Windows 10: PowerShell Core Question

Discus and support PowerShell Core Question in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,i just found out that PowerShell core now exists, so my question is if one day a now major windows 10 update will eventually see the official... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DylanTurnerZH, Jul 27, 2018.

1. PowerShell Core Question

Hi,i just found out that PowerShell core now exists, so my question is if one day a now major windows 10 update will eventually see the official release of PowerShell core where it's standard on windows 10,since its not intended to replace windows PowerShell,and it will be working alongside the main windows PowerShell,i went and downloaded the 6.1.0 pre-release,also,can I run this on the home edition of windows 10,or is only for the pro and enterprise edition,and should I wait instead of installing it until its officially releases and integrated into windows?

:)

DylanTurnerZH, Jul 27, 2018

2. Core Apps Missing

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Why was the powershell command used and what issue were you facing previously?
    • Which are the apps you are referring to Core apps?
    • Currently on which build are you in Windows 10?
    Please post us back with the information above to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jul 27, 2018
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Tryx3 Win User

PowerShell Core Question

PowerShell question

The username you typed in underneath your diagram is the username for the Built-In Admin account.

• To get the prompt that you wrote you would have to log in as the Built-In Admin account and then open Powershell from there.
    • I have never heard of anybody running Powershell using the Built-In Admin and have no idea if it would work [there are several undocumented limitations to the Built-In Admin account in Windows 10]

Is that what you meant or were you just asking how to get an elevated Powershell window?

• This is done by right-clicking on the Powershell link in the Start menu & selecting Run as Admin.

Denis

Tryx3, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

PowerShell Core Question

1. PowerShell Core Question - Similar Threads - PowerShell Core Question

2. Core Isolation Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core Isolation Question: In Device security>Core isolation there is that yellow triangle with the exclamation point lack of a better term.But, when I click 'Core isolation details' there is nothing there that indicates an issue.I don't understand.James...
  3. Core Isolation Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core Isolation Question: In Device security>Core isolation there is that yellow triangle with the exclamation point lack of a better term.But, when I click 'Core isolation details' there is nothing there that indicates an issue.I don't understand.James...
  4. Core i5-7300HQ question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Core i5-7300HQ question: Will this be available Core i5-7300HQ in the next update to Update Windows 11? I cannot see my processor in the list, I want to update to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-i5-7300hq-question/e0b11854-662f-47f5-a2d8-7da2310a78d3
  5. Core i5-7300HQ question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Core i5-7300HQ question: Will this be available Core i5-7300HQ in the next update to Update Windows 11? I cannot see my processor in the list, I want to update to Windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/core-i5-7300hq-question/e0b11854-662f-47f5-a2d8-7da2310a78d3
  6. core isolation question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    core isolation question: hi i was wondering how much does core isolation affect performance? submitted by /u/SuperficialNightWolf [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqg6ij/core_isolation_question/
  7. Powershell for Printers Question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Powershell for Printers Question: Hi all, does anyone have a work around to adding a tray (to set the following like in the screenshot) with powershell? [img] 150911
  8. How to replace powershell with powershell core? I just installed powershell core and i want...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to replace powershell with powershell core? I just installed powershell core and i want...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rediikid [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7p0ey/how_to_replace_powershell_with_powershell_core_i/
  9. how to start PowerShell core

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to start PowerShell core: I don't know if I have to launch it in a separate session from within PowerShell or not, trying to run from admin mode so I can test it out, just installed 6.1 preview, and I searched the web for info on how to do this but all results came up empty,any help with this would be...
  10. Install PowerShell Core on Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Install PowerShell Core on Windows: How to: Install PowerShell Core on Windows How to Install PowerShell Core on Windows Over the years, there have been many releases of PowerShell. Initially, Windows PowerShell was built on the .NET Framework and only worked on Windows systems. With the current...