Windows 10: PowerPoint disappears

Discus and support PowerPoint disappears in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We have purchased and downloaded Microsoft Office (some time this past year). As of yesterday there have been 4 times that PowerPoint will not open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by antiochchurch, Aug 27, 2018.

1. PowerPoint disappears

We have purchased and downloaded Microsoft Office (some time this past year). As of yesterday there have been 4 times that PowerPoint will not open and I have had to reinstall it. Excel has continued to work most times. ( I haven't checked it every time.) The third time it happened was after a Windows 10 update. Not sure what happened yesterday. My computer didn't indicate that there had been an update.

Is there a way to prevent this? The last thing we need to be doing on a Sunday morning is reinstalling a program since our internet is not very fast. (We are in rural area.) Let's say it made for a few tense moments yesterday morning. Praise God we got it done in time.

I'd like to know if there's a way to prevent this from happening again. Can I at least copy it to a flash drive or disk so that we don't have to rely on the internet?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Cheryl

Secretary

Antioch Church

:)

antiochchurch, Aug 27, 2018
  2. jaydeee Win User

PowerPoint file crashes PowerPoint upon opening

since this happens in some of the computers only, suggest that you open the file on working computer and copy everything and paste to a new powerpoint file.
    most of the time it works to me. *Smile PowerPoint disappears :)

jaydeee, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Assigned Access of Powerpoint Presentation

Hi Drew,

I realize the inconvenience caused to you regarding PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I will certainly assist you.

As you are not able to see the PowerPoint Mobile app in windows store. I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app which is freely available in Windows Store.

Follow the below steps for the same.

• Type Control Panel on the search bar,then go to Programs and Features, Click View Updates
    • Click the update that you want to remove, and then click Uninstall. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 28, 2018
  4. PowerPoint disappears

PowerPoint 2016 high CPU usage after file is saved

Hi,

There's a possibility that an add-in that is installed and enabled in PowerPoint is causing the problem. For us to sort this out, we suggest checking the add-ins in PowerPoint and verify if a
    CoPentaBar add-in is enabled. Follow these steps:

• Start PowerPoint.
    • On the File menu, click Options.
    • Then, click Add-ins.
    • At the bottom of the Add-Ins dialog box, select COM Add-ins and then click
      Go.
    • Click to disable the CoPentaBar add-in.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

PowerPoint disappears

1. PowerPoint disappears - Similar Threads - PowerPoint disappears

2. After a clean reinstall, I noticed Words, Excel, PowerPoint disappear

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After a clean reinstall, I noticed Words, Excel, PowerPoint disappear: Hi,My other last post where the solution was about to do a clean reinstall, well, after that, words and other ms apps disappeared.If I open a word doc, it takes me to a office app and it just stores the doc to my OneDrive and open it in MS edge.I don’t know how to get the...
  3. After a clean reinstall, I noticed Words, Excel, PowerPoint disappear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After a clean reinstall, I noticed Words, Excel, PowerPoint disappear: Hi,My other last post where the solution was about to do a clean reinstall, well, after that, words and other ms apps disappeared.If I open a word doc, it takes me to a office app and it just stores the doc to my OneDrive and open it in MS edge.I don’t know how to get the...
  4. After a clean reinstall, I noticed Words, Excel, PowerPoint disappear

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PowerPoint animation disappeared.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerPoint animation disappeared.: When clicking to enlarge the page of PowerPoint, there is no animation. I opened a few new slides the same way, I also checked my add-ins and deleted the template files, but it didn't work. Hope someone could help me. My Office version is Office 365. Windows 11.Thanks in...
  6. Powerpoint disappears when my computer is on stand by

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powerpoint disappears when my computer is on stand by: Hello,I have been searching for a solution online for a while now, but find myself unable to discover what the issue is.Everytime I use Powerpoint and turn away for a moment - of course the monitor goes black and the laptop is on sleep mode. But when I touch the mouse or...
  7. Powerpoint disappears when my computer is on stand by

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powerpoint disappears when my computer is on stand by: Hello,I have been searching for a solution online for a while now, but find myself unable to discover what the issue is.Everytime I use Powerpoint and turn away for a moment - of course the monitor goes black and the laptop is on sleep mode. But when I touch the mouse or...
  8. Powerpoint disappears when my computer is on stand by

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. PowerPoint disappears after pc reset or update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PowerPoint disappears after pc reset or update: after i reset my pc, it said there is a new update. it got updated. then later i tried oppening my school files, it said that how do you want to open this file. something like that. then i searched power point, it was not there. i searched it in ms store, but i needed to pay...
  10. Drawings disappearing and moving in Word/Powerpoint 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Drawings disappearing and moving in Word/Powerpoint 2016: I have a HP Pavillion X360, and whenever I use the HP Pen in either Word or Powerpoint I am often subjected to my work spontaneously disappearing whenever I change slides in powerpoint, or being dragged along whenever I go up or down a word document as if the drawing is stuck...