Windows 10: Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified.

Discus and support Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Looking for a way to use powershell to remove every modern/metro app except those specified in a list. I assume you'd have to use get-appxpackage to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by kronflux, Oct 6, 2015.

1. kronflux Win User

Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified.

Looking for a way to use powershell to remove every modern/metro app except those specified in a list.
    I assume you'd have to use get-appxpackage to list all apps installed, then select ones that aren't in the list.
    (the list would just include what's included by Windows by default)

The purpose is for removal of OEM installed apps from new laptops.

:)

kronflux, Oct 6, 2015
  2. Smittychat., Oct 6, 2015
  3. After installing build 10130 on my dell laptop most of the apps crash or claim they can't connect.

I've now updated to the current build 10162 and the modern apps all crash on opening just like before. It wouldn't be too bad except that tools like calculator are now using the modern UI.

I've tried creating a new user, changing UAC and running a script in PowerShell that some have claimed solved the problem.

Device Manager shows no problems and the graphics driver was updated by windows update. I don't know what else to try.

JoshuaAndrews, Oct 6, 2015
  4. mykou Win User

mykou, Oct 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Powershell removal of ALL modern apps EXCEPT specified. - Similar Threads - Powershell removal modern

2. App removal with PowerShell !

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  3. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App removal with PowerShell !: Most apps you can right click and uninstall using Windows 10. The Photo app and Windows media player you seem to need PowerShell! Is there a reason for this ? maybe a silly question. I removed the Windows photo app yesterday using PowerShell. I have been having problems with...
  4. App removal with PowerShell !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users

Powershell - Remove Windows 10 Apps for All users: I am trying to remove Several Windows 10 Apps via Powershell and I mean I have done extensive research but just can not seem to get it to work. It works great for 1 user but not all users. Am I doing something wrong or what cause this is getting annoying lol....
  6. All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically

All Windows 10 modern apps minimizing automatically: [IMG] I am stuck with this horrible and frustrating issue that causes all Windows 10 modern apps to automatically minimize within seconds of opening/maximizing it. I have confirmed that this only affects Windows/Microsoft apps like Mail, Settings, Store, Photos, News, etc....
  7. Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customise OS with PowerShell script to remove ALL Apps.: I have been playing around with customising an Win 10 Pro ISO for installation. I basically want to get rid of pretty much ALL the Apps besides about three. For customisation, I have tried out WinReducer, MSMG, and WinToolkit, all of which allowed various levels of...
  8. Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove all UWP apps except store for new users.: Hi, I would like to remove all the UWP apps except the Microsoft store. I know how to do that and it works perfectly but one question is how can I make that happen for new users? I don't need the extra apps and the other users dont need them either. I have tried looking...
  9. Remove all modern metro apps

Remove all modern metro apps: Howdy, I use this PowerShell command to remove all modern metro apps from all user accounts: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage However, it does not remove some apps and I have to remove them manually using: Remove-AppxPackage...
  10. Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error

Cant fix crashing modern apps due to odd powershell error: Can someone tell what the powershell errors means? when i put this commend ((Get-ChildItem "HKLM:SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Appx\AppxAllUserStore\InboxApplications") | Get-ItemProperty).Path | Add-AppxPackage -Register -DisableDevelopmentMode i get...