Windows 10: Powershell Pro's Unite!~ (help me reinstall a default app)

Discus and support Powershell Pro's Unite!~ (help me reinstall a default app) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I got a little overzealous with my bloatware pruning and have managed to rectify 99% of it. The glaring item/entry I can not re add is the Xbox Game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018.

1. klepp0906 Win User

Powershell Pro's Unite!~ (help me reinstall a default app)

So I got a little overzealous with my bloatware pruning and have managed to rectify 99% of it. The glaring item/entry I can not re add is the Xbox Game Speech Window.

The package is Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay

Anyone care to walk this simpleton through the proper commands to powershell it back into place? *Smile

:)

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
  2. RoP_GER Win User

Windows 10 Maps Won't start.

... There are options to reinstall all default apps with PowerShell, but this also did not help me. It "destroys" more than that it helps.

Regards,

RoP

RoP_GER, Mar 17, 2018
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Mar 17, 2018
  4. Bree New Member

5. klepp0906 Win User
    Yea I saw the tutorial. I couldn’t quite make it out and didn’t want to muck things up.

Course I was tired and had two toddlers hanging from my pants so perhaps this morning with fresh eyes lol.

Should he happen across this in the meantime however *Tongue

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
  6. klepp0906 Win User
    ok so i gave it a try - this is what i ended up with ..

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.At line:1 char:100+ ... fest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manife ...+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], ItemNotFoundException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
  7. Barman58 Win User
    I would expect Shawn @Brink to be here sometime n the next 4 hours, so time to make the toddlers breakfast *chuckle

Barman58, Mar 17, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello @klepp0906, *Smile

Have you already tried the command below in an elevated PowerShell?

I'm not sure it will work if the account you run it in has it uninstalled though.

Get-AppXPackage *Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay* | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Brink, Mar 17, 2018
  9. klepp0906 Win User
    Hi brink, I just tried to run it and it did nada.

no text and brought me back to C:\

thanks for the reply btw. Ive just spent a solid week top to bottom daily getting my pc back to pre mobo dying/upgrade condition and now im fretting i managed to break the install lol.

Fwiw ive looked high and low and apparently the Winstore folder is front and center to this working? Problem is i dont have it on this pc, and ive checked two other windows 10 pcs and it doesnt exist there either.

Worst case, is said package uploadable so i can add it where I need it to get it back on the pc? >< I cant format,i cant. Im on home stretch and about to actually be able to settle in for the long haul/USE the pc and now this.

(yea i know i sound desperate)

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 17, 2018
  11. klepp0906 Win User
    I did check that im afraid. Its simply not there. During my digging i found this site Provisioned Packages (Provisioned Apps) in Windows 10 Pro s IT Blog which links to all the apps in the store and notice one of if not Thee only app with a notation indicating its not in the store - is the one im looking for.

Argh. I know this can be done w/out dumping windows. Just well outside my "hardware enthusiast/gamer" scope Powershell Pro's Unite!~  (help me reinstall a default app) :p

Thoughts?

as usual - thank you for your time and help!

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
  12. klepp0906 Win User
    if i run this on a pc that has it installed - this is what i get (if its helpful?)

PS C:\Windows\system32> Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay*

Name : Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay
    Publisher : CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
    Architecture : X64
    ResourceId :
    Version : 1.21.13002.0
    PackageFullName Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_1.21.13002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    InstallLocation : C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_1.21.13002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    IsFramework : False
    PackageFamilyName : Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_8wekyb3d8bbwe
    PublisherId : 8wekyb3d8bbwe
    IsResourcePackage : False
    IsBundle : False
    IsDevelopmentMode : False
    Dependencies : {Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00_14.0.25426.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_1.21.13002.0_neutral_split.scale-100_8wekyb3d8bbwe}
    IsPartiallyStaged : False
    SignatureKind : Store

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
  13. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 17, 2018
  14. klepp0906 Win User
    fwiw i took ownership of and navigated to said folder. The app/manifest etc is certainly there.

Just no idea what to do w/ it >.<

impatiently awaiting those who are smarter than i *Smile

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
  15. klepp0906 Win User
    We did it team *Smile

Thanks for dealing with my impatient bantering. Since this site has helped me SO much over the years.. and since i was unable to find the exact command literally anywhere... paying it forward. If anyone needs to replace an app your not looking for "winstore" your looking for WindowsApps which is hidden and owned by system in Program files.

Take ownership, find your app and copy its path. Heres the string I had to use and it went swimmingly. Replace the folder/path with the app your trying to re-add.

Add-AppxPackage -register "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.XboxSpeechToTextOverlay_1.21.13002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\AppxManifest.xml " -DisableDevelopmentMode

klepp0906, Mar 17, 2018
Thema:

1. Powershell Pro's Unite!~ (help me reinstall a default app) - Similar Threads - Powershell Pro's Unite

2. Can you help me reinstall the Microsoft Photos App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you help me reinstall the Microsoft Photos App?: My Photos App stopped being able to open my photos. I tried repair, then restart, but they didn't work, so then I uninstalled it. Now I can't seem to get it again in the Microsoft Store! Help please! Thank you...
  3. Can you help me reinstall the Microsoft Photos App?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can you help me reinstall the Microsoft Photos App?: My Photos App stopped being able to open my photos. I tried repair, then restart, but they didn't work, so then I uninstalled it. Now I can't seem to get it again in the Microsoft Store! Help please! Thank you...
  4. Can you help me reinstall the Microsoft Photos App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. will you help me what to do to fix the bettery issue of this unit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will you help me what to do to fix the bettery issue of this unit?: already update windows. the problem is the battery is not adding up when you plug in the charger. it stucks at 6% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-you-help-me-what-to-do-to-fix-the-bettery/5338199c-7e1d-4f13-a23e-d5133cad9aff
  6. Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?: There's a PowerShell command I use to start updating an excel file very morning. It worked until yesterday, when I got a Windows update. Since then, I can't do it.The commands I run:$excel = new-object -comobject excel.application$workbook =...
  7. Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?

Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?: There's a PowerShell command I use to start updating an excel file very morning. It worked until yesterday, when I got a Windows update. Since then, I can't do it.The commands I run:$excel = new-object -comobject excel.application$workbook =...
  8. Can anyone help me with this PowerShell issue?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Reset Powershell to default?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Reset Powershell to default?: Is it possible to reset Powershell to complete defaults i.e the font, colors etc? 180017
  10. Problem with reinstalling default apps

Problem with reinstalling default apps: I am having a problem with reinstalling the default apps of Windows 10. When I have uninstalled an app, and then try to reinstall the default package through: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register...