Windows 10: PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store

Discus and support PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have spent many hours for the last two days trying to get the Store and several apps re-registered and working. On other forums which I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clayto, Nov 6, 2016.

1. clayto Win User

PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store

I have spent many hours for the last two days trying to get the Store and several apps re-registered and working. On other forums which I have been directed to, such as MS TechNet, much of the advice and links I have been given either generate various errors, or just fail to work. So I have tried here: How to Re-register the Store in Windows 10.
    Again I get errors, commands not recognised and so on.

What is going on? I have activated the Windows Firewall, I have entered everything using Copy & Paste, so what else must I do to carry out this fairly common procedure?

:)

clayto, Nov 6, 2016
  2. BTK_IRL Win User

Windows store missing, not working AGAIN

Yet again the store just stops working. This is the forth time in as many months on two very different PC's. I am very tired of having to follow the usual steps.

Run WSReset.exe FAILURE

The Powershell commands FAILURE

Create new user which always works and is a pain.

My questions are simple, why is this happening and what is causing the issue and will there ever be a fix

What below all means ?

C:\WINDOWS\system32>PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Windows

Store).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}

Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered.

Merge Failure : error 0x80070003 : Cannot register the Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.25.5.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe package

because there was a merge failure with the following file: C:\Program

Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsStore_2015.25.5.0_neutral_split.scale-100_8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri

NOTE: For additional information, look for [ActivityId] fffec281-46e5-0003-96d1-feffe546d101 in the Event Log or use

the command line Get-AppxLog -ActivityID fffec281-46e5-0003-96d1-feffe546d101

At line:1 char:97

+ ... fest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manife ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : WriteError: (C:\Program File...ppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], IOException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : DeploymentError,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

BTK_IRL, Nov 6, 2016
  3. Smittychat., Nov 6, 2016
  4. Neemobeer Win User

Post the command you're typing

Neemobeer, Nov 6, 2016
  5. clayto Win User
    Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register

"$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}"

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command & {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + \AppxManifest.xml ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest}

Some of many links I have been given and which have failed

clayto, Nov 7, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 7, 2016
  7. clayto Win User
    No, reset just produced the message "we cannot reset this app"

clayto, Nov 7, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 7, 2016
  9. Neemobeer Win User
    Looks like the command syntax is not right. The path switch is a positional switch. If it is not the first argument you must prefix the appxmanifest.xml path with -Path

Neemobeer, Nov 7, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Nov 7, 2016
  11. clayto Win User
    Hi

I tried the .bat file at the same time as I tried the Power Shell command from this forum, with the same negative result.

Some of the PowerShell attempts produced a lot of red print which I guess is indicating errors (?), but I did get some which seemed to finish correctly all in green ---- but still did not restore anything.

My puzzlement is added to by the fact that this is a new computer with newly installed OS and Anniversary plus I have run sfc and Dism, so I am not expecting any accumulated corruption.

clayto, Nov 7, 2016
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    In that case, a repair install may be the best option.

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. PowerShell commands: errors and failure to register the Store - Similar Threads - PowerShell commands errors

2. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  3. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell command: Hi How can i get a list via powershell commandof expired users password in AD like this screenshot.Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-command/54833831-89ba-4641-a5b2-2d55e848aab8
  4. Powershell command

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to register Windows machine to Storage sync service using powershell commands

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to register Windows machine to Storage sync service using powershell commands: Register-AzStorageSyncServer -ResourceGroupName "myResourceGroup" -StorageSyncServiceName "myStorageSyncServiceName"I am using this command to register but this is not working for me . help me to fix this.This Error is thrown:Register-AzStorageSyncServer : Exception of type...
  6. Undo -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register in powershell

Undo -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register in powershell: Hi, I recently ran the command instructions below in power shellPress Windows Key + S and type powershellRight-click on Windows PowerShell and choose Run as administrator.In the PowerShell command window, type following command and hit Enter:Get-AppXPackage Foreach...
  7. powershell commands

powershell commands: I would like a PowerShell ISE command to open a .flac file at a certain time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/powershell-commands/ea3b6d02-cddd-419d-9ba5-a18f14e67ba5
  8. error in powershell command

in Windows 10 Customization
    error in powershell command: error in powershell command Getting Hardware Hash Script Command Install-Script -Name Get-WindowsAutoPilotInfo https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=627338&clcid=0x409...
  9. PowerShell command to check if Microsoft Store is installed

PowerShell command to check if Microsoft Store is installed: As title says, I'd like to know if there is such command. 164490
  10. Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Powershell 'Win. Store reinstallation' command not working: Hey ! A long ago, i used someone's powershell script to optimize my laptop at its maximum and i messed up the script a bit, which deleted/uninstalled every Windows app such as the Store, Pictures and Videos viewer, etc... I've been looking for some way to solve this...