. Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file: Last year I created a ppt file and encrypted it. After when I bought a new SSD disk for my laptop, I reinstalled my window. Now when I try to open the old encrypted ppt file which was created by the old administration's user, the PowerPoint said that it cannot read the file....
  4. Sorry, PowerPoint can't read ... ppt file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ppt gets closed after puting powerpoint on sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ppt gets closed after puting powerpoint on sleep: Hi,I have recently upgraded my windows system from windows 10 to windows 11.Though most of the function are working properly, however PowerPoint has been has been having issue.Whenever the laptop is put/goes on sleep mode with programs like PowerPoint still running and file...
  6. ppt gets closed after puting powerpoint on sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ppt gets closed after puting powerpoint on sleep: Hi,I have recently upgraded my windows system from windows 10 to windows 11.Though most of the function are working properly, however PowerPoint has been has been having issue.Whenever the laptop is put/goes on sleep mode with programs like PowerPoint still running and file...
  7. powerpoint is getting memory reference error while opening a graphs in ppt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    powerpoint is getting memory reference error while opening a graphs in ppt: Hi, Power point is getting crash with "The memory could not be read error". I have checked opening the same file on different laptop and found no issues. I have reinstalled the MS Office 16 x64 on the laptop and found issue is same. The laptop is enabled with 16 GB RAM...
  8. PowerPoint 2016 pen coordinates zigzag

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    PowerPoint 2016 pen coordinates zigzag: In a PowerPoint presentation, if I draw a vertical line, it will suddenly zigzag to the left an inch on the screen. I makes my lines look jagged. I think it must have a coordinate error where the x coordinate of pen location is sometimes mis-read. I normally use a mouse,...
  9. Powerpoint 2016 crashes whenever I open info tab

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Powerpoint 2016 crashes whenever I open info tab: As stated on the title^^. I've been having this issue for quite a while. I attached the log event https://www.dropbox.com/s/5h2lu1vkyw...rash.evtx?dl=0 Anyone is able to rectify the issue? Much appreciated *Smile 57084
  10. PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank

in Microsoft Office and 365
    PowerPoint 2016 - All presentations blank: A strange issue, hoping someone has a fix or workaround. Starting a few hours ago, all my PowerPoint presentations are blank as shown in screenshot: [img] Notice that the presentation shown above is (should be) full with graphics and text, each slide, and was shown...